Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued MVT2

Vapes no longer in production
It looks like you aren't 'sandwiching' the herb between two screens in this version..... Is that the case?

Really love the way these turned out. That little Bloodwood stripe is really eye catching. Nice work. :thumbsup:

final 2 MVT2 beta units ship tomorrow.
The major changes are the button, the airflow and the coil configuration.
I increased the airflow and positioned the intake around the perimeter of the coil. This should transfer heat evenly. The intake hole is on the bottom of the unit and can be carbed.
The coil is hotter but the increased air flow offsets that.
I'm happy with the way the MVT2 performs.
We should get some feedback by next week.

It looks like you aren't 'sandwiching' the herb between two screens in this version..... Is that the case?

Really love the way these turned out. That little Bloodwood stripe is really eye catching. Nice work. :thumbsup:
You can use the two screen method, I'm not using it in this pic.
thanks, it's actually fun to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is the production model of the MVT2, really only one small change from the betas. Normally I would wait for more feedback before I called it prod but I know this design is cranking really nicely. Of course if there are issues with the betas I'll address them.

First off, KUDOS on the new unit, it looks awesome. Here's a couple pics of my little mod(I think I'm done) Look at the screens I made, I took Boundless Tera mouthpiece screens and ground them to the exact size with a dremel, They work great , only have to clean them about every 10th bowl or so(Just brush every time) I will be hitting you up with a order for the new unit on ayday (The 1st of Aug) It'll be from Mark in NC

Oh and the Tera I bought, I gave to my sister, and kept the MVT. I'll never buy a Boundless product again.......

hey the image isn't showing, send me the link I would like to see it.
I have been blowing the stems out, if I do it when they are warm it clears them nicely and they stay cleaner longer. I just exhale into the stem while holding it over the trash or with a tissue loosely wrapped around the bowl end.

Well just lookie what arrived earlier today! My very own MVT2! What a nice little unit.

20180726_111725.jpg

For anyoen who is used to Milaana it's quite similar in operation. The biggest difference, outside of that flashy wood, is the 14mm stem. From a microdosing perspective thats now a bad thing. Also, as an added bonus, there's a wooden stemn which looks like it was designed for use in a bubbler. After breaking several Milaana glass stems I wound up with a few wooden ones. I'm pretty clumsy at the best of times, so wood is good.

Thanks for a great vape, he says, whilst sucking on a stemful of Cindy99 from a neighbour :)

20180726_105610.jpg

Last edited:
First impressions - it's a nicely built device, visually appealing and intuitive. The carb hole is easy to find, although I haven't used it much yet. One thing I've noticed, and a pic will follow (probably. sometime.) is that extraction is very even and very dark. It's pretty much the dark of coffee grounds if not careful. So very close to combustion, yet no combustion. It's mostly luck, but all the historical combustions may be teaching me something. Excellent heater. no turning between loads required.

I haven't shirt-pocketed it as yet, mostly because of the glass stem. Will flash up woody soon and see what performance is like while exploring trails and such.

@Killick glad you are liking it and thanks for posting. I increased the airflow a lot on this vs the MVT with the carb hole meant to give folks a way to moderate but I found that I don't need to carb. The increased airflow makes it harder to combust and easier to vape to a dark roast. There is a flavor line that you can cross, if you let it get too hot you can taste it. I do think this build makes it easier to control.
The build keeps the air path all maple, SS, glass so now I can use any nice wood for the frame and the flavor is still great. some of the exotic woods have a strong aroma and I've always worried about tainting the vapor flavor. This builds avoids that problem.

The airflow is perfect. I was surprised at how much you tamped a stem in one of the videos, but a solid tamp is good. I just reloaded with a friends Cinderella 99, and the flavour is kinda like licking the bud...

My vapes tend to get bashed around a bit, which is why I appreciate wooden stems. A thin coat of beeswax on the inside should help with off-taste. Does anyone make a 14mm stainless stem? Maybe a wooden tip with that would work for camping trips and such, saving glass for deck-side vaping?

PS - reloaded 6 or 7 times and battery is at 3.91 - not a bad run for nicely darkened loads. This is a really nice little vape you've put together - thanks :)

My vapes tend to get bashed around a bit, which is why I appreciate wooden stems. A thin coat of beeswax on the inside should help with off-taste. Does anyone make a 14mm stainless stem? Maybe a wooden tip with that would work for camping trips and such, saving glass for deck-side vaping?

You should check out @phattpiggie & his wooden creations. He makes beautiful stems from wood & acrylic but they have a S/S liner for easy cleaning. They cost a few $$ but I think they are worth it.

The MV2 looks a lot better finished than the Milaana in those pics above. Fancy woods too just make it sweeter.

This is something I just stumbled on and it seems to be working nicely. When the load is finished and warm take the stem out and cover the end loosely with a paper tissue and gently blow out the stem. If the stem is cooled down then try to get another hit just to warm it up then blow it out into a tissue

It's a great wee device. I'm quite pleased with it. Battery life is reasonable, and it hits as hard as you'd like it to hit. Harder if you're new to it, as it's certainly able to combust with a bit too much button.

About 11 seconds after I took this picture the unit dropped. I caught it, but the stem hit the floor and took a chunk out of the screen end. I'm officially out r of 14mm glass. Someone mentioned a couple of options for replacing glass with something a bit more durable, but I can't recall what it was or who posted it. A reminder would be most appreciated, por favor :)

20180906_113836.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back