Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Fur Babies & other critters (the pets thread)

FB_IMG_1672011265905.jpg

Why do cats think they rule the world?
A German Shepherd, Doberman, and a cat have died. All three are faced with God, who wants to know what they believe in.
The German shepherd says, “I believe in discipline training, and loyalty to my master.”
“Good,” says God. “Then sit down on my right side. Doberman, what do you believe in?”
The Doberman answers, “I believe in the love, care, and protection of my master.”
“Ah, yes,” said God. “You may sit to my left.”
Then he looks at the cat and asks, “And what do you believe in?”
main-qimg-1e809517047d4759eac29211fc78e288-lq

The cat answers, “I believe you’re sitting in my seat.”

20230101_192532.jpg

Little one had an exausting xmas...

You friends are my family. My only family… who have witnessed blessings, highs and lows in my life.
Years ago, you were all right here when my Service Dog Buster passed. It made me stronger.
It is no surprise how special Dusty has been to me, and how strong he is.
A man does not really expect for a hero to vanish. Dusty is not gone, but is in a time of transition, which may be his last.
5 days ago we played ball, and he tirelessly leapt 4 feet in the air to catch the ball time after time.We woke 4 days ago,and I was late, and he scolded me for trying to leave without him…. so I became later- how do you tell your best friend he’s not going to work?
That afternoon, we stopped and when asked “do you want to stop at the park?", he was ready, and halfway into the front seat of the car.
At the park, I threw his favorite ball, and he slowly trotted after it, and once he had it he did not return it, but put it down and waited for me to come get it. When I threw it again, he walked to it, and then laid down next to it. When we got home he was tired and did not eat.
3 days ago, he ate nothing in the morning, and seemed listless.
2 days ago he ate nothing and was down 5 pounds, but very loving, but had trouble making eye contact, as though he were embarrassed.
Yesterday while his stools were normal he still would not eat. I gave him a scrambled egg in his kibble, and he picked at it slowly, taking 15 minutes to eat it. I called the Vet that day, and they made me an appointment a week from that moment.
This morning he was tired and weighed 10 pounds under his weight, and refused an egg.
I called the Vet to see about a cancellation and was pleased that there was one, and I could go that very minute.
Heart strong, lungs good, fluids were good, but blood work showed that he was severely deficient in red blood cells… anemic… an autoimmune system glitch when the immune system mistakes vital red blood cells as invaders.
The Vet suspected immune system error, or Valley Fever: coccidioidomycosis.
He warned me of the cost of sending the blood for Valley Fever analysis, but I was all in.
He is temporarily taking a medication for Valley Fever, while we wait for the test results. If it is Valley Fever, the meds will continue and he should strengthen. If it’s not that med will stop. A second medication is a steroid, to keep him thirsty and perhaps lift his appetite.
The Vet is hoping that it is Valley Fever.
If it isn’t, we approach the last chapter of Dusty’s journey with me.
Dusty is 9.5 years old, and I realize that he is a senior dog. I have had dogs euthanized, but it doesn’t get easier, and I am not ready to say goodbye at all.
The Vet asked me to try to feed him raw cows liver to raise his red cell count. He ate it once about an hour ago, but would not have seconds. The picture was the very last thing that Dusty ate. He ate it in the bedroom, and had to be coaxed… not finishing all of it.
Here is a picture of the raw liver with scrambled egg… the only food he’s had in days.
Perhaps a few loving friends could lend a moment of energy, in asking that the Universe do what is most beneficial for Dusty’s comfort and well being right now.
Thanks for letting me share.
DSC07385.jpg
DSC07384.jpg

The End for Dusty
Dusty went very quickly. He walked without energy one day, and was gone within 72 hours.
The Veterinarian explained Sudden onset Auto Immune disease.
He woke me up at 1:00 A.M. on Friday January 6, 2023 looking for hugs.
He let me hug him good and long, then licked my face.
He laid down next to the bed and stopped breathing.
I take him for cremation today.

DSC07386.jpg
Memories
IMG_0139.jpg
FDusty at the door.jpg

Last edited:
Brother, I am very sorry for your loss. It is so horrible to loose good friends.
I have loved dogs my entire life and know what a what a hole it leaves.
My prayer for you friend is for our Lord Jesus to soften the blow by gently reminding you of
all the thousands of wonderful memories of you have of Dusty and the fun you two shared.
I also pray you will have peace and rest during this difficult time. You are a loving man and have loved many dogs and many fine people.
You have more dogs to scratch, pet, photograph, GIF, and love-on as you continue your walk. So many depend on you! You are a good man!
Love ya brother!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back