Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

Man this thread is similar to the nugshots thread in that you guys all seem to have wonderful medicine these days. It is great to see all of you guys getting better and better qualities of extract as time goes on :biggrin:

Here's another 25-120u 6 star full melt bubble hash, gently and barely hand pressed, dried with my new technique @ 300x:

pEDB1Kv.jpg

Guess they must be learning from the best :wink:

Guess they must be learning from the best :wink:
You are too kind, my friend. Either way I am very happy to see such fine meds in you guys' bowls :weed:

I remember back when I processed with solvents and plenty of what I saw in the dab picture thread used to be tane soup looking stuff. I never see anything that looks like that now! May it forever stay that way! High quality dabs for everybody! :science:

Here's a pic I thought I'd share to show what 6 star full melt should look like when it bubbles/melts. For the photo, I simply took a dab, put it on the end of my HE flat dabber tool and held it over a hot nail, carefully manipulating the dabber so the full melt didn't drip off.

What we are looking for traditionally to distinguish 6 star full melt from 5 star is big clear domes of bubbles forming during the melt, like this :biggrin::

RjDu4eG.jpg

Yes, this is the dab equivalent of playing with your food :dog:

Here's a 120u 6 star full melt :D

FJtdY3I.jpg

The tastiest full melt that I ever made - this is a 120u 6 star bubble hash, from a very high quality narrow leaf dominant hybrid cultivar which was fortunately allowed to flower very late for full resin production. The flowers were dried and then cured for 6 months before the nugs were broken down for processing, with all stems and sugarleaves removed. This is true 'nug run' bubble hash. This was part of the collection from the first 15 second agitation. Being 120u and from the most resinous proximal calyxes of the flower available, the entire collection can be expected to be capitate stalked trichomes.

These capitate stalked trichomes are the ones with the highest resin:non-resin ratio and the greatest terp/cannabinoid content on a given plant. For an example comparison, the sessile trichomes found more commonly on the distal leaf material can be expected to contain only 1/8 of the resin by volume (but very high CBC content has been reported in the literature from these glands - IME these collections are not nearly as tasty, but are certainly medically beneficial).

It is very rare to be able to get meaningful yields of 6 star 120u hash from most of the varieties that I've seen. IME the plants must have been allowed much longer in flower than most growers are willing to give, otherwise the only 6 star yields to be found will be in the bags with smaller pore sizes on the screens (90u/73u/45u bags usually) - because the resin has not been allowed enough time to develop to maximum yield. Obviously these considerations are all before we consider how difficult bubble hash can be to begin with.

When resin gets this mature and you isolate it, the flavors and effects are sublime. The psychadelic effects are incomparable to any other cannabis extract IME (I am not talking about terp isolates here of course, just primary extractions without further refinement).

I hope that all of you one day get to dab on headstash like this :leaf::peace:

(I sure know I could never afford it if I didn't make it myself and had to pay for it :lol: :2c:)

Last edited:
@momofthegoons - ok, Mom...this is just for you after torturing me for months with those great concentrate shots (of course you know that I like being tortured so there is that! LOL)

Strawberry Banana
Stawberry Banana.jpeg

GSC
GSC.jpeg

Whoa this thread has gone quiet! We can't have that!

Here's a pink solventless creation of mine at 300x zoom (this is a result of my own extraction method, these are not your average solventless dabs!). Sadly, I accidentally took this shot in low resolution. I do apologise for the poor image quality.

7nGjPvl.jpg

Haven't made it to a dispensary yet, but I found this little beauty hiding in my fridge. :aaaaa: Purple Breath.

DSBcbVh.jpg
So, was it like just hanging out in the fridge under the cream cheese container or what?! hehehehe :naughty2::wink::wink::lmao:

Being able to just go out and buy it has spoiled you people! LOL

I'm back in the saddle again!! :buzz: Hit up a new dispensary today for some serious goodies. This place gets voted #1 often so I was anxious to check them out. Any of you in the Detroit area probably know it; The Jazz Club.

Got a little of this and that I'll show in the next few. Didn't want to overbuy since 4/20 is next week and they might run some specials. Today I opened up some of their house shatter; Blueberry Jack.

3MiES0i.jpg

I'm back in the saddle again!! :buzz: Hit up a new dispensary today for some serious goodies. This place gets voted #1 often so I was anxious to check them out. Any of you in the Detroit area probably know it; The Jazz Club.

Got a little of this and that I'll show in the next few. Didn't want to overbuy since 4/20 is next week and they might run some specials. Today I opened up some of their house shatter; Blueberry Jack.

3MiES0i.jpg
Oh man I am getting shatter nostalgia looking at this pic Mom. One of these days I'll make an absolute again! It has been a long time!

3MiES0i.jpg

Anyone else seeing Stewie from 'Family Guy' in that shatter?

pKNi67W.jpg

Here's a dab of my latest solventless creation. Captures an incredibly full spectrum of flavor (a broader representation of the original flower's taste than rosin or even full melt). This is an incredibly loud smelling extract! Note the clear almost white edges of this material :science:

Well.... you all getting your 420 on? :cool: I'm just getting started....

Some lovely OG Kush rosin. :biggrin:

wGtTxZE.jpg
And a very happy 4/20 to you, Mom! :biggrin::weed:

I'll be back to edit with a snap of my 4/20 goodies!

7CleddY.jpg

...blue dream shatter...finishing up tonite.

As promised, I whipped up one of my own solventless creations for the occasion. If I were to be one of those guys who decides to coin yet another confusing concentrate name referring to consistency, I'd call this 'solventless strawberry jelly', although it tastes like a lot more than strawberries! This is 300x and as the language above suggests, is made without any solvents at all.

FgEoIWD.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back