Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Misc. Log vapes

If I understand correctly, this is the general vape area so comparison discussions are allowed, yeah? If not, please correct me (you know you love doing it and I love getting it! haha).
Lmao... you've been begging for a spanking today now; haven't you. :dog:

I think that this is probably the perfect place to showcase and compare log vapes. Thanks for asking. :thumbsup:

HI guys - I am pitiful and letting the team down badly. I have one log vape only, an Enano that I bought based on a lot of input but particularly from some help from @CarolKing and another poster elsewhere.

I do love my log for its ease of use, versatility, reliability and robustness, and its efficiency. I generally like small size load if they are easy to reload and that's a log all day long.

@momofthegoons - If I understand correctly, this is the general vape area so comparison discussions are allowed, yeah? If not, please correct me (you know you love doing it and I love getting it! haha).

Ok, AS members....I'm thinking about another log sometime soon.

With HI, would you recommend a steel or glass core? I see above people with both. Advantages/disadvantages/recommendations?

Now this is an tough question because like many of you, I have corresponded with Ed in the past and find him to be a VERY likeable and inspiring person. But business is business, anybody with both HI and WS, any preferences or recommendations?

Or perhaps, HI, WS and UD.....for a person who has an Enano, any recommendations on next log to consider?

Cheers

I love my enano, in some ways it's my favorite, but I feel the same way about my HI. They're all a bit different and they all have a different vibe and experience. I'll eventually get an WS as well. Lately I use two vapes through a session, starting with the vapman and finishing with my black locust CRZ (in my opinion the perfect log vape). Vito's right, just take your time and be selective. The right ones will call you.

I've always found it interesting that log vapes aren't more well known. I try to spread 'knowledge' about them whenever I'm in a vaporizer discussion. And more times than not the person I'm talking to asks, 'What's a log vape?' For such a versatile 'tool' it's amazing that it's not better known.

Then of course there was the OCD (Old City Diffusers) which was promising but came and went.
This was a larger log vape - sort of a hybrid of a log and a Da Buddha.
I have one and I am guilty not delving into it as much as it deserves. It's a quality unit and one of these days I'll have more to say about it.

I've always found it interesting that log vapes aren't more well known. I try to spread 'knowledge' about them whenever I'm in a vaporizer discussion. And more times than not the person I'm talking to asks, 'What's a log vape?' For such a versatile 'tool' it's amazing that it's not better known.

and it's generally a given that head shop owners never heard of "log vapes." I've noticed that head shops these days are getting better commercial vaporizers like the Surfer. In the past the shiny "hot box" was the vaporizer that proliferated in these stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. The first vape I ever tried was a log type design oh....maybe 15 years ago. It was a DIY made by a local guy and wasn't very good in terms of function, but the concept was the same as used today, just executed better today with better heaters.

To me they are terrific and very useful and versatile.

For example, I just got home from shooting some five stand (clay target shooting) and have just plugged in the Enano in prep for watching the Final Four. I will let it run all evening and when I want a draw, its there on demand. Take one and put it back down, if you like. There just aren't a lot of vapes that give you THAT much flexibility. My Evo can do a one-and-done also but I tend to use it more pre-bedtime for sedation as it knocks my socks off most often.

I'm personally hoping for either Gonzaga and NC or SC and the Ducks in the final as I think this would be the better match ups due to size.

Cheers

OOhhhh I dont think anyone has mentioned either of these, I have a WW/WitchWood and even a HP/HotPod both great logs. the WW came out just after the HI with the SS sleeve insert kinda like the Nano does. The HP has the glass core, and is a great piece itself. I am very fortunate I had a great guy gift me a PD wanna say its cherry. I had 2 HI's and gifted one to a great friend kept the best looking beauty for myself. Have a really sweet CRZ one of the out on a limb one of a kind pieces. Even had Rick make me a sweet Blue Mahoe MZ let a friend use it a while, he didnt clean it ever and had some freaking dumbies try to fix it and ruined it in the end. I will pop a shot of all my logs today and get a pic posted here, am very lucky to have them all, I so dig wood!

