Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Help me get set up please

Well my 710 order is worrying me...
Havent heard anything since 5th...
Screenshot_20221007-083649_Samsung Internet.jpg

Worried its stuck at customs...

Well fuck... this slurp doesnt work with my bubbler...
20221010_151410.jpg

No room for coil..
Gonna have a rumage im my glass box to see if i can bodge it for now..

Edit.. work around for now..

20221010_153843.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you got a work around
Happy testing mate :D
Im off to a head shop to buy some overpriced chinese glass.. fuck it.

At gym at mo.. will have my first proper dab in an hour or 2...

Well first go didnt work.. turned it to liquid.. i just didnt get any of it.. a little confused.. maybe not hot enough.. or not heat soaked enough ? Hmmm
20221010_182851.jpg

Was set at 550.. too cool ?

Had another go at 575 and was much much better.. so like what happens now.. do i have to clean it.. seem to have alot of waste left in it still..
Do i just keep using it all night.. ?? Then clean at end ??
Looks like this now..
20221010_184516.jpg

Last edited:
Had another go at 575 and was much much better.. so like what happens now.. do i have to clean it.. seem to have alot of waste left in it still..
Do i just keep using it all night.. ?? Then clean at end ??
Looks like this now..
View attachment 40832
To get the tunnel at 550 you will need to set the coil higher I'd think being at the bottom radiating upward
You said you have an ir thermometer I would use it aimed at the middle part (move around you'll figure out where to point)

I have not used a coil version of these so I'm guessing here
I would maybe try the Auber at 600/620 - 650
Either have a dab at this temp and see what you like - up or down - or use your IR gun and point at the tunnel part/middle

That looks like the temp is a bit low but starting low and moving up is better than chazzing a banger first go
It is a little wasteful till you get fine tuned but you're not too far away

It should be done in a couple of draws really not too many anyway
Wipe that dirty banger up now though before a new dab

Also - that banger works better with a pill or pillar from what I've seen not the balls - the balls are for the different kind
The pill will vaporise your dab better
Get the pill spinning good before you add the dab so it catches the dab and doesn't just go past up the wall

Sorry mate I hope that helps, I'm off it's 5am here, I woke up on the lounge tele on and looked at my phone - in bed and had to respond to you haha
Half asleep instructions I hope are useful

Last edited:
To get the tunnel at 550 you will need to set the coil higher I'd think being at the bottom radiating upward
You said you have an ir thermometer I would use it aimed at the middle part (move around you'll figure out where to point)

I have not used a coil version of these so I'm guessing here
I would maybe try the Auber at 600/620 - 650
Either have a dab at this temp and see what you like - up or down - or use your IR gun and point at the tunnel part/middle

That looks like the temp is a bit low but starting low and moving up is better than chazzing a banger first go
It is a little wasteful till you get fine tuned but you're not too far away

It should be done in a couple of draws really not too many anyway
Wipe that dirty banger up now though before a new dab

Also - that banger works better with a pill or pillar from what I've seen not the balls - the balls are for the different kind
The pill will vaporise your dab better
Get the pill spinning good before you add the dab so it catches the dab and doesn't just go past up the wall

Sorry mate I hope that helps, I'm off it's 5am here, I woke up on the lounge tele on and looked at my phone - in bed and had to respond to you haha
Half asleep instructions I hope are useful
Much appreciated thank you.. will speak when you wake.. had to draw too hard to get pill moving.. small balls move easy... can i torch this banger ?

can i torch this banger ?
Pretty sure that's what @felvapes is doing with his.

Not sure what temp you should be using with the Slurp-E. I use 525℉ on my banger. And it's not unusual to have a little 'left over' afterwards. That's when the q-tips come into play. However, it does look like an awful lot in your Slurp-E. Perhaps too large a dab? It's either that or as felvapes says and it's more efficient to use the pill than the balls. Maybe the balls splatter it around too much? Again... I don't have one so this is all a guess.

Had a good nights testing.. got fucking high.. 5 dabs last night.. figured out that 620 is about right.. 640 too high..
Will try pill again tonight.. i think alot of my problem is my bubbler.. think its too free flowing.. need something that pulls more..
But i am very happy with my purchase..
Love how it keeps the concentrates tasting fresh through the whole dab.

