Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Dynavap And Other Induction Heaters

You will need at least a 5amp power supply if you want to run it from AC(house power) I recommend running these cheapo units from a battery source for much fewer problems...but it should work with a big enough wall wart. Just check the 12v wall wart with a multimeter first as some I have checked can be as high as 18v and the unit shown has a max rating of 12v (even a car battery can be 13v when not being charged and up to 14.4v if the engine is running!)
View attachment 22114
View attachment 22116
Post#26 on,
Oh yea I agree
Battery powered not wall

And yea a charged car battery is 12.6-13.2 ish

An accessory battery like an AGM is 12.8-13.8 charged

With the alternator charging they are all usually 14.4 v unless a smart alternator is installed which is variable

Anyway
I concur that using two -three 18650 batteries is the better option for the home made IH
I've never had any overheating or melting using this setup

So, instead of simple on/off switch, I use a momentary button
Either will work, I have the simple on\off switch just remember to turn it off when you are finished for safetys sake (the IH will only draw power once a metal object is placed in the field of the coil...that is how it is MEANT to work but like @Stevenski do not trust it)

Either will work, I have the simple on\off switch just remember to turn it off when you are finished for safetys sake (the IH will only draw power once a metal object is placed in the field of the coil...that is how it is MEANT to work but like @Stevenski do not trust it)
Thank you. Just out of curiosity, Is that a Tasmanian Devil in the photograph?

Love this ih

Happy bday @Madri-Guy

It will work fine but as stated above if you don't have a pressure switch or the likes you have to remember to turn it off between clicks ideally

Get a switch if possible
MOSFET not necessary

*Sorry for back to backs @momofthegoons

Mom note: posts merged :smile:
What is a pressure switch? And if it is a momentary switch, why a plethora of terms for the same thing?:idon'tknow:

Last edited by a moderator:
A baby one at that, I think
Yep, a fairly young one...you can tell by the lack of battle scars and the ears...not half chewed off from fighting each other over food.
1604974490219.png

Back on topic, I wouls also ass a mini led volt gaufe to jelp remind you the power is on if you don't use a momentary switch, I like these becaise they are small, cheap and do not fraw much power,
1604974878902.png

Thank you everyone for your patience, support and time, I have decided to add a mosfet and a momentary switch. I know it's not a bomb but better safe than sorry.

Yep, a fairly young one...you can tell by the lack of battle scars and the ears...not half chewed off from fighting each other over food.
View attachment 22147

Back on topic, I wouls also ass a mini led volt gaufe to jelp remind you the power is on if you don't use a momentary switch, I like these becaise they are small, cheap and do not fraw much power,
View attachment 22148
I hope he/she has a fairly comfy life, but being a bit adventurous I doubt it, but good luck to the little one :nut:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, it is mains powered batteries are too complicated for me, seeing I'm a complete novice. And batteries are a bit expensive. :idon'tknow: Maybe the next one :smug:

We are here but to serve. :rofl:

Mod note: posts merged
m
Had DUCK & PARIS DESSERT (wine was from 4 hour’s north of where I live, however not bad at all?
My kid’s = 23, 37 & 40 told me CANNABIS is no big thing?
With HELICOPTER’S checking 4 CANNABIS crop’s in the SOUTHERN OCEAN near coral reef’s with transparent water & SWELL’S 2 provide wave’s 2 ride while nature tended the farm of CANNABIS.
DAZED & CONFUSED perhap’s!
No conventional work however CIVILIZATION this way is not 4 everyone ?
The climate is miraculous warm this time year without rain only sunshine?
RAIN would be welcomed on the Pale Blue Dot some inhabit.

2-daze is a celebration of CANNABIS CIVILIZATION after a warm cup of Java!

So, thanks to the Halloween giveaway, I was able to try out the Orion induction heater (thanks again @momofthegoons). Due to the recall, I choose to return it. It did appear that the unit did indeed have a battery problem. It hits everything in it's path! Kidding. When it arrived, it appears it was fully or at least mostly charged, so I used it until it turned blue, which indicates 30% battery left. The first charge lasted six days of regular use. When it turned blue, I charged it till it indicated the battery was fully charged and vaping even less in the following few days, the indicator turned blue after just three days.

I have not used an induction heater before and this was very easy to use and was quite compact in comparison to other heaters I have seen. It is too bad it has had this issue and I did see a video someone posted with a unit which developed a crack in the side of it (perhaps from the heat?). If the battery wasn't a dud and the construction was more solid, I think it would be an excellent heater.

Just wanted to share my experience here in case it is helpful to anyone.

Last edited:
So, thanks to the Halloween giveaway, I was able to try out the Orion induction heater (thanks again @momofthegoons). Due to the recall, I choose to return it. It did appear that the unit did indeed have a battery problem. It hits everything in it's path! Kidding. When it arrived, it appears it was fully or at least mostly charged, so I used it until it turned blue, which indicates 30% battery left. The first charge lasted six days of regular use. When it turned blue, I charged it till it indicated the battery was fully charged and vaping even less in the following few days, the indicator turned blue after just three days.

I have not used an induction heater before and this was very easy to use and was quite compact in comparison to other heaters I have seen. It is too bad it has had this issue and I did see a video someone posted with a unit which developed a crack in the side of it (perhaps from the heat?). If the battery wasn't a dud and the construction was more solid, I think it would be an excellent heater.

Just wanted to share my experience here in case it is helpful to anyone.
About 3 decade’s ago on a piece of land or top of a volcano?
Native tribe’s human’s hugged tree’s to feel there vibrating flow of something called photosynthesis.
You can enjoy CANNABIS if you want 2-B CIVILIZED?

About 3 decade’s ago on a piece of land or top of a volcano?
Native tribe’s human’s hugged tree’s to feel there vibrating flow of something called photosynthesis.
You can enjoy CANNABIS if you want 2-B CIVILIZED?
To Trumpian. To many apostrophes, spelling mistakes and pseudo flourishes, detracts from the message. Maybe you are stoned

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back