Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Fur Babies & other critters (the pets thread)

He brought them all out of his toy box and lined them up in front of me. I call this pic 'Expectations.' :lol:

IMG_9671.jpg

20221212_091845(1).jpg

Snow day for little one..

Cornelius final Vet visit is done... it took 2.5 hours, and he's doing great. I have tried to get candid shots of his beak, but he seems to know what I'm up to and makes photography tricky by always turning to his unaffected side when I am about to snap a photo.
This was him prior to the procedures:
DSC07313.jpg

As you can see the Gnathotheca had a great extension and a very sharp point as well as a razor sharp edge.
The blade has been blunted so it no longer scrapes the tongue, and the pointy edge has been muted and reduced by 35% so it does not get stuck when he eats, and can no longer hook itself on the cage, or clothing:
DSC07378.jpg
DSC07374.jpg

Close up you'll see some reddened tissue at the base of his tongue, from the measurement of where the removal was to stop.
In the second picture one can more clearly compare the removed 35% to the top image.
The actual point of the lower beak has been removed so the top and bottom no longer meet so that he can eat without placing undo force on the entire reduced lower structure:
DSC07359.jpg

He's eating well, and I no longer must bite or tear each piece of food for him. He is holding it in his talon, and ripping it by himself, as he munches away with impunity.
DSC07364.jpg
DSC07366.jpg

He still is joyful, and affectionate, and still loves to cuddle and dance!

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back