Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

As promised, I whipped up one of my own solventless creations for the occasion. If I were to be one of those guys who decides to coin yet another confusing concentrate name referring to consistency, I'd call this 'solventless strawberry jelly', although it tastes like a lot more than strawberries! This is 300x and as the language above suggests, is made without any solvents at all.

FgEoIWD.jpg
In a word....beautiful

As promised, I whipped up one of my own solventless creations for the occasion. If I were to be one of those guys who decides to coin yet another confusing concentrate name referring to consistency, I'd call this 'solventless strawberry jelly', although it tastes like a lot more than strawberries! This is 300x and as the language above suggests, is made without any solvents at all.

FgEoIWD.jpg
If its not too inappropriate to ask, how much labor goes into your product? I mean how much time do you spend per day/week to make such exquisite solventless concentrate creations? It looks absolutely amazing!

If its not too inappropriate to ask, how much labor goes into your product? I mean how much time do you spend per day/week to make such exquisite solventless concentrate creations? It looks absolutely amazing!
There are several distinct stages of processing involved in making that most recent creation. It is good that you asked about time and labor separately, because whilst there is time required for processing, the processing is in some parts labor intensive, but in others, negligibly easy. I have nearly automated one stage of the processing involved.

I'd say that this stuff is similarly labor intensive to making full melt bubble (give or take), but higher yielding and definitely much less time/effort is involved than for full melt dry sifting :biggrin:

There are several distinct stages of processing involved in making that most recent creation. It is good that you asked about time and labor separately, because whilst there is time required for processing, the processing is in some parts labor intensive, but in others, negligibly easy. I have nearly automated one stage of the processing involved.

I'd say that this stuff is similarly labor intensive to making full melt bubble (give or take), but higher yielding and definitely much less time/effort is involved than for full melt dry sifting :biggrin:

lolz-ya big fucking weed nerd!

Sooo? you going to answer the dudes question or you just going to assume he knows how much labor is in producing full melt bubble?

Some of us are barely literate, let alone have any clue as to how much effort is required to make dry sift or bubble.:myday:

Can ya pls dumb it down a bit for us heathens?

Or lemme guess? that is the dumbed down version?:lol:

So its a higher yielding technique you say?

I always found the quality of 27 star full melt bubble to be amazing, but the yields are an issue cause im a guts & it doesnt last. Sure ima baked of my ass and the flavours are totes amazeballs, but Id be going thru the equivalent of an oz every 2-3 days. that shit adds up quick.
However the prospect of better yields has piqued my interest.

Spill girlfriend........

Last edited:
lolz-ya big fucking weed nerd!

Sooo? you going to answer the dudes question or you just going to assume he knows how much labor is in producing full melt bubble?

Some of us are barely literate, let alone have any clue as to how much effort is required to make dry sift or bubble.:myday:

Can ya pls dumb it down a bit for us heathens?

Or lemme guess? that is the dumbed down version?:lol:

So its a higher yielding technique you say?
Spill girlfriend........

I always found the quality of 27 star full melt bubble to be amazing, but the yields are an issue cause im a guts & it doesnt last. Sure ima baked of my ass and the flavours are totes amazeballs, but Id be going thru the equivalent of an oz every 2-3 days. that shit adds up quick.
However the prospect of better yields has piqued my interest.
lol this is a good question man! While I have discussed this stuff at another certain place on the internet, we haven't really covered the time/labor involved with bubble runs and dry sifting in the Asylum.

Bubble Hash Labor

Full melt bubble runs for me take roughly 8-12 hours of labor for the extraction and cleanup of equipment. Subsequent drying time of the bubble hash can vary widely, from hours (when freeze drying and other more 'assisted' drying methods) to days or longer (with traditional methods). Obviously, traditional drying methods are very hands-off while you simply wait for the material to sit and dry, and so this is more a time cost than labor.

For argument's sake, we might add 1-2 hours of hands on work for traditional drying (most of us don't have the money for a freeze dryer!) and then a few days to a few weeks of time involved waiting for the material to dry depending on a lot of factors.

Labor for my own method

By comparison, the above pictured material that I made definitely requires a very similar amount of hands-on labor to full melt bubble above (approx 8-14 hours of hands-on work). None of the drying time though. It requires some equipment for processing that is not affordable or necessarily practical for most people's home use atm, however I have got some good ideas of how something more suitable and affordable for home users can be made in the future.

ADd0UHE.jpg

Full melt dry sift labor

Finally, making full melt dry sift is even longer and more hands-on work than bubble. It can take several entire waking days or more of labor to fully manually sift and clean up your product to full melt - it is a labor of love and honestly, I don't even have time to dedicate to this approach all the time. Full melt dry sift yields using traditional carding/static/screening methods are very low, similar to or less than full melt bubble runs (1-10% yields from flower depending on resin quantity in the flower).

