Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Extraction Dabpress Rosin Plates

Happy Monday Asylum members!

For our EU rosineers, we have our 10-ton tabletop driptech hydraulic heat press machine available in the EU warehouse now. * Please note, our hand pump is not yet available, we hope to get those stocked with our next shipment, perhaps within the next month or two. Thank you for your patience while we expand our EU warehouse!

https://dabpress.com/collections/hy...ne-strongway-hand-pump?variant=14168074649673

Here is an aftermarket pump that is compatible and has gauge on Ebay.co.uk -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-TON-H...-Power-used-on-10-ton-ram-75-Vat/322218419032

I just finished dabbing the last of my first squish, 1.96grams=9 days, my herb consumption is way down and I have been quite well medicated.
I will do another 10g run tomorrow and try to take more pics of preparations needed.
I just remembered I have a small pile of bubble hash that could use some de-pappering (long story) so I might have a go at a small puck or 2 of that.

Just finished a somewhat successful squish, I will explain with pictures;
10g in the pre-press, plastic 'funnel' that helps feed the puck into the 160au bag(no top or bottom);
IMG_20190731_154059.jpg

putting the puck into bag;
IMG_20190731_154129.jpg

Almost there;
IMG_20190731_154205.jpg

Into the Taco parchment paper (note no top or bottom on puck;
IMG_20190731_154232.jpg

Ready to start squish (might use a longer piece of parchment next time);
IMG_20190731_154305.jpg

Just took up the pressure to 1500psi(gauge) and had a look...hmm, not right;
IMG_20190731_154329.jpg

Oh well, still got some nice looking Rosin (I tried to drip stright into the puck, missed, a lot of rosin left on the puck;
IMG_20190731_154403.jpg

I managed to dodge most of the vegetable matter;
IMG_20190731_154420.jpg

Nice clear yellow gold, still a shatter consistency when it cools, so collect it quick;
IMG_20190731_154502.jpg

Easy way to clean collection tools, Hey @psychonaut, how can I get another wide flat chisel?;
IMG_20190731_154522.jpg

The final outcome was 0.97g for a 9.7% return...but it is nice;
IMG_20190731_154542.jpg

So, moral of the story, use the filter on the top and bottom for hassle-free pressing.

Just finished a somewhat successful squish, I will explain with pictures;
10g in the pre-press, plastic 'funnel' that helps feed the puck into the 160au bag(no top or bottom);
View attachment 11516

putting the puck into bag;
View attachment 11517

Almost there;
View attachment 11518

Into the Taco parchment paper (note no top or bottom on puck;
View attachment 11519

Ready to start squish (might use a longer piece of parchment next time);
View attachment 11521

Just took up the pressure to 1500psi(gauge) and had a look...hmm, not right;
View attachment 11522

Oh well, still got some nice looking Rosin (I tried to drip stright into the puck, missed, a lot of rosin left on the puck;
View attachment 11523

I managed to dodge most of the vegetable matter;
View attachment 11524

Nice clear yellow gold, still a shatter consistency when it cools, so collect it quick;
View attachment 11525

Easy way to clean collection tools, Hey @psychonaut, how can I get another wide flat chisel?;
View attachment 11526

The final outcome was 0.97g for a 9.7% return...but it is nice;
View attachment 11527

So, moral of the story, use the filter on the top and bottom for hassle-free pressing.
A second flat scraper would be useful for scraping off the scraper
I like the flat one but don't use it heaps as it's hard to get off
I use one of the round ones as I can squeeze the silicone container around it a "wipe" the rosin off

But yes I like the flat and two would be great for this purpose

I cut the top and bottom off the filter so there is less seam and corners to catch rosin
But I fold the top and bottom over and make a fully enclosed puck so I don't get blow outs like this doing larger amounts

When squishing the 2 gram bud I used no filter at all with no issues as it is only a small amount of material and when squished flat it just got to the edges of plates

I also have my paper just long enough to use the magnets and wide enough to go over the edge of the sides of plates but not touch the springs or be bunched up
Just flat folded
I set it up in the press and then slide my puck in

Nice looking rosin there :)
Love the quality and colour from the dabpress

Last edited:
@LesPlenty I had a similar experience when I tried that method. It definitely takes some practice and a bit of luck, unlike wrapping the puck entirely. Regarding the wide flat chisel, unfortunately we don't sell them individually only in the dab tool kit so I will see if Roger can get just the tools that can be purchased seperately.

I was looking around on dhgate and found several stainless tools that had a wide chisel but the other end was either the handle or had a different tool. I'll keep my eyes out on alternatives in the meantime.

@felvapes I have a similar method, I also use the small dabber actually and I'll collect some then start making a pile if I have to, I find the spear shaped tips are easier to get the oil off and if there's a lil left over I'll dab it and then that's my new dabber :smile:

That wide chisel scraper is really efficient though!

