Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Dynavap And Other Induction Heaters

The Flux Deluxe looks great, I am currently playing with an 8.4v 2x18650 IH made from China bits and a 240v SJK IH(melted itself, being replaced by the seller) and I have to say the slower low voltage unit has better flavor. The SJK IH took under 10 seconds to heat when warm compared to the 15 seconds of the 18650 job. So your 12v Deluxe looks like it will fit in well with my collection. Having PayPal as a payment option is also great news.
I look forward to getting one and giving it a good workout, once you have them ready for production, that is.
Oh, and Welcome to the Forum

Thanks for the kind words. And I also agree with you about a longer, slower heat-up time improving flavor - that's why I developed my PWM-controlled desktop heaters, so I could slow down the heating time and improve the flavor. The longer heating times are hard on batteries, which is why I'm not in a hurry to bring the technique to my portables.

The Deluxe should be ready in a few more weeks, and I'm working hard to make that happen. However, if you ever decide you want an 8.4V portable in the same size case, let me know - I have an 8.4V model that was just about ready to go, but I had to pull it as interest shifted to the Deluxe as soon as I announced it; it works fine but got completely overshadowed by its fraternal twin. :wink:

Thanks again for your interest. I'll start my own thread here soon so I can talk a bit more about my heaters without clogging up the general thread.

Last edited:
I just finished another charge worth of VapCaps with my homemade IH. I used them as a carb cap to my W/S, just on 9 hours of pretty frequent use (89 click to click heat cycles) I stopped using it when heating time took over 30 seconds. Most times the Vapcap would click at around 10-15 seconds and it would take 4 heat cycles to spend a load, more testing time:smoke:

Welcome to the forum mate

I have been watching your thread on FC and mentioned you have been making smaller units on this one

Cant wait for one of your two smaller pocket units to be ready

So far I love my PSM, it has a slightly slower heat time to the SJK too and I think better flavour

It has good battery life also
But, it is not truly pocket sized although portable.....

Again welcome and good to see you over here @fluxerheaters I continue to watch with keen interest

i got a pwm controlled desktop ih from @fluxerheaters two weeks back. i'm not able to use it often but i have tried it three times. i'll write up a longer review when i have more experience with it. here's the short version.

i really like ability to extend the heat up time--that's the whole point. at thirty seconds to reach the second click the quality of the vapor and intensity of the high are just right for me. i cannot say the high is any different since my data set is so small but it is very good and consistent over those sessions.

of course, one handed operation is so much easier it makes me feel lazy.

p.s. fluxerheaters is the friend that introduced me to vaping and the vapcap. it was the prospect of a pwm controlled ih that got me to buy the m18.

My PSM has got my VC back in full rotation since my SJK died

I am just not a fan of torching by the looks

Love the fact it goes in the car well too

Just need a fully pocketable version now

The slow heating pwm is interesting too as I can see a diff in the slower temp in PSM compared to SJK

I just received my replacement SJK IH and it is a bit different from the old model. It now has a rubber feeling top hat, not like the old hard Teflon feeling one, the fan seems a lot quieter and the unit turns on and of faster as you heat the tip, it only flashes orange for a split second before restarting, the old one was slow doing this action.
I need some new cork, 7mm thick from memory.:thumbsup:

A couple of months and 3 or 4 hard drops on the floor, I did not expect to hear anything back from the Chinese seller as it had been so long but according to my seller, there was a batch that had suspect parts in it so they replaced it.
I am glad to have it back.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: A welcome replacement from the school of hard knocks, hopefully won’t need a replacement
Anytime soon,:smile:
My SJK lasted a few months and died
The company gave me a refund which I put towards my PSM

I now have my cheapo parts @LesPlenty shared and am going to make my own IH for less than $10
See how long it decides to last...

Starting with the basics. Have no electrical know how. Hope I don't fry it first thing.
5V-12V Low Voltage ZVS Induction Heating Power Supply Module + Heater Coil RM 913934372535 | eBay

Have a TPN-023 tattoo machine (for my UD vape) and hope that means I can control the voltage with the analog knob. I probably shouldn't adjust it while it's on perhaps?
Mini Professional LED Screen Rotary Tattoo Machine Power Supply With Cord | eBay

And use the hard switch on a power strip to power it on/off. Until I get creative. If this is an unsound setup please inform me before I create a large blue smoke cloud.:shocked:

I have read that these el-cheapo units will last a lot longer running on battery power, something to do with amp draw, just try it and if you blow it up here is a cheaper link to the one I got for round 2,
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5V-12V-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
I paid the $1.50 more from a US seller for the same unit. But yea, I could buy in bulk from the lowest sellers from Malaysia and China.

