Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Fur Babies & other critters (the pets thread)

daily_picdump_4200_640_high_56.jpg

Found 3 lamas on way home from work..
20221118_161048.jpg

They were very interested in me... odd creatures...

Cornelius got to see the Veterinarian on Friday.
We put the procedure off for a couple of weeks. It was sort of a rehearsal, during which
we got the bird comfortable with the location and Dr. and he got to come home without any fuss.
My Mac is getting old and developed a speaker rattle , so I used a voice-over and added it to
this video, as I could not test the sound out.
You can see he came home and felt very safe!

We put the procedure off for a couple of weeks. It was sort of a rehearsal, during which
we got the bird comfortable with the location and Dr. and he got to come home without any fuss.
My Mac is getting old and developed a speaker rattle , so I used a voice-over and added it to

I love your birds so much.. cant wait for the day i can consider a bird for a pet..

For now im stuck with this arsehole...
This is what i have to deal with everymorning..
She is having a great time, meanwhile im getting late for work...

those love birds yea? messy fuckers and loud! i had 5 Cockatiels past few years, rehomed the last one away few months ago. love birds but wayyy too messy for me.

those love birds yea? messy fuckers and loud! i had 5 Cockatiels past few years, rehomed the last one away few months ago. love birds but wayyy too messy for me.
The little one is a Lovebird... Francis. I have had him for 17 hyears: making him almost 20. little messes, but often... I time his poops, so I put him up every 30 minutes or so.
The bigger one is a Sun Conure. He is not as loud as Ezio.. the one that passed away... This one Cornelius, makes cute sounds, and mimics me.
The conure's poops are messy, but on the up side, his cage stays clean as he generally only makes his mess when he's on my shoulder. That's why you see me wearing the white robe. It's my safety robe... white so I can easily see the mess. I have 2 robes like this and wash them every other night!

Last edited:
Cornelius posing separately with each of his new brothers.
4 males live here!
I love my family a bunch!
Photo on 11-21-22 at 2.49 PM.jpg

Photo on 11-21-22 at 2.51 PM.jpg

Problem resolved without fixing or replacing anything!
In the front room is my 15" TV which has almost no sound.
I got a sound bar 10 years ago for that TV so the birds would have sound.
By a quirk of fate, the jack for the sound bar to plug into stopped functioning on the day after the computer sound went out.
That little TV is there for the birds to have movement and sound.
DISCOVERY!!!
The sound bar jack fits into my computer, and now my computer sounds normal!
I can now use the computer to make videos again AND test audio on the vids.
I can leave the TV on for visuals, and simply turn the sound up on the computer for sound for the birds!
PLUS, I can watch movies on Tubi on the computer and adjust the sound with the sound bar remote from where Dusty and I sit on the bed.
Ain't life grand?

Last edited:
Cornelius posing separately with each of his new brothers.
4 males live here!
I love my family a bunch!
View attachment 42293
View attachment 42292

Problem resolved without fixing or replacing anything!
In the front room is my 15" TV which has almost no sound.
I got a sound bar 10 years ago for that TV so the birds would have sound.
By a quirk of fate, the jack for the sound bar to plug into stopped functioning on the day after the computer sound went out.
That little TV is there for the birds to have movement and sound.
DISCOVERY!!!
The sound bar jack fits into my computer, and now my computer sounds normal!
I can now use the computer to make videos again AND test audio on the vids.
I can leave the TV on for visuals, and simply turn the sound up on the computer for sound for the birds!
PLUS, I can watch movies on Tubi on the computer and adjust the sound with the sound bar remote from where Dusty and I sit on the bed.
Ain't life grand?
Is it possible to let your birds explore outside space??? Or will they fly away..??
You know like if you have a hamster, and let it out, it will run away.. but if i gave my rats the option to escape, they were like no... its cold out there and where is the food bowl...

I think if i had a bird, id be very worried about him escaping... can you put gps on them...??

@Vitolo its a good idea the robe thing, i just used kitchen towels thrown over my shoulders so they would shit on that, we did the youtube 6 hour bird companion when leaving for work, cage door was always open except at night, Cockatiels are prone to 'night terrors' and it can sound rather terrifying at night when they get spooked flailing and flitting aboot, and they have horrible night vision being Diurnal.

@Kellya86 one can train the birds for recall, need to start them young a tether line can work too, i had a tough time with some of mine, one was smart she always came when i whistled. an open Aviary is ideal and temperate climate. Not sure of Conure's but Tiels are native to Australia so they love warm weather.

Last edited:
Or will they fly away..??
I forgot that Francis was on my shoulder once, and went outside to do laundry. I did not realize he was perched on me and observing until I came back inside.
While he stayed, I would never do this intentionally.
It's not a chance I am willing to take. Why tempt fate?
cage door was always open except at night,
The conure's cage is open all day and evening. He comes and goes at will.
He is trustworthy and his poops are far apart and easy to see. He stays on my shoulder, without getting in the way at all, and only poops while on shoulder and in cage ... both while sitting still
I open the lovebird's cage for a couple of hours in the morning and again in the evening. I do this with him because he poops every 15-30 minutes and the poop is hard to notice because it's tiny... he can poop in flight. Also while out he continually nibbles my ear and gives kisses, which gets in the way of some activities.
I close both cages when I am cooking for food safety, and for their safety.
Once a day I open one cage at a time so each has freedom and alone time with me.
They vie for my attention when both are on my shoulder at the same time.
one can train the birds for recall
Francis always answers when I say his name... wherever he is- even if I whisper it. He comes most of the time when I call wherever I am.
Cornelius only comes about half the time when called from another room.
Ezio never came when called, and did not answer when his name was spoken.
Dusty comes when I think of him! (actually he is at my side all of the time)

We've got a "beak procedure" lined up this week... potentially on 3 different days.
A patient and understanding Veterinarian is wanting this sensitive little guy to be at ease... which puts me at great ease.
Photo on 11-28-22 at 9.24 PM #4 9.34.40 PM.jpg
Photo-on-11-29-22-at-10-15-AM.jpg

I just adore this little guy!............................................................................I love 'em both!

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back