@LesPlenty I had a similar experience when I tried that method. It definitely takes some practice and a bit of luck, unlike wrapping the puck entirely. Regarding the wide flat chisel, unfortunately we don't sell them individually only in the dab tool kit so I will see if Roger can get just the tools that can be purchased seperately.

I was looking around on dhgate and found several stainless tools that had a wide chisel but the other end was either the handle or had a different tool. I'll keep my eyes out on alternatives in the meantime.

@felvapes I have a similar method, I also use the small dabber actually and I'll collect some then start making a pile if I have to, I find the spear shaped tips are easier to get the oil off and if there's a lil left over I'll dab it and then that's my new dabber :smile:

That wide chisel scraper is really efficient though!
Yes this is how I do it
Always an after collection dab to clean the tool :)
I might have a squiz at the gate too, good idea

Last edited:
I use a variety of tools I bought in a wax carving tool set off Amazon. And a small somewhat dull knife.

The texture of rosin varies a lot, so some rosin collects easy, and some takes forever.

Some butters (budder) some doesn't.

The oily ones are the worst. For them I don't scrape right away. Sometimes I freeze and wait a few days untill I collect.

And I found some of herbs that provide oily rosin, will do better with lower plate temps.

I use a variety of tools I bought in a wax carving tool set off Amazon. And a small somewhat dull knife.

The texture of rosin varies a lot, so some rosin collects easy, and some takes forever.

Some butters (budder) some doesn't.

The oily ones are the worst. For them I don't scrape right away. Sometimes I freeze and wait a few days untill I collect.

And I found some of herbs that provide oily rosin, will do better with lower plate temps.
When using the slug, to collect I would have to stand with the freezer door open
The slug produced a much oilier product

Using the same bud in the dabpress I get a less oily product
I think I get less impurities using the dabpress, less waxes or chlorophyll etc
I don't have to use the freezer anymore at all

When using the slug, to collect I would have to stand with the freezer door open
The slug produced a much oilier product

Using the same bud in the dabpress I get a less oily product
I think I get less impurities using the dabpress, less waxes or chlorophyll etc
I don't have to use the freezer anymore at all

If you press gorilla glue or cherry pie you may change your mind, lol. Both can be an oily, sappy mess to collect.

It's just the oil glands are of that type. It's not impurities that cause it, rather the oil itself.

If you run into such a variety. It helps to lower plate temps and to press older more mature buds.

Cherry pie is so bad I just don't press it anymore. A shame because it's really nice gear.

If you press gorilla glue or cherry pie you may change your mind, lol. Both can be an oily, sappy mess to collect.

It's just the oil glands are of that type. It's not impurities that cause it, rather the oil itself.

If you run into such a variety. It helps to lower plate temps and to press older more mature buds.

Cherry pie is so bad I just don't press it anymore. A shame because it's really nice gear.
I wasn't saying you were wrong

I was just sharing what happened to me with the same bud in both devices
Can't change my mind as it wasn't my mind but my results

I have read your posts in the past about oily rosin and I know you use a press not a slug

I guess all I could say is if you squished the buds you say are oily in a press in a slug it would maybe be super runny....

Some bud in the slug would be runnier than others, and some was quite buddery, but it all was freezer collect to make it more manageable

With the dabpress so far I have had shatter and also manageable or sticky goo without using the freezer at all for collection

I think the slug uses more heat in the small area and less pressure where the dabpress gives more pressure and a more stable lower heat across the bud

This is why I think I get more waxes/chlorophyll in the slug rosin as I think it has more heat and melts more out
Also you tend to get more plant matter

I know when doing a second press in the slug I had to heat it more and that definately gave more impurities
You could see the green from the chlorophyll and the taste difference plus clean up on the halo
Waxy stain was more

Dabpress rosin is honey/see through and tastes clean and cleans off nail with less or no stain

Last edited:
The ol slug any good as a pre-press for the 30mm pucks @felvapes?

The ol slug any good as a pre-press for the 30mm pucks @felvapes?
I thought about using it for a prepress but it is only made to take 2.2 g anyway
When I pressed 2g in the dabpress I just put the bud straight in the paper
It would work in a way but you would need to pre press a few times to get enough for a bag

The fatmac slug took 3.5 g I wish I had bought that instead for the time I used it
You could do two 3.5 g pucks with that one and prob fit it in the smaller bags that way

I'm not sure of the diameter of the fatmac
But the deuce I have is half inch across

I wasn't saying you were wrong

I was just sharing what happened to me with the same bud in both devices
Can't change my mind as it wasn't my mind but my results

I have read your posts in the past about oily rosin and I know you use a press not a slug

I guess all I could say is if you squished the buds you say are oily in a press in a slug it would maybe be super runny....

