Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Curing

Curing woes? Could be your drying technique, the environment or both!
They should be a thing of the past!
And possibly they are...

I have used so many techniques to dry and cure my herb over the years mostly with very good results.
Last grow was bit dry and previous grow was a bit too moist still.... The weather had been awful with high humidity and hot days and with not being home, nothing to remedy it until i got home...
This was not good as it wasted a lot of time and sometimes herb, not cool!

So I did a lot of research and trawled the internet to come up with a better solution!

I eventually stumbled upon the Herbs Now Dryer, what basically looks like a food dehydrator.
I can hear the sighs from here....LOL!!!
So I researched further and discovered pro growers turning to this device to dry their products for sale! Hmmmm....:cool:
Tested with lab results to back it up as well.

I have chatted to a lot of growers on IG and on forums and they swear by them!
So I went ahead and orderd the basic unit to test out on my next harvest. I have around 5 different strains growing at the moment, so it should be a good test as I will have regular dried and cured buds as well to compare.

Operation:
Harvest your plants when ready and trim up the buds as if they were dry.
Layer in the dryer on the racks and set for the recommended time, 96 Hours although from the info I have gathered 72 to 76 hours is optimum.
Once the time has completed, jar up your buds and cure them perfectly in the knowledge all the buds are dried to the same level.

You can also stack trays, up to 3 sets and that is a LOT of space to dry.
They have a moisture shot glass as well that most don't use.

I will update again once I start to use the dryer! Going to still be a few months away as the girls are only just popping!

HN.jpg

hn1.jpg

hn2.jpg

HN4.jpg

HN3.jpg

If you want to do some more reading, here is the website:

A lot of reviews!

And now the regular stuff, no affiliation and I get nothing from these guys unfortunately!
Just really excited to get my unit and try it out. A grower friend on IG told me to buy one and his bud is absolute fire!
Lets see what happens! Looking forward to easy, breezy curing!

That looks very very similar to my first dehydrator by Ronco, Ron Popeil. Remember the late night infomercials for his rotisserie with the slogan Set it and Forget it? It worked great for dehydrating veggies as long as I regularly rotated the racks since there was no fan to distribute the heat evenly and the element was located at the bottom.

I never tried drying bud in a dehydrator. I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I've since upgraded to an Excaliber dehydrator which sports a fan to distributed the heat and a temperature adjustment. Do rotate the racks of bud a couple times a day and I imagine you'll have good results. The other caution I can offer is that a dehydrator can intensify the odors of the substance being dried. Onions for example can drive you from your home when dehydrating and I've since learned that it's best to dry fragrant materials outside.

So I researched further and discovered pro growers turning to this device to dry their products for sale! Hmmmm....:cool:
It only dries 6oz at a time so I doubt pro growers would use it, only US$150ea...sigh...hehe

It only dries 6oz at a time so I doubt pro growers would use it, only US$150ea...sigh...hehe

As i mentioned, you can add trays to dry more at a time...
Have a look on IG and see who is using them. Bu pro growers I am talking home grow guys that grow amazing bud.
Of course a mass producer would not be interested in one...goes without saying...

Curing woes? Could be your drying technique, the environment or both!
They should be a thing of the past!
And possibly they are...

I have used so many techniques to dry and cure my herb over the years mostly with very good results.
Last grow was bit dry and previous grow was a bit too moist still.... The weather had been awful with high humidity and hot days and with not being home, nothing to remedy it until i got home...
This was not good as it wasted a lot of time and sometimes herb, not cool!

So I did a lot of research and trawled the internet to come up with a better solution!

I eventually stumbled upon the Herbs Now Dryer, what basically looks like a food dehydrator.
Tested with lab results to back it up as well.

I have chatted to a lot of growers on IG and on forums and they swear by them!
So I went ahead and orderd the basic unit to test out on my next harvest. I have around 5 different strains growing at the moment, so it should be a good test as I will have regular dried and cured buds as well to compare.

Operation:
Harvest your plants when ready and trim up the buds as if they were dry.
Layer in the dryer on the racks and set for the recommended time, 96 Hours although from the info I have gathered 72 to 76 hours is optimum.
Once the time has completed, jar up your buds and cure them perfectly in the knowledge all the buds are dried to the same level.

You can also stack trays, up to 3 sets and that is a LOT of space to dry.
They have a moisture shot glass as well that most don't use.

I will update again once I start to use the dryer! Going to still be a few months away as the girls are only just popping!

HN.jpg

hn1.jpg

hn2.jpg

HN4.jpg

HN3.jpg

If you want to do some more reading, here is the website:

A lot of reviews!

And now the regular stuff, no affiliation and I get nothing from these guys unfortunately!
Just really excited to get my unit and try it out. A grower friend on IG told me to buy one and his bud is absolute fire!
Lets see what happens! Looking forward to easy, breezy curing!

Living the dream!
In the next black hole I explore I plan to grow where we land? (FUTURAMA reference)
My wife want’s to just buy it?
Glad she’s cool or out she goes!
Thank’s for the seed’s!
Love THAI before going into the PACIFIC OCEAN!
Using a bedroom ceiling to hang our harvest (AFAGANI x MAUI WOWIE pre GDP daze) no seed’s allowed!
SOUTH AFRICAN DUDES were very knowledgeable!
Other’s drank a lot of sud’s?
CANNABIS was healthier?
B-4 I 4-get: where can one buy the curing tray? (My grow’s r so small now)

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back