Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
That grinder looks amazing @lazylathe. I have a New Vape fine & a SLX 2.0 but this design really interests me. Did they give any indication of pricing?

I have two s and b grinders, a $50 aluminum grinder that everything sticks in, a slx that I use most of the time a a small trees grinder that was a piu freebie and I use for single small buds. And for big jobs I use a coffee grinder. Not sure if can justify another, but this does look interesting.

Not sure if can justify anothe
Your name says you can! I like a kief catcher too. I think I need a fine grinder that is better quality than my S&B orange plastic crap.

That grinder looks amazing @lazylathe. I have a New Vape fine & a SLX 2.0 but this design really interests me. Did they give any indication of pricing?

Just heard that the pricing is going to be $99.

That seems expensive @lazylathe but the quality of the base material is all you could hope for. I could not see if it was anodized or not but that teeth design & grind consistency looks like my grail has been found. I won't get my hopes up as I am yet to find a grinder without some flaws but at least this is something different. The teeth design is really interesting to me.

@momofthegoons
Since I have posted the review, they are reading the replies and working on redesigning the grinder. All parts will now be interchangeable, so you can buy either grinder and then the fine/medium plate as well as screens to turn it into a 4 piece!
They are wanting to make this a very unique style of grinder.

@Stevenski
It is a bit expensive but when they have all the kinks worked out and everything in interchangeable, it will really shine!
100% made in Canada, no outsourcing at all.
So far the fine grinder has been my family grinder, packed my others away...

Since I have posted the review, they are reading the replies and working on redesigning the grinder. All parts will now be interchangeable, so you can buy either grinder and then the fine/medium plate as well as screens to turn it into a 4 piece!
They are wanting to make this a very unique style of grinder.
Love it when a manufacturer listens to their 'audience.' :thumbsup: I think this was a wise move and will make this grinder all the more appealing.

And I love that it's made in Canada rather than outsourced. Bravo!

Btw... that was a very nice review. Meant to say that earlier. :smile:

...i don't think $99cnd is far off for a grinder... SCS med 3 piece is listed for $59.95usd on their website which is ~$78cnd... Cali Crusher grinders are $85-$95cnd and a SLX is ~$80cnd (and i hated my slx)...

...i don't think for a quality grinder that $99cnd is a turn off imo...

My first two grinders are junk (*are*, as in I still have them). I saw my first-ever grinder at my friend’s and had to have one, these are teachable moments.

First good grinder said ESTIGOY on the top (no idea, wasn’t in the product Pix), has teeth shaped like tildes. Has always worked great, but I lost it a year ago, and after the usual agonies I bought a 4-pc Space Case, and I love it. Best pollen extractor ever.

Ended up finding the grinder and gave it to a good friend; in the aftermath of his passing, it may end up with me again.

Still interested in the topic, love seeing what y’all use

When I made the switch to vaping, I decided new equipment was in order. IIRC, it was some dude going by the name of @lazylathe who got me interested in the kannastor GR8TR solid body, and have enjoyed the fine plate over the last 13 months or so. I’ve got no complaints really, I don’t mind the brushing that others don’t like, and my vapes love the grind. I’ve got a space case as well that I don’t use at all really.

Rather appropriate that good ol’ Lazy is turning me onto the only new grinder that has caught my eye. Like Mom, I really appreciate the products made by the small businesses in this industry. They seem like they listen to their customers and are able to adapt quickly based upon that feedback. These “mom&pop” shops are my preferred destinations when buying vape gear now, also for the stellar after-sales experience!

30+ years smoking the devils lettuce and I didn’t require much hardware at all. 1+ years vaping and I’ve amassed more equipment/accessories and I still “need” more apparently... :disgust: I “need” this grinder.

Last edited:
I am very partial to my NV fine grinder these days but like my SLX it has some flaws. This new one @lazylathe is showing off looks like the perfect combo for my needs & my biggest issue is I tend to overload grinders. If you have a high quality grinder you will enjoy your cannabis much more & luckily for us consumers there is a wealth of choice out there.

$99CAD is a good price for a new innovative grinder. Not reinventing the wheel but seeking to improve the basic design in many facets. Internal combustion engines have evolved over the last 140 years but the basic principle remains the same. Just like a grinder :smile:.

Like Mom, I really appreciate the products made by the small businesses in this industry. They seem like they listen to their customers and are able to adapt quickly based upon that feedback. These “mom&pop” shops are my preferred destinations when buying vape gear now, also for the stellar after-sales experience!.

That is my preference too but for every good maker of a vape related product there is at least one flake out there who will dick you around. The good ones though can become great ones especially if they evolve their offering.

Think the grinder as we know it may be at peak form...like with water glass, many people have been renovating and streamlining and upgrading fit and function to a high degree, and with less variety between the basic styles. Makes me think the market may be ripe for a rethink. What if, instead of the typical stalagmite / stalactite model, you had a custom micro-plane shaving / shredding the meds....or a sonic tube that subjects the mugs to high-pressure soundwaves, simultaneously decarbing the load and rendering it a snortable powder.....

