Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida's reporting more daily positive tests. What's troubling is that the percentage positive tests has been increasing for several weeks and appears to be increasing at a faster rate.

This is good data...but then the question becomes: who is getting tested? Has FL somehow pinpointed the correct type of people to test, or are people being wiser about when and when not to get tested? Are the regulations in FL vs NY different as far as who is eligible for testing? Is testing available for the same class of people, and as equally distributed, in both states? Have any of those variables changed between the states over the time period reflected in this graph?

There are a lot of variables here that can affect all of these numbers, and the truth is I don't have time to research them all. What I can tell you is that the current research shows if you are under 65 years of age, your chance of dying from this is VERY small. And if you are 65+, I hate to be insensitive here, but you are on your way out anyway. Let's not forget that the average life expectancy was under 50 years not so long ago....maybe God has spoiled us? It's just irrational to shut down the globe for this, and to make all these outrageous new policies.

I'm willing to bet that Newsom is inflating hospital numbers with illegal immigrants, or by some other loophole. Slippery son of a bitch.

Last edited:
@voyciz I agree with you, you are insensitive. What about people that have lower immune systems, diabetic or asthmatic but also younger? People may not always die but can have lasting effects, like scars in the lungs or kidney and heart disease the rest of their lives. Some young people have strokes. Only the healthy, strong, young and fit will survive in your opinion?

The problem is people can carry Covid and not know it and can pass it to others like your parents, grandparents or uncle Dave? I would hope you would care about a pregnant loved one. I just don’t understand such a cavalier attitude with such a devastating illness.

Last edited:
EU83wU_XgAUMwE-.jpeg

And if you are 65+, I hate to be insensitive here, but you are on your way out anyway. Let's not forget that the average life expectancy was under 50 years not so long ago....maybe God has spoiled us? It's just irrational to shut down the globe for this, and to make all these outrageous new policies.

Do you find any new policies acceptable, or should we simply go about our business as usual?

@voyciz I agree with you, you are insensitive. What about people that have lower immune systems, diabetic or asthmatic but also younger? People may not always die but can have lasting effects, like scars in the lungs or kidney and heart disease the rest of their lives. Some young people have strokes. Only the healthy, strong, young and fit will survive in your opinion?

The problem is people can carry Covid and not know it and can pass it to others like your parents, grandparents or uncle Dave? I would hope you would care about a pregnant loved one. I just don’t understand such a cavalier attitude with such a devastating illness.

I disagree. I think people with lower immune systems, and at-risk individuals, should be the ones staying home and taking precautions. THEY should be the ones isolating, not me. They can't catch it from me if they don't come around me, or anywhere I've been, right? Of course I care about the elderly, in my family, and in others. They keep their distance from me, and everyone else, and wear masks everywhere they go. But, in the great free country of America, this should not be FORCED on anyone. Pretty soon they will be locking us in cages like dogs! You have to make a stand and nip things in the bud before they start to snowball. I strongly disagree with the sheep mentality where one person sees someone react in a certain manner, and it sets of a chain effect, and then the world turns crazy. This is why no one was able to purchase toilet paper, hand sanitizer, or red meat for the first time in ages. All because of the blind following the herd. Sorry, but if yall decide to all jump of a cliff, I think I will stay right here.

Again: do you realize how many fatalities and permanent injuries are caused by motor vehicle collisions? Do you still drive a car? It was long ago discovered that car-related injuries/deaths are a severe problem, so why is there not a policy against them? Truth is, masks and social distancing were not intended to save lives. It's a matter of controlling the population. They want us all to hide our faces so that our individuality is diminished, and to keep away from our loved ones because those are often the ones protecting you. It's easier to take control of your mind when you are all alone. Your soul is all you have worth anything, take heed, and do not let it be abstracted from you. When Trump first made a statement about this covid stuff, he said it was fake news...and then all of a sudden he backpedaled. He says it is because a close friend contracted the virus, but if you listen closely to his speech, you can see that this is a lie. Someone(s) with power and money got their hands on him and forced him into shutting down the country. Their motives remain unknown at present, but we must be observant.

Do you find any new policies acceptable, or should we simply go about our business as usual?

Recommending social distancing, and masks, is completely acceptable. But when you try to force people to obey you like an Autocrat, I lose respect, that is just not acceptable. I live in AMERICA: land of the FREE, home of the BRAVE! If you want to go about your business as usual...well that's YOUR business, not someone else's. I think a lot of people should keep their noses where they belong (on their face).

