Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Dynavap And Other Induction Heaters

My understanding, from the rumors swirling around, is that the heating method will be different with the Dynavap IH. I could be wayyyy off base with this.... and hopefull more information will start coming out on it.

I missed the Dynavap Live vid last night on 'heating tips.' I was hoping they might give out a bit of info on the IH there... did anyone catch it?

All this said, I love my Skeletor from @Pipes so I think getting a Mini from him would be a great idea. :thumbsup:

And welcome to the forum @felvapes ....:biggrin:
Cheers @momofthegoons
Happy to be here
I think the mini looks good
I have an SJK chinese IH that worked great until the relays went
Waiting on replacements to fix

I was hoping they might give out a bit of info on the IH there
I did not see it but someone else said they were disappointed nothing was said about the IH.

A private party has introduced his version ( untested, AFAIK ) for $175, without batteries/charger, so probably $200+.

Can’t vouch for it, one way or the other.

28ltl51.jpg

@Pipes mPS is a solid ( proven ) workhorse, with a price point for the happy VC owner. :treadmill:

Last edited:
A private party has introduced his version ( untested, AFAIK ) for $175, without batteries/charger, so probably $200+.

28ltl51.jpg

@Pipes mPS is a solid ( proven ) workhorse, with a price point for the happy VC owner. :treadmill:

This same seller currenty has a nice pocket size portable IH unit they have made and are working on to produce and sell

Looks promising though and great for out and about

I have a PSM on the way but it is still a bit big to be truly portable.....

I just received a couple of items in the mail to have a go at making my own IH;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5V-12V-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

and;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Power-b...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

I had a couple of 18650 batteries not getting used much(Arizer Air), tested them out like so;
IMG_20180928_151322.jpg

Took 18 seconds from 15 degrees C to get to the second click, second heat cycle 15, 8-10 after that
Found a Narva connecters plastic box that it fit in quite well and as the circuit board has a blue LED that lights up when powered, I have a visual reference too see if it is on, looking to make it smaller eventually.
So far;
IMG_20180928_153531.jpg

Not bad for under AU$9 if you supply your own battery, switch and case to put it all in.:smoke:
I do like to tinker, almost pocket sized.:thumbsup:

I just received a couple of items in the mail to have a go at making my own IH;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5V-12V-Low-Voltage-ZVS-Induction-Heating-Power-Supply-Module-Heater-Coil-GA/132669663290?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

and;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Power-bank-2-18650-Battery-Holder-Plastic-Battery-Holder-Storage-Black-Box-Case/112342451549?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

I had a couple of 18650 batteries not getting used much(Arizer Air), tested them out like so;
View attachment 5045
Took 18 seconds from 15 degrees C to get to the second click, second heat cycle 15, 8-10 after that
Found a Narva connecters plastic box that it fit in quite well and as the circuit board has a blue LED that lights up when powered, I have a visual reference too see if it is on, looking to make it smaller eventually.
So far;
View attachment 5046
Not bad for under AU$9 if you supply your own battery, switch and case to put it all in.:smoke:
I do like to tinker, almost pocket sized.:thumbsup:
Nice

I may look at this...

As you say - for under $10 even if it doesn't last it is worth it

My PSM is on the way in the post as we speak :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My little DIY IH lasted for 7 hours of near constant use (I need a click counter) and a 2-foot drop onto a mat on my concrete floor.:biggrin: I will give it another workout tomorrow and try to count the heat cycles per charge:thumbsup:

My little DIY IH lasted for 7 hours of near constant use (I need a click counter) and a 2-foot drop onto a mat on my concrete floor.:biggrin: I will give it another workout tomorrow and try to count the heat cycles per charge:thumbsup:
I ordered the parts

$9, I can have a tinker as you say and have fun till I manage to burn it out....
See how I go when it all gets here
Hopefully yours is still running at that stage :)

I went to heat a tip that had stuck on Vapcap today in my Chinese IH and....nothing. On closer inspection, it looks as if it has turned itself on and melted itself.:rip:
IMG_20180930_132327.jpg

You can just see my cork stopper that has sunk into the plastic, sent the seller a message and pic, we will see what happens.:thumbsup:

Seller got back to me already, apparently, they have had a bad batch of relays installed on some units. Good news is they are sending me a new unit and were sorry for any inconvenience, I should get it in a month or so.:thumbsup:
When/if my replacement arrives I will put up a link to the seller because that is pretty good service.

