Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Recipe Master Wu's Green Dragon - Tincture

Surprise surprise. I asked google about master Wu green dragon tincture n I notice one of the top hits is VA! I should've just searched here!

If time permits I'm going to revisit this recipe. My question is, does anyone add sunflower lecithin to their tinctures?

I tried this once, maybe last year? I remember not tending to it well and not overwhelmed by the results. I actually came across the bottle last week cause I was in need, searching for a dropper. I opened it up n was glad to have found it! I was like damn, forgot bout this! Let's titrate!... Then boom, I made a weird gesture n knocked it over. Smh

I've purchased tinctures recently online. I don't find them effective even though I trust the sources... I'm taking 3 ml of sativa tinctures + ml's of green dragon + indica.... I end up falling asleep yes, but not overly medicated. Hoping I can up the anti so as to more conveniently guide my summer evenings to saturn n beyond

@momofthegoons so, 5 to mins Decarb, 20 mins to reduce. So your mixture is ready to go in 30 mins??

Yes, I use sunflower lecithin in tinctures.

My last two batches used hemp oil, sunflower lecithin and rosin. I used just enough heat to melt it all together. Actually I melted the lecithin in the oil first, then the rosin. I use 2 grams rosin, 1/2 tsp lecithin to one fluid oz of hemp oil. That makes it fairly strong. One full eye dropper is a good strong dose. The advantage of using hemp oil is that it stays liquid, even when cold, unlike coconut oil, or butter. So it works well in an one ounce size eye dropper.

I use the same amounts using coconut oil instead of hemp oil to fill size 00 gel capsules, but sometimes go as high as 3 grams concentrate to one fluid oz of oil. That would be a very strong dose. One favorite is two grams THC concentrate and one gram of CBD concentrate.

I always use concentrates in these. You can infuse herb instead but I found it makes dosage control hard to pin down. It's more hit or miss with herb, at least it was for me.

Yes, I use sunflower lecithin in tinctures.

My last two batches used hemp oil, sunflower lecithin and rosin. I used just enough heat to melt it all together. Actually I melted the lecithin in the oil first, then the rosin. I use 2 grams rosin, 1/2 tsp lecithin to one fluid oz of hemp oil. That makes it fairly strong. One full eye dropper is a good strong dose. The advantage of using hemp oil is that it stays liquid, even when cold, unlike coconut oil, or butter. So it works well in an one ounce size eye dropper.

I use the same amounts using coconut oil instead of hemp oil to fill size 00 gel capsules, but sometimes go as high as 3 grams concentrate to one fluid oz of oil. That would be a very strong dose. One favorite is two grams THC concentrate and one gram of CBD concentrate.

I always use concentrates in these. You can infuse herb instead but I found it makes dosage control hard to pin down. It's more hit or miss with herb, at least it was for me.
Doesn't that make it an extract? Tinctures are alcohol based?

That was explained earlier in this thread. Mom posted some really nice articles that started this thread. But no, they're not always made with alcohol. The extract would be the concentrate. I think it's easier to remember infusions. As in weed infused into whatever.
It's been awhile since chemistry class, and my cookbooks are out of date, I suspect. Good to know things evolve.

It's been awhile since chemistry class, and my cookbooks are out of date, I suspect. Good to know things evolve.

Alcohol tinctures are more common, and they work well, but so does oil. And for the reasons posted not everyone likes the taste or effects of alcohol, so oil is a nice alternative. Just as easy plus it's cheaper.

As far as what exactly is a tincture ? That's why I like referring to it as an infusion. That's just cannabis infused into another thing. Kinda covers it all. I always think of tincture as eye droppers of liquids, but I doubt that's how they're officially recognized either, lol. Idk the official definition, but I see it used when reading about tinctures of alcohol, glycerine, or oils infused with cannabis.

No, no lecithin in your tincture

Yup, just weed and booze. Elegant simplicity.
Too late. Caught you're responses just now. My next batch I won't use lecithin and I'll pay better attention. I was working and poured an oz of vodka on the decarbed herb, but then couldn't remember if I had poured 2 oz or 1?? So I poured another. Then I was using a crock pot to reduce... With a lid on hi, crockpot reached 180 +, take off the lid it stays at 140°... After 30 mins there was like 0 evaporation. I ended up setting up the double boil and took another 30 mins to evaporate what was probably not 50‰ but it was late I had to call it quits. Squeezed out 1.5 oz n tossed the bud. I was rushing n probably could've squeezed out a bit more.
As far as what exactly is a tincture ? That's why I like referring to it as an infusion. That's just cannabis infused into another thing. Kinda covers it all. I always think of tincture as eye droppers of liquids, but I doubt that's how they're officially recognized either, lol. Idk the official definition, but I see it used when reading about tinctures of alcohol, glycerine, or oils infused with cannabis.

Coconut oil infusion I have much experience. But I'm using an oz of bud to make like a cup to 1.5 cups oil with no evaporation. It doesn't seem like a tincture, but i guess it is the same thing.
This is the second time I've made an infusion with alcohol. First time I've reduced and evaporated. Best alcohol I could get in Ontario is Spirytus Gradanski. 76% vodka. You need medical go ahead to purchase "alcool" which I guess is our version of ever clear. 96% ethanol. They won't sell it to the public. Friends. Send me some ever clear. I'll transfer you the funds :cheers:

Do you always use lecithin? How fast would you consider the onset of your infusions? You infuse hemp oil with rosin. That sounds very.. Organic. Hmm where to find hrmp oil? Canadians??