Sometimes, a full melt dry sift gives a better representation of the original bud in the full melt that is made. Sometimes full melt bubble is better. This varies depending on the starting material, some chemical profiles lend themselves to one more than the other.

The processing method I am using gives returns more like rosin (15-30% yields depending again on the amount of resin).

For those like yourself who find they'll go through full melt etc too quickly to justify the cost and time, my abovementioned method and another one or two that I've been honing in recent times are likely to be more useful! Of course, there's more time at the drawing board required on my part before this will be something that others will be able to do themselves :science:

I'd recommend folks who want to use tasty solventless concentrates rather than vaping flower in the meantime to use low temp flower rosin (190-200f @ 1000-2000 psi for flower) and grind/vape the rosin chips after in this scenario for now :twocents:

Last edited:
Here's some more wet sugar, no solvents used and no filters @ 300x

Cay7dSR.jpg
So, you just going to keep us in suspense or are you going to share at least a teaser about the new tech you are using? :lol::hungry::torching:LOL

Last edited:
Ok, a little concentrate Barbie picture posting. This Cookie Fuel is very wonderful. Moist, smells great, hits like a Louisville Slugger

Cookie Fuel.jpg

P.S. Mom - board acted kind of weird when I tried to embed a photo into the editing window of my last post above. It just didn't show up as thumb nail or full size...just a file name. Works fine in this new post. Operator error, perhaps?

So, you just going to keep us in suspense or are you going to share at least a teaser about the new tech you are using? :lol::hungry::torching:LOL
I actually did give quite a teaser broaching this method a little while ago, IIRC in this thread! However, this is not a method that people will be doing at home until I can develop a certain piece of accompanying hardware (which I am sure will come, it is nothing insurmountable from an engineering perspective).

Man that flamethrower icon is mesmerizing :rofl:

Every time I come on this thread and see some of @herbivore21 's 'sugar' I not only need a drool cup, but feel the urge to run to my dispensary. :lol:
I need to open a dispensary in Mom's neck of the woods it seems, as my salary may be predicted by the number of images that I have to post. That is a good salary :dog:

Star Killer. Really good for pain. I save this one for later afternoon or evening.

GQuom0D.jpg

Lemon Larry fresh resin. Since it's PHO it's super terpy but in a good way; not an overpowering pine flavor. Made by one of my favorite extraction houses Nectar Collectors. Great for daytime since it helps the pain without the fog.

XbTDLmW.jpg

Star Killer. Really good for pain. I save this one for later afternoon or evening.

GQuom0D.jpg

Lemon Larry fresh resin. Since it's PHO it's super terpy but in a good way; not an overpowering pine flavor. Made by one of my favorite extraction houses Nectar Collectors. Great for daytime since it helps the pain without the fog.

XbTDLmW.jpg
Lemon Larry looks very LOUD! :biggrin:

I'll join in and share this 250x snap of a year old 6 star full melt bubble hash here. This one has been stored in sub-zero conditions with ultra-low humidity since it was made long ago. The material is actually in the exact same form as it was collected from the bubble bags. No additional sieving or microplaning to dry, These are whole, unmolested resin glands.

Az434ma.jpg

This was actually a mixed 73-120u collection from my final 5 washes of some especially fire nugs. This is not the 'low hanging' full melt.

I do believe I would personally like to molest those resin glands..... :torching:
When I was about to take a dab from that slab I just knew it was too photogenic not to share with you guys. I could spend my entire life just looking at full melt, let alone dabbing on it :dog:

Alright, it's time that I shared something that anybody can make at home.

These are some 300x shots of some particularly beautiful rosin that I squished recently.

Regarding the consistency, I've been learning a lot about crystallization of cannabinoids and have applied some post-processing to this rosin that caused it to form the polycrystalline sugar structure that you see. Watch the rosin thread in the extraction labs section over the not too distant future to learn how to make sure that your rosin sugars up like this. This stuff is almost white to the naked eye for reference.

o3eNpYN.jpg

yw3q8mr.jpg

Alright, it's time that I shared something that anybody can make at home.

These are some 300x shots of some particularly beautiful rosin that I squished recently.

Regarding the consistency, I've been learning a lot about crystallization of cannabinoids and have applied some post-processing to this rosin that caused it to form the polycrystalline sugar structure that you see. Watch the rosin thread in the extraction labs section over the not too distant future to learn how to make sure that your rosin sugars up like this. This stuff is almost white to the naked eye for reference.

o3eNpYN.jpg

yw3q8mr.jpg
Yeah, you better share how you did that, boy! Hear me! LOL:whipit: :rofl::razz::smoke::clap:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back