Last edited:
If you want to go about your business as usual...well that's YOUR business, not someone else's.
It becomes my business when your reckless actions endanger my welfare. This is deadly serious shit going on. Is wearing a mask that much of an infringement on your rights that you don't give a fuck about anyone living or dying ? I got news for you, I live in Az where it's going crazy AGAIN because we opened too quick, and people didn't wear masks, and they didn't give a fuck and went to the bars and didn't distance themselves . Now we are paying the price. People ages 20 to 45 are now reporting the highest number of infections, not just us old fucks.

And if you are 65+, I hate to be insensitive here, but you are on your way out anyway. Let's not forget that the average life expectancy was under 50 years not so long ago....maybe God has spoiled us?
I'm willing to bet you'll change your mind when you hit 60.

It becomes my business when your reckless actions endanger my welfare. This is deadly serious shit going on. Is wearing a mask that much of an infringement on your rights that you don't give a fuck about anyone living or dying ? I got news for you, I live in Az where it's going crazy AGAIN because we opened too quick, and people didn't wear masks, and they didn't give a fuck and went to the bars and didn't distance themselves . Now we are paying the price. People ages 20 to 45 are now reporting the highest number of infections, not just us old fucks.

I'd like to understand how my actions affect your welfare. If you were doing your due diligence, and staying away from bars, wearing masks etc., then it wouldn't really be a problem, would it? Me not wearing a mask is a far cry from saying that I don't care if anyone dies. But you want everyone else to suffer for your presumed well being that you are getting from the media, that is just selfish. And, please explain to me just how crazy it is over there in AZ - I'm one state away from you and somehow I have not heard of this. Sounds like you are watching too much news?
We're not paying the price because certain people didn't wear masks, we're paying the price because there's a fucking virus that God created, and we can't do anything about. Yeah I know, it's scary that we humans are not all-powerful...but shit happens. Get a grip. Life IS death.

If God decides it is in the plans for me to hit 60, I will not complain. I don't expect to see 60, and I don't expect to see tomorrow either.

Last edited:
I'd like to understand how my actions affect your welfare. If you were doing your due diligence, and staying away from bars, wearing masks etc., then it wouldn't really be a problem, would it? Me not wearing a mask is a far cry from saying that I don't care if anyone dies. But you want everyone else to suffer for your presumed well being that you are getting from the media, that is just selfish. And, please explain to me just how crazy it is over there in AZ - I'm one state away from you and somehow I have not heard of this. Sounds like you are watching too much news?
We're not paying the price because certain people didn't wear masks, we're paying the price because there's a fucking virus that God created, and we can't do anything about. Yeah I know, it's scary that we humans are not all-powerful...but shit happens. Get a grip. Life IS death.

If God decides it is in the plans for me to hit 60, I will not complain.
How much do you know about viruses ? What's your expertise that you can say your not threat to others? Obviously you don't know anything about what's going on in AZ. People on this forum seem to know. So wearing a mask makes you suffer? :rofl: I hear you, those straps really tickle. Mighty presumptuous of you to bring in my media habits when you don't have a clue who I am.

Americans feel entitled to do what they want regardless of the circumstances whether it was smoking cigarettes inside or wearing a seatbelt. Some maybe too young to remember. What about liability insurance for your car? We never want anyone to tell us what to do, even if it means when it’s at the detriment of our own health or the health of others. It came down to mandating rules regarding our health, people didn’t like it. I worked in a building where everyday somebody would take down the no smoking sign in the elevator or write “fuck you” on the sign. People were up in arms they couldn’t smoke at their desks any longer. I remember the blue haze in the office, we were all expected to breathe it in without complaining. It wasn’t that long ago that folks could still smoke in restaurants, remember the smoking sections? What a joke that was.

We want our country to start back up. It will not happen at the degree that’s needed, we want to flatten the curve of this pandemic. That would include face coverings and not crowding bars and restaurants. People need to get real, science doesn’t lie, they are still finding out about this virus. Just get over the mask wearing and use a tiny bit of common sense. It shows lack of empathy to others. It will go along way to get our economy back and running if we could just follow what the science and doctors tell us. All you need to do is look at how other countries got it done. We want our schools and our work places starting up. All older people need to stay home? We need to make a living too. A lot of us still need to work even though we maybe over 60 or have compromised immune systems.

It’s kinda pathetic how this whole thing has been handled from day one. We saw this thing coming from elsewhere. What made those in charge not to get our country prepared? Some folks have the idea that we can’t believe science, I don’t understand that. How did wearing a mask become so political? We really need some leadership, it’s sadly laking IMO. Cannot continue to pretend that the house isn’t on fire.