Oh btw am doing my part to spread the word for the log vape, am sending 3 WS to one of my dealers in Canada this morning, sent one to a dealer in Brazil last week, got another dealer in Australia wanting to add a few to his next order, my guy in France is waiting on me to get it CE certified so he can push it to all his customers and his friend who is the biggest vape distributor for all of Europe.

I think I forgot the Wychwood Vape in all of my posts...
Cookie was a great guy, and we skyped alot... He vanished years ago.
DSC01704.jpg

DSC01706.jpg

DSC01705.jpg

I have three WW videos on Youtube, but have had them on private for a few years now.
I will make them public again some day.

Last edited:
Was alot of fun pulling out all these treasured vapes from way back when, got out the butter and dolled em all up for the show this evening, what a blast it was giving them the look!

right - left

Szl2OPV.jpg

I was gifted this sweet cherry PD,

LgwiKMg.jpg

was my last log acquistition, a great guy sent it to me after making mention of not having one. I am missing the Woodeze, not sure if anyone mentioned it or not, from what I saw I not much I know seemed very similar to the MZ and PD.

I got this cutie from Rick at MZ its a CRZ one of the few "Out on a limb" series, @momofthegoons I wanna say got one of that series as well. This one is Maple, I love the natural live edge at the top and bottom and want one day to make a few WS with this look

Blswzug.jpg

Got this piece from Andy at Epic Vape my second trip out to a CHAMPS Tradeshow in Vegas. Such a nice power house of a vape, its in Walnut

h88rgwg.jpg

It has a power cord attached to it. You werent able to remove it. This unit has a boost setting switch on the bottom to kick up the heat. Very cool it has a subtle blue light inside the unit coming up through the glass air path.

This is one of the first E-Nano's done, not many of these around with the grooving and hard wired power cable.

xYQA5vo.jpg

Got this little piece from the man himself Cookie from WitchWood, @Vitolo is very right, Cookie was a solid guy, very cool and never knew what happened to him, hope all is well for him. This piece is an English Walnut WW

n9LwfiD.jpg

Ohhh i dont think these ever made it out of beta but are very neat pieces, wanna say they were the first of the smalls doing a glass air path, not sure I remember exactly the heater but think it may have been a lamp of some sort, hmmm anyone else know? Got this piece from Hazy at HotPod, I only know of one other guy that has one and feel his is a beta as well.

sRaddii.jpg

I was on the HI list for about a year when Alan got with me saying my time had come, I sent him 2 blocks from my private stash, got this stunner in spalted Afzelia Burl and another in Sindora Burl I gifted to a great friend. This was the first HI design, where it had the SS interior sleeve kinda like the Nano has still.

2ZFQCUW.jpg

The other side of this piece is rich red and outa sight!

I got this piece a bit back from Dave at UD, a really nice piece, I do like B&W Ebony, very sleek and dense, very similar in size to the HI

e8Uuqdz.jpg

At the end you will see a BuckEye Burl WS, you can see how far the log has come and in many ways different variations of it. I would so like to get a Woodeez and an Etera but am sure thats probably a certain impossibility. Anyhow this is my collection.

Fantastic post and collection, @Ed's TnT . Extraordinary. Wonderful stroll through a bit of log vape history.

Somebody with a bit of free time really needs to make a documentary about the evolution of logs - in particular, the cores. Interviews with past and current makers would be invaluable. Interviews with well known log hogs just as much so.

@Ed's TnT Any plans for a banksia pod WS ? I bloody love those little pods.

With HI, would you recommend a steel or glass core? I see above people with both. Advantages/disadvantages/recommendations?

Now this is an tough question because like many of you, I have corresponded with Ed in the past and find him to be a VERY likeable and inspiring person. But business is business, anybody with both HI and WS, any preferences or recommendations?

Or perhaps, HI, WS and UD.....for a person who has an Enano, any recommendations on next log to consider?