Some bud in the slug would be runnier than others, and some was quite buddery, but it all was freezer collect to make it more manageable

With the dabpress so far I have had shatter and also manageable or sticky goo without using the freezer at all for collection

I think the slug uses more heat in the small area and less pressure where the dabpress gives more pressure and a more stable lower heat across the bud

This is why I think I get more waxes/chlorophyll in the slug rosin as I think it has more heat and melts more out
Also you tend to get more plant matter

I know when doing a second press in the slug I had to heat it more and that definately gave more impurities
You could see the green from the chlorophyll and the taste difference plus clean up on the halo
Waxy stain was more

Dabpress rosin is honey/see through and tastes clean and cleans off nail with less or no stain

Sorry man, idk what the hell I was responding to. I do think thc was involved though, lol.

I was just looking at my blown out puck glistening in the light and thought I may as well rebag it and press again.
So I cut the blown puck into approx 20mm sized pieces and pressed it again, 2250psi on gauge for 2 mins at 100c (212f) then up to 3000psi for another 30 seconds, no drip teck this time;
IMG_20190802_133343.jpg

I believe the high pressure extracted the green tinge.
Psychoanalyst picture;
IMG_20190802_133324.jpg

All up an extra 0.68g of rosin from my blowout for a total of 1.65g so 16.5% return.
2 day-old v new;
IMG_20190802_133301.jpg

Top stuff has buttered up...I think!

The darker stuff is a bit chirpier, I can ake a fairly good-sized dab of the peanut butter without coughing, followed it with a smaller dark dab and I was close to coughing (around 500f on the SiC Halo), still not as nice as the lower temp/pressure squished peanut butter.
One thing is for certain, I cannot keep hitting the rosin like I can the herb all day, not couch lock, more like brain lock.
I know I am saving even more bud by turning it into rosin than just vaping it as bud (I can and do consume over a gram of bud every night in my Plenty, until I started dabbing rosin. Only a few nights but that is over 3 grams there.
Not a great very accurate way to tell but I am sure using a Dabpress is saving me herb.

Thanks for the tips on using the spear type tool and squeezing it off in the corner of the puck, did not lose any scraping into the puck this time.
I have to be quick taking the psychoanalysis parchment pic as the goo started to shatter again as I was getting toward the last few bits, did not have to reheat to get it to settle.
It does not look as dark on my Happy Daddy;
IMG_20190802_195825.jpg

The darker stuff is a bit chirpier, I can ake a fairly good-sized dab of the peanut butter without coughing, followed it with a smaller dark dab and I was close to coughing (around 500f on the SiC Halo), still not as nice as the lower temp/pressure squished peanut butter.
One thing is for certain, I cannot keep hitting the rosin like I can the herb all day, not couch lock, more like brain lock.
I know I am saving even more bud by turning it into rosin than just vaping it as bud (I can and do consume over a gram of bud every night in my Plenty, until I started dabbing rosin. Only a few nights but that is over 3 grams there.
Not a great very accurate way to tell but I am sure using a Dabpress is saving me herb.

Thanks for the tips on using the spear type tool and squeezing it off in the corner of the puck, did not lose any scraping into the puck this time.
I have to be quick taking the psychoanalysis parchment pic as the goo started to shatter again as I was getting toward the last few bits, did not have to reheat to get it to settle.
It does not look as dark on my Happy Daddy;
View attachment 11614
Second squishes always seem to be darker/greener
I don't think it is the extra pressure as I am going to about 3000 on a first squish and it is honey/peanut colour
But a second squish will give me greener
I think we have already squished and disturbed the waxes and chlorophyll in the first squish and it just mixes and melts through on a second press
Same results pretty much with slug and DP

The taste/cough/extra roughness is the wax/chlorophyll I assume
Still good rosin, just not the top quality of a first squish - extra virgin rosin is better like olive oil...lol

Glad the "spear" tool worked out for you mate

I also believe I am using less weed overall due to dabbing, I don't have proper science behind this either but I do feel I'm going through it slower

I did another 10g squish today
Loving the quality and ease of process using the dabpress

I got 15% return today, much better results

105°C (221°f) 3mins
2-2500 for first 2-2.5 mins then the last 30sec - 1 min at 2750-3000

Nice honey/peanut butter colour
Great taste
Some buddered up straight away some didn't
Satisfying yield

Pics below of process and cut bags/puck/paper in press etc
The plastic cards make life easy getting the puck in bag

I got a few drip shots but kept missing the big long drips with the camera

Rosin riding :)

20190802_221018.jpg
20190802_221018.jpg
20190802_215046.jpg
20190802_215051.jpg
20190802_214814.jpg
20190802_214810.jpg
20190802_214744.jpg
20190802_214559.jpg
20190802_214505.jpg
20190802_213743.jpg
20190802_213505.jpg
20190802_213407.jpg
20190802_213044.jpg
20190802_212933.jpg
20190802_212848.jpg

I find Gorilla Glue to be an oily, sappy mess to collect as well. Of course, I'm just using a hair iron, so that doesn't help. Still, it's much worse than Chem Dawg, Cookie Dough, and whatever else I press. Curing and aging hasn't helped, me or the GG.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back