Cant wait to get home and test more...

figured out that 620 is about right.. 640 too high..
580 to 620 is the recommended temperature on 710COILS site, so sounds about right!

Had a good nights testing.. got fucking high.. 5 dabs last night.. figured out that 620 is about right.. 640 too high..
Will try pill again tonight.. i think alot of my problem is my bubbler.. think its too free flowing.. need something that pulls more..
But i am very happy with my purchase..
Love how it keeps the concentrates tasting fresh through the whole dab.

Cant wait to get home and test more...
The slurper will taste amazing compared to many ways to dab

I'm glad you're getting there with temps now
As motg said there is often some left over that we wipe up with the qtips
But your first pics had a bit too much left over
Good to hear higher temps are getting you there - my guestimates were good by the sounds

- maybe my credibility score can go from -10 to - 9 now, one day I might make it to the neutral 0

You can torch this but I would stick to getting the coil correct if possible
Interesting you say it takes a lot to get the pill spinning
I know that some Chinese sellers don't have the slots at the bottom big enough and this makes for more restrictive draws
However the good seller I use from Ali my pillar slurper spins like all hell (my blender with balls has the restriction I described)
I also noticed that the one you have from Shane is shorter than the ones I know to be good
I pointed that one out as Shane has the coil for erigging and everyone was telling you to go 710 and I know he has good CS
If yours really has issues spinning the pill easily maybe contact him and see if he has a better one with larger slots as he usually does the QC and that's why people buy his up-priced Chinese glass over the avenues I use
Mine sounds like it's about to take off when you draw empty, mine is also a lot taller in the tunnel area

Now you are getting results with higher temps though you should be getting there though and I'm glad you are loving those slurpy flavours

Another thought literally as I type is that middle marble
I don't use that with the pillar - maybe take that out when using the pill and see if that helps at all with the spinning and airflow - maybe that middle marble is good for balls and not pills/pillars

The 525 on @momofthegoons banger is similar to the 550 on the tunnel part
But a bucket banger the coil is around the sides so it will hold the dish at that actual temp
The slurp-e as I mentioned last post you want a similar temp in the tunnel but the bit where the coil is will need to be higher in order to radiate up to the tunnel

You seem to be getting there and glad my guestimates were close to where you ended up mate

As you get comfortable using it you will learn where you like those temps exactly
You can fine tune a degree at a time once you have your average and will find the sweet spot between taste and hit/high

The higher the temp the harder the hit - but flavour starts to go and you will both eventually be combusting and also make life harder in regards to cleaning

Happy experimenting and happy dabbing mate
I'm glad you are managing to get it tuned in now
I wasn't sure if my half asleep walk to the bed from lounge wake up as I wipe the sleep dribble away and go back to sleep was clear enough to help hahaa

Hope you get to that super sweet spot soon mate

You can torch this but I would stick to getting the coil correct if possible
I meant just for cleaning.. went a little high and burned some goo onto it..
Torched it, hot water, and a little wire wool and back to new...

I also have no idea how them clips work..

Off to dhgate to order some glass...

I meant just for cleaning.. went a little high and burned some goo onto it..
Torched it, hot water, and a little wire wool and back to new...

I also have no idea how them clips work..

Off to dhgate to order some glass...
The clips would work better with a bucket now I think as the coils arm is near the banger
The slurper the coil will be lower so it may be harder to find a spot to clip them

You can torch to clean yes if you ever scorch
But once you get used to the right temp it will swab up easy after each dab
I moisten a qtip in my mouth and that helps the oil suck up the tip off the glass very easily
No more burnt bits or scrubbing for me
After the moistened q-tips, if you need to an ISO qtip will melt any extra off - but do the mouth moistened swab first or iso seems to cook the dab on while hot

The clips would work better with a bucket now I think as the coils arm is near the banger
The slurper the coil will be lower so it may be harder to find a spot to clip them

You can torch to clean yes if you ever scorch
But once you get used to the right temp it will swab up easy after each dab
I moisten a qtip in my mouth and that helps the oil suck up the tip off the glass very easily
No more burnt bits or scrubbing for me
After the moistened q-tips, if you need to an ISO qtip will melt any extra off - but do the mouth moistened swab first or iso seems to cook the dab on while hot

Right so its safe to swab a banger at 600 with a wet q tip ?