As far as HI cores go, of "cores" it's best to have both - see what I did there? :cool: But if you already have an E-Nano, and have plans / thoughts of UDs and WSs, then I'd recommend "glass core," otherwise known as HIbrid. Completely different experience. Softer, gentler, more relaxed hits is what I experience. A ridiculously small amount will last me all day using that core because it more chips away at the herb instead of blasting right through it. And accidental combustion seems nearly impossible, IME.

HIbrid = CIVILIZED.

And did I mention FLAVOR?

The downside is they run a bit hotter, IME - but the bamboo version negates that. And the bamboo HI is so bloody cheap and the wait list rather short (compared to the appx. 18 month and rising wait list of standard HIs) that it's like... why not?

As far as choosing between HI / UD / WS, well.... I can't speak for WS since I don't have one but based on what I've read it seems top notch. HI's have that waiting list, so unless you signed up long ago, a HI is pretty much out of the mix.

My favorite way to log vape these days is to run material through a HIbrid starting at 10.00 volts and keep temp jumping a bit each toke until about 11.25 volts. Then I switch to a SS HI/TT or UD and start it at 10.65 volts and temp jump up each toke until around 11.75. At that point, there is usually not much left that I'm interested in.

Using my bamboo HIbrid tonight. Probably my favorite, functionally and design-wise of the logs I have. So small and light - doesn't feel much lighter than the cardboard of a roll of toilet paper. Barebones amount of parts. I love how I can look through its entire airpath. And I appreciate its utilization of cork and bamboo in terms of materials.

And I love its glass heater cover. I always prefer glass mating with glass. Just my preference.

Using it with the ol' SSFG Gridded Inline. Years ago on another forum, a poster known as BDV posted that combination and it is what got me into logs as well as glass - SSFG glass, in particular. Probably would have never joined any forum whatsoever in my life if not for those posts. Never thanked him. Still remember that.

Feels a bit strange to be using essentially the same method now as someone else back then, you know?

Log vapes + glass = TIMELESS?

Buckeye Burl HI is still my favorite to look at. Or maybe the Two-Toned Afzelia Burl Toasty Top. But that Spalted Tamarind UD with the Grim Reaper Scythe is pretty great too. Or that Amboyna Burl Nano....

My next log may just have to be a WS. Curious about that titanium core vs. a stainless steel one of a UD or HI.

I confirmed with Alan that my next HI is going to be a banksia pod Mi-log with bloodwood bottom cap. Gonna be so fucking sweet. I got dibs. :biggrin:

Yep. This is the way I like my EDA. :ko:

Last edited:
This Home Grown Log was picked up at the postoffice last Monday.

c5LYrv7.jpg

It's zebrano wood and it looks real nice. My HGL is a Wild Olive one. It's been my daily driver for over almost a year now and I only just recently used it with just a glass stem. I am loving that.

mGerEf5.jpg

L-R we have PD, WDZ, AZ, MZ, CRZ, EV2, Enano, HotPod, WW, HI, UD, HGL, and WS, I love them all very much, and am thankful to all the manufactures for their hard work and efforts making great log vapes. I am happy to be part of the line up now after many years, woot woot!

@momofthegoons - in that vid at the beginnging of the thread showing you vaping on a log.....you have a carb'd drop down sort of thing for your gong.

DHGate glass, maybe? Any link to same/similar product?

I will look around DHGate also...I believe that I have seen such an item on there but can't find it at the moment.

Cheers

in that vid at the beginnging of the thread showing you vaping on a log.....you have a carb'd drop down sort of thing for your gong.
Lmao... that vid. I was so high by the time I got it down I didn't realize I was using a regular stem instead of my WonG. :ko: That's why the WoodScents is sitting up so high. I'm using the Cloud buddy to get it away from my face a bit. Which is how I'm able to carb... Now that is a neat addition to the deal. Makes it so that you don't have to mess with the WS; it can just sit there.

Once I get home to another power supply, I'll shoot another, lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back