Last edited:
1593141137664.png

Poms at the beach yesterday, all told to go home but they did not bother...cops don't scare anyone there, people just tell them to fuck off, no guns is my thinking.

America is in bigtime trouble with Covid19. Houston is already at over 90% ICU capacity. The three most populous states just achieved daily records for new infections. Sorry to say but y'all are fucked & this is the tip of the iceberg.

Now I have noticed some political references here in thread. That is not tolerated & any further political mentions will result in warning points. If you think this applies to you it does. Fair warning as we are entering silly season.

A front-line physician's plea.

Can’t You Wear a Mask for the Sake of Health Care Workers?
Now it’s hospital staff in Arizona who are being challenged by the coronavirus, and that didn’t have to be.

By Bradley A. Dreifuss
Dr. Dreifuss is director of rural and global emergency medicine programs at the University of Arizona College of Medicine at Tucson.
June 26, 2020

...I get angry when I see people refuse to wear a mask or physically distance from others or stay home when they could because it is inconvenient — or as a political statement. If you do not wear a mask and physically distance, you are putting yourself and others in harm’s way. You are putting us in harm’s way. Then you will expect us to risk our lives to save you. And it’s not just we whom you ask to risk our lives, but our families as well. What you are saying to people like me and my team is, “Your life and the lives of your loved ones do not matter to us; you are disposable.”

I am willing to sacrifice for the greater good of the public. I took an oath to that effect when I became a physician. But the public has to sacrifice some too if we want to get through this as safely as possible — social scientists call this “health citizenship.” It means contacting your elected representatives and imploring them to follow public health science when they set policy — and voting out those who won’t. It means demanding the health care systems protect the well-being of staffs. And yes, it means wearing a mask, staying home when possible and practicing physical distancing so that our hospitals and care facilities are not swamped and we are not overwhelmed.

Your sacrifices of comfort and convenience make a difference — for your family, your neighbors, your health care workers and your access to quality health care in the future if you need it. I hope you don’t visit me or my team in the hospital anytime soon, but should you need to come see us, we want to be available and able to provide you the best possible care.

To do that, we need you to be part of our team.

https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/...se-epidemiology/covid-19/dashboards/index.php
This is the from yesterday. If you check it out go to confirmed Covid 19 cases by day and check out the chart. Gov. Ducey reopened the state on May 20 and it's been downhill ever since. Arizona has three times as many positive tests among people age 20 to 44 as it does in any other age bracket, according to state data. Numbers don't lie. Some of the hardest hit are on the reservations in the state, the Navajo are are enforcing sundown to sunup curfews, and roadblocks.

Now that COVID-19 has been around awhile, they are finding recovery can drag on awhile, and there are often long term problems. I feel lucky, but I am still more tired than I've ever been. Drinking a lot of water, eating a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables, trying to take naps. Madri-Guy is scheduled for 8 hour shifts, but usually works 12, comes home and deals with the house, pets, garden and meals. When asked what he did during the pandemic, he will be able to say "everything". I'm useless, but great company. I spend my days memorizing knock-knock jokes to bust out in the evenings when I'm sure Madri-Guy has done his chores, and can stand cheering up. I'm sensitive that way.

Now that COVID-19 has been around awhile, they are finding recovery can drag on awhile, and there are often long term problems. I feel lucky, but I am still more tired than I've ever been. Drinking a lot of water, eating a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables, trying to take naps. Madri-Guy is scheduled for 8 hour shifts, but usually works 12, comes home and deals with the house, pets, garden and meals. When asked what he did during the pandemic, he will be able to say "everything". I'm useless, but great company. I spend my days memorizing knock-knock jokes to bust out in the evenings when I'm sure Madri-Guy has done his chores, and can stand cheering up. I'm sensitive that way.
I am not scared of the flu?
It’s been interesting visiting this,: “PALE BLUE DOT “ we member’s of this CANNABIS site reside on!

That is dangerously false information @Helios. The real way to measure the effects on the body is to measure oxygen saturation in the blood. That meter in the video above is designed to measure oxygen levels in the surrounding air. Usually they are used in mining or confined space works in conjunction with full face respirators.

I spent 10 years advising in a professional capacity on respirators & the correct fitment, application & how to minimise overall risk. Masks are safe for prolonged wear. That is what they are designed for.

Masks are not going to stop you getting Covid19. They will help somewhat but what they do very well is stop people spreading it. If you stop the spreading & seeding of the virus you break the back of it & get it to a manageable level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back