Just bought this. dhgate was down..
Screenshot_20221011-102113_Samsung Internet.jpg

Right so its safe to swab a banger at 600 with a wet q tip ?

Just bought this. dhgate was down..
Tha
That thing looks nice
I'd love it with my ballers
What did that set you back?

Yea I moisten by mouth a qtip (or if I have fresh water beside me I dip in that)
Should be fine mate to clean - the mouth or dipped moistened qtip seems to work better, some science stuff happening there but it sucks the oil up and wipes up really easy
A dry qtip tends to stick to the dab and walls more rather than wipe it off

Iso is better when it's cooled a bit I find (can be warm) only if there's a bit left over after the above that needed melting - and then moistened by mouth to wipe the iso qtip out
But this is only sometimes - most often the one or two mouth moistened ones after the dab does the job

What did that set you back
20 quid and delivered tomorrow.. why do we use dhgate again ?
Loads of cool stuff, cheap on amazon, delivered tomorrow..

One other annoying this is i cant easily access the tunnel when i been using the valve (middle ball).. it blocks it and is impossible to remove without cooling everything down.. ill try life without the valve ball tonight.. but i could see it spinning and doing its thing so i kinda like it..

Excited for more testing tonight..

One other annoying this is i cant easily access the tunnel when i been using the valve (middle ball).. it blocks it and is impossible to remove without cooling everything down.. ill try life without the valve ball tonight.. but i could see it spinning and doing its thing so i kinda like it..

Yea Ive seen the middle ball spin in videos
But the hassle cleaning would annoy me

Besides if it works better for the pill without it - function all day, and you will enjoy seeing the pill spin if it's anything like mine

I remove the top marble by putting a 14/18 adaptor on it and turning it on its side so the marvel swaps spots (if that makes sense)
Then qtip away as no middle marble
Or with the pillar I'll slide the pillar out if needed also before q-tips

I hope it spins (the pill) for you without the middle marble
Otherwise if it is too hard to spin I'd contact Shane

At least it's all fun times testing and practicing

Bought my set up from 710
IMG_20221011_094821.jpgIMG_20221011_094841.jpg

Did not know you could coil a slurper

Recently bought some cheap quartz inserts for my bangers
When I used them my live resin tasted awful
Same resin in the banger tasted fine

Can these inserts cause the taste to vary so much
Considering different inserts but was wondering if anyone noticed a difference in taste with the cups
IMG_20221011_095823.jpg

Looking at ruby, sapphire and sic inserts but they are $$

Bought my set up from 710
View attachment 40865View attachment 40866

Did not know you could coil a slurper

When I used them my live resin tasted awful
Same resin in the banger tasted fine

Can these inserts cause the taste to vary so much
Considering different inserts but was wondering if anyone noticed a difference in taste with the cups
View attachment 40868

Looking at ruby, sapphire and sic inserts but they are $$
I didn't like inserts in bucket bangers
They just didn't do it for me at all really
Just another thing suggested by 710 after the 30mm bucket that didn't do a lot for me
I dont like bucket bangers much at all though really but they worked better on their own then with inserts
Ruby and sapphire are tasty to dab off but I think there's better formats than inserts in bucket bangers now then 4 years ago

For flavour/hits it's slurpers in quartz (I only saw 710 make a coil for them but his banger is shorter than mine) or a Daab sic for me
Or I have one of these on the way for half off - 120$ quartz or $145 W sic, $165 ruby, for peak pro clone tech
Should be tasty AF and easy to maintain and not $400+ like a pro

Last edited:
I have a cheap ruby insert (about US$75) that does taste great in my 710coils 25mm banger but it does without an insert too...it does have a crack in it now and I don't know how or when it happened.
I still believe the thermocouple on the Peak Pro (and now Pockety) just under the surface of the dab is the main reason the Puffco Pro can be so tasty, it actually keeps the surface temperature constant as you draw.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back