Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Grow 2 Automatic

Hi Frents,
Wow time flies. Haven’t been visiting the VA as much lately, apologies.. I still love you guys! I’ve been doing a lot of self help, it’s actually working. I feel less sick and more joyful than ever. That’s no excuse to ignore my vape fam though. I’m halfway through week 9 on this run. Things started looking less flawless @arb. My nutrients from last run went bad on me, there like milk now. So I haven’t been adding any nutes as I should have been, especially for the chemical girl. The other two in living soil look like they need some nutes too. I just said oh well and going to finish without nutrients. I know some of you are probably cringing right now. Also haven’t been ph’ing the water like I said I wouldn’t. I have some burnt tips and lots of yellow leaves:doh:. Without further ado:

The runt;
38C8E0F2-5D51-4699-BF5B-D6078BF0E24C.jpeg

The living soil non runt (who is actually the runt now):
9EBB6916-AD46-4A06-9152-52F649B6FB01.jpeg

The Chemical girl( who actually never inhaled I mean taken chemicals):
030CA7ED-AB54-48D7-9E7C-3FEFA05E83EA.jpeg

Looking good, well done! This is 9 weeks from germination? I used arbs Jacks professional 20-20-20 for the last week on my last run and they loved it. I'm using it now on this run. It's cheap but I only found it in 25lb bags. 1/2 tsp per gallon of water. I'm using it on houseplants too and showing positive results in both soil and soilless. Salt fertilizer so I don't think it goes bad?

Thanks for the recommendation @psychonaut . Definitely going to get for my next run. Or you think it’s worth to add to this one? I figure I have about a week on one plant. The other two about 2-3 weeks.

I guess it depends on how much nutrients are stored up in the plant. If it starts yellowing before you get to the ripening stage it may run out of nutrients before its ready. What that entails I'm not entire sure.

I think it'd be worth using especially on the plant with 2-3 weeks left. I tried searching for smaller sizes of the Jacks Professional 20-20-20 and I cant find any, I see some "Jacks Classic 20-20-20 1.5lb tub" but I dunno if it's the same nutrients? I got the big 25lb bag for $50 shipped, figure it'll last a long time and don't think it expires.

https://www.amazon.com/Jacks-Classic-Purpose-20-20-20-Soluble/dp/B001REA5NK

51j-kGI0c4L.jpg

Unfortunately I have only used these nutrients very little but if you are certain that your nutrients in the soil are depleted, feeding with the jacks should be fine. I was/am feeding in a soilless mix (last run was straight coco coir, this run is sunshine mix #4), so there is always little/no nutrients in my medium.

EDIT:
It looks like that jacks classic has different ppm's of nitrogen at the same dosage but slightly, +6 ppm in the professional vs classic in 1/2 tsp dose per gallon.

20190626_140342[1].jpg

Last edited:
I guess it depends on how much nutrients are stored up in the plant. If it starts yellowing before you get to the ripening stage it may run out of nutrients before its ready. What that entails I'm not entire sure.

I think it'd be worth using especially on the plant with 2-3 weeks left. I tried searching for smaller sizes of the Jacks Professional 20-20-20 and I cant find any, I see some "Jacks Classic 20-20-20 1.5lb tub" but I dunno if it's the same nutrients? I got the big 25lb bag for $50 shipped, figure it'll last a long time and don't think it expires.

https://www.amazon.com/Jacks-Classic-Purpose-20-20-20-Soluble/dp/B001REA5NK

51j-kGI0c4L.jpg

Unfortunately I have only used these nutrients very little but if you are certain that your nutrients in the soil are depleted, feeding with the jacks should be fine. I was/am feeding in a soilless mix (last run was straight coco coir, this run is sunshine mix #4), so there is always little/no nutrients in my medium.

EDIT:
It looks like that jacks classic has different ppm's of nitrogen at the same dosage but slightly, +6 ppm in the professional vs classic in 1/2 tsp dose per gallon.

View attachment 10282
Thank you!

It seems like they’re getting worse. Hopefully I can stretch their survival enough for a decent harvest. I’m guessing this is a ph issue with either over or under watering. The first one I harvested a week ago was well finished before these. Not sure if it’s a different strain or the fact the other two were about twice in size. Even the color on the leaves held through: this is going into week 12.
3E692F62-0E45-47CE-A580-A04565EB1C01.jpeg

CEBE9F3C-7448-449E-A2B3-B32043DC8ECE.jpeg

DFD461EE-4995-4F94-952A-1935CF7B3E00.jpeg

It seems like they’re getting worse. Hopefully I can stretch their survival enough for a decent harvest. I’m guessing this is a ph issue with either over or under watering. The first one I harvested a week ago was well finished before these. Not sure if it’s a different strain or the fact the other two were about twice in size. Even the color on the leaves held through: this is going into week 12.
View attachment 10592
View attachment 10593
View attachment 10594

How old is it?

It's perfectly acceptable to have yellow leafs after week 5 or so. Its the same natural process that hardwood trees go through.

Green leafs at harvest means buds still have nutrients in them. A little nitrigenn phosphorus, or potassium anyone ?

Yellow leafs show the plant is getting ripe and using the energy stored in it's leafs.

Yellow leafs early could be a diffiency, or a toxicity.

Another reason is right after you switch the light schedule they're stressed by changing hormones. So it's best to put them in flower when they're thriving. I give them extra water and a slight increase in feed.

Another reason is root zone damage. This can be from too much nutrients, or too much water, or too dry. Then the way out is to feed through the leafs foliar.

From the pictures I'd say your fine, adding too much now could just end up in your vape.

Last edited:
If the trichomes are mostly cloudy then you can stop feeding nutrients and feed it regular water for a week, so it uses up the stored nutrients in the leaves as @Shredder said. It'll yellow up more and your trichomes should still be in the harvest window come chop time. If the trichomes are still mostly clear then you'll want to keep feeding until you have mostly cloudy, or whichever is your preference. With the jacks you don't need to do anything with your PH as all the nutrients are chelated and should uptake regardless of the PH, so long as it's in the normal range.

Thanks for the input guys. I absolutely love the support I get form VA. I had a hunch it had to do with finishing up the ripeness. I was just worried if all the leaves withered and died the buds would cease to mature. The first harvested plant is on its 5th day drying and they’re looking like tasty buds.

If the trichomes are mostly cloudy then you can stop feeding nutrients and feed it regular water for a week, so it uses up the stored nutrients in the leaves as @Shredder said. It'll yellow up more and your trichomes should still be in the harvest window come chop time. If the trichomes are still mostly clear then you'll want to keep feeding until you have mostly cloudy, or whichever is your preference. With the jacks you don't need to do anything with your PH as all the nutrients are chelated and should uptake regardless of the PH, so long as it's in the normal range.

I typically stop feeding at week 5 in flower. With clear tricombs. Even on 10 week varieties. It takes time for tricombs to mature and it's not a function of nutrients, it's more of time and light in flower.

I harvested two plants from this run so far. The third is taking its time. The first one I harvested is dried and curing atm. The second was just cut this morning. Looking like a bigger yield this time around with one less plant .

Here’s a look at the first cut dried and before cure:

Nirvana OG Kush Auto’
9E913405-02A0-44B6-8D1D-DF3F7A503F84.jpeg
28E690A1-32A5-4A59-9C94-84541397E947.jpeg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back