Seller got back to me already, apparently, they have had a bad batch of relays installed on some units. Good news is they are sending me a new unit and were sorry for any inconvenience, I should get it in a month or so.:thumbsup:
When/if my replacement arrives I will put up a link to the seller because that is pretty good service.
I wish they had sent me a new one...lol

I did get a refund though so all good....Hoping my PSM will be here this week :)

28ltl51.jpg

Hi all,

I'm the maker of the above IH. I run a side-business called Fluxer Heaters (www.fluxerheaters.com), in which I make induction heaters for Dynavap® vaporizers.

A friend pointed me to this thread, so I thought I'd come by and say hi. I mostly hang out over on FC as mr_cfromcali, (where I have a Fluxer Heaters thread), which is also the name I use on r/vaporents and r/dynavap; I'm fluxerheaters here, and will add vaporasylum to the rotation of sites I visit.

A few words about my heaters... Unlike the other IHs being sold to DV owners, my heaters have a few unique properties:
  • I use custom circuit boards that I designed - these are my own boards, based on my own schematics. I can alter these boards however I want.
  • I wire my heaters by hand(!)
  • I use through-hole components, which have better heat rejection properties than the SMD components used in Banggood heaters due to their larger size.
  • In addition to being larger, I also use better quality components than the cheap IHs that everyone else is using.
  • I use better transistors ( LR7843 or NVD5890NL chips instead of the 30N06 used in the Banggood heaters). These are more efficient and have better recovery characteristics.
  • My heaters use a push-tip-to-activate switch with an extremely light 200 gram force trigger. Furthermore, I use a high quality, high temperature compatible, MEC-brand tactile switch, not the cheap Arduino tactile switches favored by other IH builders. (The Arduino switches cost $0.10 each, whereas the switches I use cost about $3.25 each.)
  • My heaters will be as powerful and compact as safety and the circuitry will allow
I have two portable induction heaters that I've been working on, and they're very close to being ready for sale.

The first is a 3x 26650 portable IH in a Hammond 1590BBS enclosure - the Mother Fluxer™ (prototype shown, final version will have a solid cover; I am waiting on a new circuit board and will build a new prototype once it arrives). More details here:

Mother Fluxer, 3x 26650 induction heater for Dynavap:

cr=w:1600,h:1000,a:cc

The other portable I'm working on is the Deluxe, a 3x 18650 IH in a CNC'd Hammond 1590B enclosure.

The Flux Deluxe, 3x 18650 induction heater for Dynavap:

cr=w:1600,h:1000,a:cc

There are video clips of both prototypes in action in the FC thread (Mother Fluxer ; Deluxe ), though the final design of the Deluxe uses a flat heater layout instead of the vertical one pictured above. Also, the Deluxe as pictured above is just the prototype and does not have the charge port or switch, etc.

Both of these portable IHs will have base prices in the $125-$150 price range (there may be a few options as well). I'll announce prices and ordering information in a few more weeks. I would like to have at least one of these models available to order by the end of October, and if testing goes well I may have both ready by then.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and feel free to drop by my FC thread if you are in that neighborhood. I'm also happy to answer questions here if anyone has any.

The Flux Deluxe looks great, I am currently playing with an 8.4v 2x18650 IH made from China bits and a 240v SJK IH(melted itself, being replaced by the seller) and I have to say the slower low voltage unit has better flavor. The SJK IH took under 10 seconds to heat when warm compared to the 15 seconds of the 18650 job. So your 12v Deluxe looks like it will fit in well with my collection. Having PayPal as a payment option is also great news.
I look forward to getting one and giving it a good workout, once you have them ready for production, that is.
Oh, and Welcome to the Forum

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back