Cheers. About to take another two dropper. Can't tell if it works or not

Last edited:
Quick question. No time to read through. Do yall recommend doing a second soak with alcohol and reduce, or I should just discard after the initial straining?

Purple space cookies on deck. I think I might have a winner. Tonight I'll find out

I started my experiments exactly 4 weeks ago.
Made 3 strains 3 different ways of Decarb. 1.ardent Nova, 2.MOG method, 5 min 325°, 3. my style, 40 mins 240°

None of my tinctures were effective for me. The first put me to sleep (I think once?), I couldn't duplicate the result. I got to the point where I was taking 4,5,6 ml's at a time. Nothing, or very mellow...
3 acquaintances, I gave them the various tinctures to try. All of them had strong fun relaxing vibes. Enjoyed it.

I'm disappointed I can't or couldn't have a similar experience. Usually edibles n I work out real well. I don't wanna be a part of the percentile who won't be effected by herbal tinctures!!

Finished an experiment last night. 50g abv. 16 fl oz coconut oil. 14 hour simmer (by accident) was aiming for 6 hours... Came out very dark. 2tsp in espresso shot. I'm 1.5 hours in. I have a nice mellowness creeping through my body n mind. I need that. I hope it takes me on a journey.
I just scrolled up n noticed how much words I've written. Lol. How long have I been trying say all this??

I also just realized how nice a simple post also can act as a indescriminate time stamp to determine length of days between particular, things....

.MOG method, 5 min 325°
I just want to clarify that that isn't 'my' method but the method used in the og Master Wu recipe. My personal method of decarbing is 30 minutes at 225°F.

None of my tinctures were effective for me.
That is a real bummer. Did you reduce them down at all or did you use them 'as is' after the infusing? I would suggest reducing the tincture down a bit.

I just want to clarify that that isn't 'my' method but the method used in the og Master Wu recipe. My personal method of decarbing is 30 minutes at 225°F.
True. Thanks for the clarification! That was the first I've seen/tried a 5 min Decarb. I'm not/wasn't satisfied with that. But it was convenient
Did you reduce them down at all
Yes. The first batch I got preoccupied and forgot about it. I let it sit for about 10-15 mins longer than expected and thought it all evaporated. But no, it was perfect. That one I think had the most noticeable notable effect. The other two I paid better attention to and also reduced.

I've bought tinctures from trusted places prior to my own. Green dragon, Phoenix tears etc... very little effect. I will keep trying. I used 76% alcohol, highest I could find around here.
On a positive note, my abv coconut oil had a nice effect, very soothing to the mind and body! I'm not out the edible game

Hi All - has anyone tried storing the mixture after completing the instructions in the op? Meaning, store it as it comes out of the water bath with the flower and (reduced) alcohol in the jar, then shake every day or so and separate after let's say a week. Will this make any difference in the extraction at all? Or will it damage the end product?

Hi All - has anyone tried storing the mixture after completing the instructions in the op? Meaning, store it as it comes out of the water bath with the flower and (reduced) alcohol in the jar, then shake every day or so and separate after let's say a week. Will this make any difference in the extraction at all? Or will it damage the end product?
Hi Jimbo... and welcome to the asylum. :smile:

The longer you leave the flower in the alcohol, the more chlorophyll you'll have in your final product. See @Vitolo 's post here.

Thank you momofthegoons, this makes sense

Also about the extraction temp, i believe it also has to do with the alcohol purity. I used 96% pure alcohol and at about 65c/150f the mixture was bubbling vigorously by the time it hit this temp

12. Extraction Temperature (revised)
I've had good success with extractions at 170 degrees fahrenheit. You'll note that my initial recipe called for maintaining temperature between 150 and 165. At 170 the alcohol mixture will be slightly boiling. Note that this is alcohol boiling not water boiling. Alcohol boils with very fine bubbles as opposed to the rolling boil of water. After 20 minutes the alcohol should be reduced by about half.

@Jimbo how did your experiment come out. Positive effects?

Hi Chandler! I have the reduced mix with the flower in the jar for almost a week now. The colour has noticeably changed to darker green because of the chloro. My plan is to keep it for at least one more week shaking the jar from time to time, and then do the OP process again to get a 'baseline' product to compare the effect. :smile:

Hi Chandler! I have the reduced mix with the flower in the jar for almost a week now. The colour has noticeably changed to darker green because of the chloro. My plan is to keep it for at least one more week shaking the jar from time to time, and then do the OP process again to get a 'baseline' product to compare the effect. :smile:
Welcome, @Jimbo. I hope you enjoy your stay at the Asylum.

OK, so... I compared the two (tincture that stayed over four weeks in the jar with the plant before extracting with the one extracted right after cool down)... Same dose, same plant on two consecutive evenings... Other than colour and taste there is no noticeable difference on the effect it had on me.

Posting this here even though it's not Green Dragon specific.

I'm set up with a card in my new area and I've been advised to create a tincture of a 1:1:1:1 ratio. CBD:CBDA:THC:THCA. I'll do this with mix of strains including a CBD strain like Cannatonic. Idea is to decarb half and leave the other be and grind and then put into a jar with Everclear. If I use a mix of 2oz worth of flower how much ethanol would you all recommend I use? I'm not reducing it in a bowl with a fan or using a distiller like the Green Oil Machine or Source afterwards. I'm thinking 8oz? The idea behind this tincture isn't to get blazed but to get more of the benefits out of the plant.

Thoughts?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back