Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Misc. Log vapes

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
When I first started vaping, there were far fewer options out there to choose from than there are now. One of the options that appealed to me most was the log vape. So... what is a log vape?

Simply put, it's a vaporizer made out of wood. The plus side of this style of vaporizer is that it can be left on 24/7. Most of the older styles take no more electricity than a night light; especially when using a standard 12v wall wart. Another plus is the small amount used in a session. They are truly herb conservers. And when used with variable voltage can be cloud beasts. They can also be used for aromatherapy by placing a small cup with essential oils on top of the heat port.

My first experience was with the Aromazap... shown here with stems made by @Ed's TnT

tXu0wo7.jpg

Next up was the Rockzap.. this had a cement core for insulation and was a prototype.

DSC00434.jpg

Which led to the CRZ (CeramicRockZap) which had ceramic insulation...

DSC00479.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

Unfortunately, the whole Zap line is no longer available.

I also purchased the Toasty Top.

DSC00455.jpg

And from the same maker, the HI

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

And from Epicvape, the eNano...

iePLKhw.jpg

And the newest creation from Ed's TnT; the WoodScents.

IMG_1654.jpg

An action shot with the WoodScents through water...

All those hits and two more from this...

IMG_1593.jpg

RsAf8N2.jpg

Those are some amazing pieces; seems like you managed to amass some true collectors items @momofthegoons ! Do you have a favourite Log?

I have a walnut WS on the way from @Ed's TnT. I'll be sure to post about once it arrives.

My current log is a chinese pistache standard core made by Underdog! Love it. It's so efficient and tasty, I can get 3-6 bowls from it out of what would have been 1 in another vape. Every vaper who appreciates efficiency would benefit from a log, imo:money:!

nQjn9P4.jpg

There is a small crack in it that turned this log into what they call a "Lost Dog". Discounted, unique pieces that have some small cosmetic defect that UD feels is below their usual standards of quality.
2on2qVe.jpg

The crack doesn't affect performance at all and after using it for ~4months it shows no signs of compromising the structure.

Do you have a favourite Log?
You know... I don't. I love my old CRZ's... and have one plugged in 24/7. Same with the Toasty Top; although I use that mostly for aromatherapy. The all have something different to offer.

The new WoodScents is pretty sweet. I like the new titanium core and think its a nice new innovation. And the temps with any log vape with variable voltage is a game changer. Brings it up to temps high enough that you can use concentrates. The newer versions like the WoodScents and the HI can handle the heat much better because of the lack of mass in the heat port area. They don't use any type of insulation and the wood doesn't get as hot. Therefore, the chance of the wood cracking is pretty slim.

Now this is where I belong! Pics coming soon...

I have 7 logs meself! Expensive hobby, innit? :dog:

3 Heat Islands, 2 UDs, 1 Toasty Top, 1 E-Nano.

The Toasty Top is my favorite to look at because of its shape and its stand. Just lovely. Wonderful shape to hold, too. :naughty2:

My favorite to use is my Bamboo HI with glass core. I love how gently it hits and how long a chamber will last. Plus it's so bloody light that it's perfect for using with glass pieces. Furthermore, it does not get hot to the touch at all, even at 12 volts - can barely even feel heat, really.

But I switch them all up regularly. :weed:

I think these are all my logs. 7 UnderDogs, 2 Hi's and 1 WoodScents

From left to right, back to front:

Cheechen Burl Standard Core UD, Buckeye Burl Glass Core Hi, Spalted Red Oak Standard Core UD, Koa SS Core Hi, Buckeye Burl Standard Core UD, Buckeye Burl Air Core UD
Walnut Mini UD, Buckeye Burl Mini UD
Torched White Ash WS, Redwood Burl Standard Core UD

G0nUWbh.jpg

I Love My Wood!!​

NHpiWAb.jpg

This looks very similar wood to my Homegrown, Sumac @momofthegoons ??
pAuAKF6.jpg

I have an excellent relationship with the maker, Rastavapa and in a conversation we discussed the idea of running 'cordless'.
RV had contemplated the idea but never followed it up, so I did.
This is basically a prototype hence the unfinished base, I've got another set of internals getting made up so I can explore the idea a bit more.
I'm going the opposite way to other manufacturers, I'm adding more mass.
The set up as is works fine for high temps. but the internals don't hold enough heat at lower temps.
I'm hoping I can find a happy medium.
I'll also be modifying the wooden body so less heat is transferred to the wood and I will get round to making a proper base.

Wow @momofthegoons - what an exquisite collection of logs - so quirky and so, so beautiful.

@NickDlow - your collection is like a fine wine - it just keeps getting better and better - simply stunning!

Peeeectures or you're lying!!!! :naughty2:
Agreed! Don't be shy @David Brent - show us what you've got! :naughty2:

Loving the look of the cordless HGL @phattpiggie

I recently acquired 4 HIs, which more than doubled my log collection:

8df4d5cd-6a5e-4248-9eb7-9f89c4f81320_zpskobgenpt.jpg

From left to right:

• Light spotted bamboo HI (glass core)
  • Bocote log (made for me by a log lover, who wishes to remain anonymous)
  • Sumac and walnut mini-HI (SS core)
  • Olive Home Grown Log
  • Buckeye HI (SS core)
  • Walnut E-Nano
  • Dark spotted bamboo HI (glass core)
I love them all, but use some more than others. I look forward to sharing my views on each in their corresponding threads (once they are up and running) :smile:

Wow @momofthegoons - what an exquisite collection of logs - so quirky and so, so beautiful.

@NickDlow - your collection is like a fine wine - it just keeps getting better and better - simply stunning!

Agreed! Don't be shy @David Brent - show us what you've got! :naughty2:

Loving the look of the cordless HGL @phattpiggie

I recently acquired 4 HIs, which more than doubled my log collection:

8df4d5cd-6a5e-4248-9eb7-9f89c4f81320_zpskobgenpt.jpg

From left to right:

• Light spotted bamboo HI (glass core)
  • Bocote log (made for me by a log lover, who wishes to remain anonymous)
  • Sumac and walnut mini-HI (SS core)
  • Olive Home Grown Log
  • Buckeye HI (SS core)
  • Walnut E-Nano
  • Dark spotted bamboo HI (glass core)
I love them all, but use some more than others. I look forward to sharing my views on each in their corresponding threads (once they are up and running) :smile:

Nice collection, nice pic, love the Buckeye. I sense you have a Wood Scents in your future :lol:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back