Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Loving your bell. Really gorgeous setup, thanks for sharing.

Been trying to put something similar together. Did you make it, is it an antique where could i get one?

My Vapcap storage unit is an antique cigarette holder. It has a turned wood base with holes drilled along the perimeter that will hold stems and condensers and such. Then in the middle is a cup to hold bits and pieces and a domed metal lid to conceal the whole works. Very handy.

This is an antique that I picked up at an auction. I've seen similar ones on Etsy and eBay from time to time.

UHZzN6B.jpg

A1JUecD.jpg

My Vapcap storage unit is an antique cigarette holder. It has a turned wood base with holes drilled along the perimeter that will hold stems and condensers and such. Then in the middle is a cup to hold bits and pieces and a domed metal lid to conceal the whole works. Very handy.

This is an antique that I picked up at an auction. I've seen similar ones on Etsy and eBay from time to time.

Thank you so much for the reply!,
Always love to repurpose things, will keep an eye out for those in the future.

Need a way to store, display, use the growing collection of stems due to the underdog and vapcap i recently acquired.
Thinking of making an artist style box with a swing out double row rack and want to make a tray with various diameters drilled out.

For the short term, i'm hunting for suitable test tube rack / drying racks.

What's that awesome looking curved one at the bottom ma

It's a piece of carved Ox Horn. It has a neat shape and fits in my small hand nicely with a dip for the fingers.

It looks black from a distance but is has wonderful colour depth and variation with streaks of Brown and ivory.
zmEcPQA.jpg

I'm thinking of going for the tool roll/wrap approach
I love the combination of leather and Vapcaps!

The pencil roll is a great idea!

Last edited:
Was lining up to do something quite similar, saw your pricture and it has inspired me further. Thank you.
Then something drew my attention, your Vapcaps to the left seems to be sitting on a metal base that mates to the underdog.

Very very curious what this is, if you dont mind sharing. Are these adapters to heat a Vapcap on top of the Underdog log vape?

If so, do you often heat up a vapcap on top of a log, instead of using stems with it?

Just recently acquired both an Underdog and a Vapcap. Would love to try this kind of setup as well.

Loving this community so far.

Those VapCaps are sitting in 18/14mm glass adaptors. Purely because I had run out of 16mm holes on the right & had plenty of 20mm ones on the left. I keep a Dynamag inside each so they stay stuck.

You can't use a UD to heat a VC unfortunately but there is a log made by our own @Ed's TnT that is a high end log that uses Ti VC tips. I have "consolidated" my vaping gear now & the UD will enter semi retirement. You can't heat the cap with it but you have no deed to with a powerful heater already there :cool:. Then again you can throw a cap on a stem & you have a portable VC.

Not to say anything about the UD. It is my absolute DD & has been for some time.

Oh @Squiby stop with the teasing :drooling: :shocked:! :nut:

Those VapCaps are sitting in 18/14mm glass adaptors. Purely because I had run out of 16mm holes on the right & had plenty of 20mm ones on the left. I keep a Dynamag inside each so they stay stuck.

You can't use a UD to heat a VC unfortunately but there is a log made by our own @Ed's TnT that is a high end log that uses Ti VC tips. I have "consolidated" my vaping gear now & the UD will enter semi retirement. You can't heat the cap with it but you have no deed to with a powerful heater already there :cool:. Then again you can throw a cap on a stem & you have a portable VC.

Not to say anything about the UD. It is my absolute DD & has been for some time.

Oh @Squiby stop with the teasing :drooling: :shocked:! :nut:

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, its really appreciated!
That metal glow from the cap/magnet really threw me off. Would have love to get my hands on a Woodscents for my first log, been in communication with Ed. But didn't have much luck with the Canadian vendor so far. Really wanted to get a log of my own after following them for so many years, so i just acquired a UD since i couldnt justify the ~200$+ needed to get my hands on one of Ed's beauties.

I really fell in love with your tray and would love to make my own, thanks for providing your hole's diameters. Is 16mm and 20mm all i will need to hold UD's various stems?

Do you also know what size the direct draw nylon stem fits into?

Thanks again for your responses.

Last edited:
Just popping since I saw the mention thanks much @Stevenski for spreading the word!

Geez @Squiby thats a buttload of VC gear there, holy vapor thats crazy!

