Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape D nail Halo and Nimbus

I thought mine was wonky, no wonder, I just got 2 like the small bottom one, I will send DNail another note...

So Dnail said they are doing an update on configurations and I should use the top fin of the heat sink as he clamping part(no large washer) as it would still not heat soak and cause any problems and the 2x small washers are o lock the wpa at height like this;

Dnail no washer.jpg

Problem with that is I have already blown out one dropdown due to heat expansion of the Dnail WPA as it was and having the coil even closer is not going to help.
I sent another email explaining this (should I really have to, shouldn't they know this shit?)
So I might go back to this;

Dnail small washer.jpg

So Dnail said they are doing an update on configurations and I should use the top fin of the heat sink as he clamping part(no large washer) as it would still not heat soak and cause any problems and the 2x small washers are o lock the wpa at height like this;

View attachment 12096

Problem with that is I have already blown out one dropdown due to heat expansion of the Dnail WPA as it was and having the coil even closer is not going to help.
I sent another email explaining this (should I really have to, shouldn't they know this shit?)

View attachment 12097
Mmmm
Who knows what they are on about with "new design"
Hopefully they send a big washer to keep you happy and you can use the tried and tested method most ppl use?

View attachment 12096

View attachment 12097

Sounds kinda shady to me. The bigger surface keeps the heat on the dish. While the fins are there to dissipate heat.

But I have had problems with drop downs from china. IDK if that was part of your problem. I use drop downs from thick ass glass now. Much better.

Sounds kinda shady to me. The bigger surface keeps the heat on the dish. While the fins are there to dissipate heat.

But I have had problems with drop downs from china. IDK if that was part of your problem. I use drop downs from thick ass glass now. Much better.
I thought the big washer helped keep the heat where it was supposed to be too
And fins for as you describe

I have not had my drop downs break yet except for if I drop them.....

But I have had problems with drop downs from china.

It was one of my only level and straight ones, used for months with Ti nail but only just started using 900f for cleaning as Dnail instructions say, I used to hit 700 to 750 on the old Ti occasionally.
I wonder if there are any decent dropdowns available that would not break the bank getting to Oz?

I got my drop downs on dhgate, and despite what others said about theirs breaking, I've been using mine for well over a year without issue. I bought 2 of them for $10 and I cycle between them and use the reclaim they catch for edibles since it's already decarbed.

I got my drop downs on dhgate, and despite what others said about theirs breaking, I've been using mine for well over a year without issue. I bought 2 of them for $10 and I cycle between them and use the reclaim they catch for edibles since it's already decarbed.

I think I posted about it a while back but I busted 2 drop downs from the gate within 15 minutes of unboxing them.

Maybe a bad run? They we're the Z shaped ones, and both broke at welds.

I've had some from TAG ever since I bought my enail controller from them for my dnail rig. 2+ years I think.

I think I posted about it a while back but I busted 2 drop downs from the gate within 15 minutes of unboxing them.

Maybe a bad run? They we're the Z shaped ones, and both broke at welds.

I've had some from TAG ever since I bought my enail controller from them for my dnail rig. 2+ years I think.

Very likely. Yes I heard of a lot of people mention theirs breaking, not sure if mine are any different? I tried to see if my seller still sold them and they don't. I hope mine dont break but figure when they do it'll probably be my fault, these seem solid.

20190817_155932[1].jpg

I have had mine for a good while now also from the gate with no breaks except my own drops or bangs
I must be lucky with my DHgate purchases too
I also told my the patient I gave dab rig to that they should keep the drop down reclaim for edibles

Very likely. Yes I heard of a lot of people mention theirs breaking, not sure if mine are any different? I tried to see if my seller still sold them and they don't. I hope mine dont break but figure when they do it'll probably be my fault, these seem solid.

View attachment 12144
I have two on order that look identical to these (they have an actual drop to them unlike most) so hopefully they last me as long as they have you :)

@LesPlenty I use the 900 (I set to 999 and it gets up to 960 max) cleaning function regularly too so that shouldn't be an issue for a decent drop down

View attachment 12144

The drop downs that broke for me looked different. Z shaped.

They didn't have curves, they had side welds to get the angles right.

Funny I just seen some in a local tobacco/bong/head shop type store.

View attachment 12144
Showing off your big flat washer on the Halo and a dropdown that actually drops down, lucky bugger, I have a Sidchrome drawer full of dodgy looking examples and a few more on order (like @felvapes) and hopefully yours. Maybe I neeed to leave more reclaim in them to hold them together like your example...hehe

Showing off your big flat washer on the Halo and a dropdown that actually drops down, lucky bugger, I have a Sidchrome drawer full of dodgy looking examples and a few more on order (like @felvapes) and hopefully yours. Maybe I neeed to leave more reclaim in them to hold them together like your example...hehe

Busted :dog:

I have been using my Halo with the top fin of the heat sink to support the flat coil and the unit feels a lot more soil but still does not cover the hole in the flat coil very well. It also made the dish surface temperature even closer to what the PID is set to (12 degrees f) so a completely covered coil with the large washer would be even better,
IMG_20190819_222615.jpg

I also did a 900f cleaning run for 30 minutes in my fancy looking dropdown that @felvapes recommended a while back and it survived OK.
These ones;

Di from Dnail just sent me a tracking number for my large retainer nut, so all good!

Cool
Good stuff
Seems they have addressed their horrid email response times too
I think you will enjoy the halo a bit more with the correct washer on there

It will be interesting to see if the dish temp will get even closer to the PID setting with the big washer/nut and if the RDK 200 is the same as the 300 in that regard.

It will be interesting to see if the dish temp will get even closer to the PID setting with the big washer/nut and if the RDK 200 is the same as the 300 in that regard.

I bought one of those temp probe deally bobs, that was posted here, and then another probe with a steel end because the wire probe didn't seem to be accurate.

Last night with my enail set to 510°F the probe read 189°C.(372F) So either I'm vaping rosin way low or I'm still not getting a good reading.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back