Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Just received 100x 4.5mm glass balls and tried them in my Mighty J-hook, first impression was it reduced vapor and flavor.:uhoh: So for the second cap, I actually used a filled one this time:shakehead: This time was better, I am not sure if is that much cooler, maybe a bit? But it seems to smooth the vapor for a bit less tickle on the throat...early testing stage, I have another 100 on order (about $1) as 100 only half filled my small J-hook;
IMG_20190705_152107.jpg

Don't they look pretty?:biggrin:
I also have 100x5mm, 100x5.5mm and 100x6mm on order to try, all up I will have 400 mixed for about $5-6.
Just search for; the size you want and glass ball...eg 4.5mm glass ball, 6mm glass ball etc.

I'm still trying to figure out the glass cooling balls.

Thermal conductivity of glass is very low, it doesn't transfer much heat, that's why it works great for windows. So what gives the perception of cooled vapor? Increased surface area, vapor is condensing on the balls so less gets to your lungs? Smaller interior volume with glass beads so higher pressure changes and faster moving vapor? Surely it's not just more stoner science? Any thoughts?

much heat
That's right, not much, but some! it must be just the extra surface area and having to travel around the extra surface the same as the original CU makes the vapor travel further before hitting your lips. I have noticed a big clump of balls has already stuck itself together just above the screen in the WPA so it is at least robbing me of meds the same as the original CU...:thinker:...:sherlock:...:science:...:zzz:

One thing I have settled on with my Mighty is using capsules & no screen in the cooling unit. To keep things clean I swab out the well leading to the cooling unit with a Q tip every few capsules. Works a charm & cuts down on how often I need to clean the cooling unit. Just do it immediately after a session when the cunit is still warm.

Do you have any mouthpieces & adapters laying around @LesPlenty? I quite like using my Sheldon Black bubbler mouthpiece with a 14/14F adapter & 14mm Mighty GonG. All glass & all flavour. I am sure you can cobble something together Tasmanian MacGyver :biggrin::science:

I only use my mighty with the cu that comes with, no screen and with caps, plus a glass mp in place of the plastic
I like it like this and feel I get great taste and nice thick clouds
Not too much reclaim, I don't need to clean too often like this
When I do it goes in the iso reclaim jar for hash oil runs

Caps only here since I got this new one.:thumbsup: @Stevenski I only use the stock CU when out and about, always trying different J-hooks at home, the little one above just fits nice ergonomically and is my fav on it...for now. I used to swab my screenless original CU vapor entrance after using while hot but it was inside that would get blocked nearly as quickly and I was throwing away all those reclaim filled cotton buds. (i no longer consume reclaim but a friend loves it so I keep it for him)

Last edited:
Does the MIGHTY taste better than the CRAFTY?

Many, many times better my friend.

Decided to do a deep clean on all my Mighty parts & replaced the chamber screen & all O rings. Running like it is brand new again. If it has been a while treat your beast to a service. You won't regret doing so :thumbsup:.

Many, many times better my friend.
Does it? I thought they were supposed to be identical apart from Bluetooth, 1 battery instead of 2 and a bit smaller CU.:thinker:

Thank fuck for that, I thought I was going o have to get one.:dog:

So the crafty does taste the same as the mighty?

I still have not bought one as hoping to find a better or different out and about portable, but have been thinking I may need to get one

The viviant alternate looked good with the changeable battery before the cheap plastic issues

@Stevenski worried me there saying the mighty tasted better as I don't want a shit tasting crafty if I did get one

My mighty is great for outings, just a bit big to be as conspicuous and look like an ecig
Love the caps for this

Is there anything to beat a crafty for my needs and with caps?

I have used my OG Arizer Air at a couple of places where know-all pimply face teenagers say..Aw everyone uses E-cigs nowadays, no capsules, just pre-loaded stems!
I think a Crafty is probably best for your stated criteria...for now.:thumbsup:

I will point out outside the differences @LesPlenty pointed out between the Mighty & Crafty the only other difference might be marginally hotter vapour as it has a smaller cooling unit.

I've used a few vapes in public and no one has a clue
The mighty is just that bit bigger though and I'd rather not bring extra attention

F2 is great, GH is good, tera works, as does my black widow
But all need packing or the f2 caps suck

Mighty fine but a bit big

I didn't want to get a crafty but can't see a better option and I only knew of the differences listed

It was just stevenski post saying the mighty was heaps different tasting had me question

I still have been holding off a crafty hoping for something similar with better battery options, but may have to cave at some point

My mighty is used daily still and is a great vape in my top DDs list

So the crafty does taste the same as the mighty?

I still have not bought one as hoping to find a better or different out and about portable, but have been thinking I may need to get one

The viviant alternate looked good with the changeable battery before the cheap plastic issues

@Stevenski worried me there saying the mighty tasted better as I don't want a shit tasting crafty if I did get one

My mighty is great for outings, just a bit big to be as conspicuous and look like an ecig
Love the caps for this

Is there anything to beat a crafty for my needs and with caps?

I think a saionara beats a crafty for me anyway. The sai is about the size of a f,2 on a 75w mod.

It tastes better and hits harder. Cons are you should keep it upright so warmed concentrate doesn't leak out.

A pea size load will last more than 3 or more times longer than a crafty cap.

And you do use up concentrates. It has a larger dish than any pen I've seen. But i only load mine once a day usually. More when sharing.

I have used my OG Arizer Air at a couple of places where know-all pimply face teenagers say..Aw everyone uses E-cigs nowadays, no capsules, just pre-loaded stems!
I think a Crafty is probably best for your stated criteria...for now.:thumbsup:
Everyone is a expert in their own mind!

I don’t think flavor is important for some?

Food that taste like shit is ok for some!
CANNABIS use is different for some?

My mighty is used daily still and is a great vape in my top DDs list

This is one vape where the reality matches the hype. Very few vapes can make that claim I have found.

I don’t think flavor is important for some?

You would be spot on there mate. Don't get me wrong, flavour is nice but I am primarily after effects.

I think a saionara beats a crafty for me anyway. The sai is about the size of a f,2 on a 75w mod.

It tastes better and hits harder. Cons are you should keep it upright so warmed concentrate doesn't leak out.

A pea size load will last more than 3 or more times longer than a crafty cap.

And you do use up concentrates. It has a larger dish than any pen I've seen. But i only load mine once a day usually. More when sharing.
I've looked at the Sai since you have posted a few times
I still want a flower vape too

As for the Sai - you are saying it has to be held upright?... Is this whilst in your pocket too? If so it almost loses its portable appeal

I liked the sound of it till I heard you say that
Now I'm worried it will not help me if I can't pocket it and go with it preloaded

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back