Yall be on the lookout got a 420 thing going tomorrow, better stop by!

I really fell in love with your tray and would love to make my own, thanks for providing your hole's diameters. Is 16mm and 20mm all i will need to hold UD's various stems?

Do you also know what size the direct draw nylon stem fits into?

Quick PSA. The 20mm holes take a 18mm male end or accommodate 18650 batteries. The 16mm holes take 14mm female or Arizer Solo/Air stems perfectly. If you are speccing one up I would have 4-6 holes that will fit a VapCap tip & countersink a dynamag, Add in 4-6 16 or 20mm holes for your UD gear & you will be quids in. Not sure on the nylon DD stem but the thick glass one fits perfectly in a 16mm hole.

This is the spec sheet I provided to a mate who made two for me.

KORaI5e.png

The Underdog & VapCap combo is a mighty fine one, one I have been using daily for a year with great merriment.

n0lHVBN.jpg

My love for vapcap was to learn how to reproduce this @Pipes project.

It is a small induction heater

I am not an electronic project DIYer (I bought a small soldering iron first time to realise it) but i believe in autarchy so I forced myself to learn the basic how to

I have to take a better picture of it, it has a battery module attached today and works very nice

Just cleaned, buttered & assembled all my tips. I should have chucked my spare wood mouthpiece on the OG for the photo but they are a fine looking bunch.

lnUvbKph.jpg

Here is my new Vapcap family...

I have to say that Phattpiggies skill in turning these treasures places him in the fine woodworker of functional art category, beautifully made, meant to be used and admired, held and caressed. Stunningly beautiful stems, each and every one.

I took my new stems for a jaunt around the yard to hang out with some favorite flowers. This is the time of year to be outside with every opportunity. Here's a pic of the new family. Each one is more beautiful than last. My favorite keeps changing. They are all fantastic and poorly represented by these pics.
KwthpEk.jpg

Here is a Blackwood Segmented Honey Bee hanging out with another Honey Bee.
fGahJXa.jpg

The tulips are long gone, so this Tulipwood Twist with integrated mp found a clematis instead.
kKs5heo.jpg

Another Honey Bee stem with an exposed condenser. The Honey Bee is totally pearly and iridescent. Really a wonderful material.
nqOsxbg.jpg

Here is a Harry Potter Paduak Twist. The Paduak is so deep and rich and luxurious. The twist is turned in the direction that compliments and somehow assists the twirling action. It's like its magic or something...
tQe02x7.jpg

This Blackwood Telescopic Twist has finely carved sharp twist ridges. It is wonderful to hold and the twist again mirrors the direction of my twirl technique. The Blackwood is such sophisticated wood and finishes to a deep sheen. The mp can be pulled out to expose the condenser and increase the airpath length. It is stunningly beautiful.
QEjtCeU.jpg

And here is the Segmented Honey Bee again hanging out with yet another honey bee busy at work.
TRvx5Zm.jpg

So, then it started to rain so I came inside to hang out with my most favorite flowers of all. CB Dream. Wonderful pain meds.
zMrucaV.jpg

You will notice that the mouthpiece end of the stems are narrower than the Dynavap mps. I really love this smaller mp profile. Very sleek and so comfortable to use. Beautiful and functional.

Thank you Phattpiggie for all your total awesomeness!!!

@Squiby omg... not only is you collection unbelievably beautiful, you way with words is just wonderful. That is such a nice tribute to phatpiggie's amazing work.

And that bowl.... :drooling:

p.s.... Your garden is lovely as well. :weed::buzz:
Couldn't agree more with all of this!

I've been having a great time with my vapcap M lately. I've taken to removing the bowl and cap section off of the condenser/body/mouthpiece section and placing it in the top of a 14mm-14mm male to male adapter (with a flat shim of stainless steel to hold it into the gong joint securely and airtight, works a treat!). I find that I greatly prefer the hits, much less draw resistance and much easier to see the cloud production! These vapcaps are so versatile!

Thats sweet as a nut @grokit :thumbsup:. One of the coolest things about the VapCap system is you are only limited by your imagination. Loving that long wand & you can chuck the adaptor straight on a male joint or add a F/F adaptor or put the tip in a M/M adapter for water.....

When my OOG broke I turned it into a GonG & it worked pretty well

SD0FdM3h.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back