Still waiting for that new threading to make it onto the IPD grinder, btw.

When I made the switch to vaping, I decided new equipment was in order. IIRC, it was some dude going by the name of @lazylathe who got me interested in the kannastor GR8TR solid body, and have enjoyed the fine plate over the last 13 months or so. I’ve got no complaints really, I don’t mind the brushing that others don’t like, and my vapes love the grind. I’ve got a space case as well that I don’t use at all really.

Rather appropriate that good ol’ Lazy is turning me onto the only new grinder that has caught my eye. Like Mom, I really appreciate the products made by the small businesses in this industry. They seem like they listen to their customers and are able to adapt quickly based upon that feedback. These “mom&pop” shops are my preferred destinations when buying vape gear now, also for the stellar after-sales experience!

30+ years smoking the devils lettuce and I didn’t require much hardware at all. 1+ years vaping and I’ve amassed more equipment/accessories and I still “need” more apparently... :disgust: I “need” this grinder.

I am sorry... I do still love my KannaStor Vape GR8TR!! It has somehow found it's way back onto the vape station??LOL! No other grinder has managed to kick it off it's pedestal except for this new one.
My main complaints about the GR8Tr are the number of threads to unscrew the herb chamber, the plates sometimes coming loose and messing up the grind, some herb was pretty much always left up top and the brushing out the holes was tedious at times.
I Loc-tited my fine plate in so it will never unscrew, that solved the moving plate and messed up grinds but the threading and sometimes difficult grinding action kept me looking for something better.

When I first came across these guys on Instagram, I was mesmerized by their video of the lower section jumping up to mate perfectly!
Their thread-less design and ease of grind and jam free claims made me contact them immediately!

They recently mentioned that they are up to prototype 20+ and still improving the design!

So far they will offer a few different options:
Coarse, medium and fine grinders will be offered.
The coarse and medium grinder plates are interchangeable so you don't need to buy a whole new grinder, just the middle section! Pretty sweet!
The fine grinder will most likely be it's own entity but they may make all 3 variations totally interchangeable!
They are working on perfecting the grind consistency and from what I see with my V1, it is pretty spot on!
The newer grinders have all the tolerances tightened up, so that perfects the grind even more.

They have also chosen a few more Beta testers over at FC, so there will be a broader knowledge base soon.

They tell me the new Beta grinders that they are sending out next week are even better than what I have now!!
I am in Grinding Nirvana at the moment and it gets better?? NICE!!

Will update with the latest updates when it arrives! I think it is a red anodized one this time!!

I am sorry... I do still love my KannaStor Vape GR8TR!! It has somehow found it's way back onto the vape station??LOL! No other grinder has managed to kick it off it's pedestal except for this new one.
My main complaints about the GR8Tr are the number of threads to unscrew the herb chamber, the plates sometimes coming loose and messing up the grind, some herb was pretty much always left up top and the brushing out the holes was tedious at times.
I Loc-tited my fine plate in so it will never unscrew, that solved the moving plate and messed up grinds but the threading and sometimes difficult grinding action kept me looking for something better.

When I first came across these guys on Instagram, I was mesmerized by their video of the lower section jumping up to mate perfectly!
Their thread-less design and ease of grind and jam free claims made me contact them immediately!

They recently mentioned that they are up to prototype 20+ and still improving the design!

So far they will offer a few different options:
Coarse, medium and fine grinders will be offered.
The coarse and medium grinder plates are interchangeable so you don't need to buy a whole new grinder, just the middle section! Pretty sweet!
The fine grinder will most likely be it's own entity but they may make all 3 variations totally interchangeable!
They are working on perfecting the grind consistency and from what I see with my V1, it is pretty spot on!
The newer grinders have all the tolerances tightened up, so that perfects the grind even more.

They have also chosen a few more Beta testers over at FC, so there will be a broader knowledge base soon.

They tell me the new Beta grinders that they are sending out next week are even better than what I have now!!
I am in Grinding Nirvana at the moment and it gets better?? NICE!!

Will update with the latest updates when it arrives! I think it is a red anodized one this time!!
@lazylathe have you tried the MAMBA electric $24.00 on AMAZON? (CORDLESS)
My kid (21)loves it?

Last edited:
@lazylathe have you tried the MAMBA electric $24.00 on AMAZON? (CORDLESS)
My kid (21)loves it?

Looks pretty cool but not for me!
I despise batteries in all forms...
Give me an old school grinder 100% of the time!

I checked out the Mamba electric grinder, the grinder part looks cheap and nasty, have you checked it out yourself @ataxian ?
I have the 3.5" (88mm) 4 piece titanium space case too but am looking for a finer grind.

Last edited:
I checked out the Mamba electric grinder, the grinder part looks cheap and nasty, have you checked I out yourself @ataxian ?
Not great COLAS (may 3 feet)
We used the MAMBA with no problem?

It was cheap & worked fine?
Some basic desent GRAND DADDY PURPLE. CALIFORNIA KINE?

Only 28% thc before ROSIN GSC`s thank`s to: @lazylathe I look for it becuase of U!

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back