Makes some sort of sense what you are saying about it's amp draw and how the battery power option for the IH would help. Was hoping I could find the right cord to split for AC current, But there is more to it then I estimated when I bought the thing. So I need to have a real project to get it running so I don't fry the first one right away. And see if the MOSFITS are replaceable.
Don't want to mouthbreath what tidbits I've read and repeat what a few have told me about this make of an ZVS induction heater. Until I'm confident. But I'll listen to any advice at this point since I slowed my roll on this project. Now it's Battery or AC? :hmm: What parts to buy to make that stable? Common mistakes to avoid?

Have a TPN-023 tattoo machine (for my UD vape) and hope that means I can control the voltage with the analog knob. I probably shouldn't adjust it while it's on perhaps?
Mini Professional LED Screen Rotary Tattoo Machine Power Supply With Cord | eBay
FORGET I MENTIONED THIS. :yikes:It is not the Amps for what I need to work. Been asking on FC and reading other forums about it's electrical needs.

I just received a couple of items in the mail to have a go at making my own IH;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5V-12V-Low-Voltage-ZVS-Induction-Heating-Power-Supply-Module-Heater-Coil-GA/132669663290?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

and;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Power-bank-2-18650-Battery-Holder-Plastic-Battery-Holder-Storage-Black-Box-Case/112342451549?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

I had a couple of 18650 batteries not getting used much(Arizer Air), tested them out like so;
View attachment 5045
Took 18 seconds from 15 degrees C to get to the second click, second heat cycle 15, 8-10 after that
Found a Narva connecters plastic box that it fit in quite well and as the circuit board has a blue LED that lights up when powered, I have a visual reference too see if it is on, looking to make it smaller eventually.
So far;
View attachment 5046
Not bad for under AU$9 if you supply your own battery, switch and case to put it all in.:smoke:
I do like to tinker, almost pocket sized.:thumbsup:

So I just received a mini LED voltmeter and added it to my home built cheapie, it adds less than $2 to the final price;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-Digital-Voltmeter-2-5-30V-LED-Car-Auto-Voltage-Volt-Panel-Meter-2-Wire/332592416963?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=541697758446&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648
IMG_20181112_144117.jpg

It only lights up when the unit is working.:thumbsup:

I just received a couple of items in the mail to have a go at making my own IH;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5V-12V-Low-Voltage-ZVS-Induction-Heating-Power-Supply-Module-Heater-Coil-GA/132669663290?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

and;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Power-bank-2-18650-Battery-Holder-Plastic-Battery-Holder-Storage-Black-Box-Case/112342451549?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

I had a couple of 18650 batteries not getting used much(Arizer Air), tested them out like so;
View attachment 5045
Took 18 seconds from 15 degrees C to get to the second click, second heat cycle 15, 8-10 after that
Found a Narva connecters plastic box that it fit in quite well and as the circuit board has a blue LED that lights up when powered, I have a visual reference too see if it is on, looking to make it smaller eventually.
So far;
View attachment 5046
Not bad for under AU$9 if you supply your own battery, switch and case to put it all in.:smoke:
I do like to tinker, almost pocket sized.:thumbsup:
What VOLTAGE is it?

What VOLTAGE is it?
It's in the description. 5V-12V. But experts here will tell us it needs ?+ amps as well to run.
I'm guessing you need DC current in some manner/workaround for there to make it's own 'field' . Pretty much it's a decision if you are going to power it with unrestricted(?) battery power or some module/hardware/workaround to use wall current. :thinker:Guess that's why many go the battery route as a project.

5V-12V Low Voltage ZVS Induction Heating Power Supply Module + Heater Coil GA 913934372535 | eBay

It only lights up when the unit is working.:thumbsup:
Yea, I'd want some indication that the Module has drained and is fully on/off. So does the number stay at a set number, and raise when you use a vapcap? Is that a dental wax IH I see in the pic as well? Or do I have IH heaters on the brain? :goofy:

It's in the description. 5V-12V. But experts here will tell us it needs ?+ amps as well to run.
I'm guessing you need DC current in some manner/workaround for there to make it's own 'field' . Pretty much it's a decision if you are going to power it with unrestricted(?) battery power or some module/hardware/workaround to use wall current. :thinker:Guess that's why many go the battery route as a project.

5V-12V Low Voltage ZVS Induction Heating Power Supply Module + Heater Coil GA 913934372535 | eBay

Yea, I'd want some indication that the Module has drained and is fully on/off. So does the number stay at a set number, and raise when you use a vapcap? Is that a dental wax IH I see in the pic as well? Or do I have IH heaters on the brain? :goofy:
I see guys building and selling induction lighters for $125.00.
I guess I will build one for $10.00 or I’m a tightwad?
Plug-in is what I will build?
I put a plug in da garden 4 it!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back