Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Extraction Dabpress Rosin Plates

I find Gorilla Glue to be an oily, sappy mess to collect as well. Of course, I'm just using a hair iron, so that doesn't help. Still, it's much worse than Chem Dawg, Cookie Dough, and whatever else I press. Curing and aging hasn't helped, me or the GG.
It would be horrid to collect from the slug then I reckon

The rosin I used to make with a hair straightener was more shattery than the slug rosin too
I just didn't get good yields from my hair straightener but it gave a decent product

If you and @Shredder find GG so oily with a dabpress and hair straightener I reckon it would be really runny in a slug .... Would be stuck with my head in a freezer for hours trying to collect...lol

@LesPlenty I usually figure a gram of rosin is roughly equatable to a 1/4 of herb give or take.

IDK how much I go through on a weekly basis. Maybe 1.5-2 grams? And maybe an 1/8 of herb? Just rough estimates. I have 6-7 jars of rosin that I use at any one time, so it's hard to keep track.

But I think it's easier on the lungs since it's cleaner and you use less to get similar effects.

It would be horrid to collect from the slug then I reckon

The rosin I used to make with a hair straightener was more shattery than the slug rosin too
I just didn't get good yields from my hair straightener but it gave a decent product

If you and @Shredder find GG so oily with a dabpress and hair straightener I reckon it would be really runny in a slug .... Would be stuck with my head in a freezer for hours trying to collect...lol
I press it first, then throw it in the freezer while I press whatever else I have. It's the only way I can collect it. It's nice, just a mess to deal with. I grew it, and the Chem Dawg, for pressing so it's disappointing. I imagine with a Dabpress it would be less runny, but then I imagine life would be more pleasant with a Dabpress in general. One day.

I press it first, then throw it in the freezer while I press whatever else I have. It's the only way I can collect it. It's nice, just a mess to deal with. I grew it, and the Chem Dawg, for pressing so it's disappointing. I imagine with a Dabpress it would be less runny, but then I imagine life would be more pleasant with a Dabpress in general. One day.
That is the system I used with the slug

That GG that is oily sounds like a 2x10g puck direction fold drip tech straight into your container, just a thought.

@psychonaut or anyone else, what would be the highest figure I am ever likely going to see on my Hr10t35v pump gauge?

Edit; Did we find what thread size the gauge on the new pump is also?

Last edited:
@psychonaut or anyone else, what would be the highest figure I am ever likely going to see on my Hr10t35v pump gauge?

Still waiting for the information, I will update as soon as I have it.

Apparently the gauge is very difficult to remove and requires a special tool. Working on the size of the threads still.

Regarding max pressure it is 8702 PSI for the hand pump.

Here are details of the gauge port threads. This is a bit different than the gauges I've worked with.

gauge.png

Apparently the gauge is very difficult to remove and requires a special tool. Working on the size of the threads still.

Regarding max pressure it is 8702 PSI for the hand pump.
I'm fine using the pump as is
Learning the needle positions as is so all good, I don't need to change the original setup ATM

Did a 2g squish today of new bud
Very happy
105 C (221 F) for 3 mins 2500 stepped up to 3000 on gauge(I may try same heat but 2.5 mins next time and see if the yield is the same)

Got a really nice see through/honey coloured rosin, a little shattery but sticky so easy to collect

I got .36 return, so that's 18% I think ? Very stoned after post press test dabbing....:smug:

Nice squish, nice product, nice yield, nice stone

Very tasty rosin and heavy hitter :)

My wallet still hates me, but I'm really loving my dabpress ATM
I believe it is saving me time (not spent vaping to get the meds needed redosing through the day) and material, as I think I'm going through less bud all.up

The quality of rosin is amazing too....

Really happy with the DP and satisfied using it with some decent bud as a starting material

Glad to hear you're getting along well with your press @felvapes ! The wallet should rebound soon I hope :weed:

--------------

Our upcoming enail should be available soon. It is a Titanium universal nail base to fit in any glass joint size of your choosing. The Titanium Universal base accommodates a 25mm quartz dish and a Titanium carb cap. The enail kit will come with a replacement dish in the event that one breaks, and we will offer replacement dishes for the future. The wiring for the heater cables is the standard wiring that is used by many manufacturers including dnail and Auber, for the best compatibility with parts.

$119 - https://dabpress.com/collections/th...-heater-hybrid-quartz-titianium-nail-included

[IMG]

[IMG]

Easily move your 20mm barrel coil to your 20mm quartz banger to have a full quartz air path if you want.

1565097808635.png

Not your average bear!
Might be easier to buy some reading glasses and leave there, it would no be so bad but the oil level in the gauge sits at around squishing pressure and is hard to read.

Glad to hear you're getting along well with your press @felvapes ! The wallet should rebound soon I hope :weed:

--------------

Our upcoming enail should be available soon. It is a Titanium universal nail base to fit in any glass joint size of your choosing. The Titanium Universal base accommodates a 25mm quartz dish and a Titanium carb cap. The enail kit will come with a replacement dish in the event that one breaks, and we will offer replacement dishes for the future. The wiring for the heater cables is the standard wiring that is used by many manufacturers including dnail and Auber, for the best compatibility with parts.

$119 - https://dabpress.com/collections/th...-heater-hybrid-quartz-titianium-nail-included

[IMG]

[IMG]

Easily move your 20mm barrel coil to your 20mm quartz banger to have a full quartz air path if you want.
Gee that looks nice, I like the quartz dish idea - reasonable price too
I've got an auber and halo so don't need, it tweaks the Vas though.......

View attachment 11735
Not your average bear!
Might be easier to buy some reading glasses and leave there, it would no be so bad but the oil level in the gauge sits at around squishing pressure and is hard to read.

My oil level is just right
Any lower and it would be annoying though
20190806_233606.jpg

View attachment 11735
Not your average bear!

You can always add in a little bit of glycerin to the gauge. The rubber seal in the top can be removed with your fingers or a small dab tool, then just use a tip top spout to fill, reinsert the plug and begin working. Keep a smallish air bubble about an inch in size up towards the top so it doesn't leak out.

Last edited:
@felvapes I agree you have a better enail setup with your kit! We hope our enail will help with one stop shopping and give new rosineers a better start than smoking their rosin :doh: I believe the nail can also be used on Titanium too w/o the dish installed + torching if the coil is not working or you wanna go camping.

@felvapes I agree you have a better enail setup with your kit! We hope our enail will help with one stop shopping and give new rosineers a better start than smoking their rosin :doh: I believe the nail can also be used on Titanium too w/o the dish installed + torching if the coil is not working or you wanna go camping.
Yea I like that
The auber cost 99 but didn't come with a nail and quartz dish
The halo quartz dish looks nice but I think it is expensive

This is a nice one stop kit and a nice looking control

View attachment 11735
Not your average bear!

Just feel lucky you got a gauge, poor bastards like me have none. We're gaugeless souls in a gauged world. The agony!

I thought I needed one but after a while you get a feel for what works based on the effort needed.

When I added an air assist I had to relearn by sound rather than effort.

I bet after a while you barely look at it.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back