Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow My current and first grow

I found baby pics:

12/8/18
AF4695E5-0BD9-4005-BAD8-605135B50EFF.jpeg

12/13/18
54EDC806-F7C0-4FF6-999C-6770C881C2AD.jpeg

926D41C5-8AC5-49A2-B791-1FEB16523CEC.jpeg

Sorry for the blurples...

It looks like you topped above the third inter-node and then topped each branch. Or did you also prune the first set of branches? (This always seem smaller than the others.)

Might have to try super cropping next time. What do you mean by accidental? The plant is very resilient, so this should work with a healthy plant. Read that stress also produces hotter chile peppers.

@Disrupt I really didn’t have a clue what I was doing. I can see a few mistakes in my topping, got a little carried away on some. The plant is pretty resilient because I’m sure I’d have killed off a more demanding strain already lol. They’re Dark Angel by CKS... I know not the best rated seed bank, but I’m learning.

Just curious by what you wrote

Is there a list of rated seed banks? Or somewhere to read about the various banks? Interesting read, I am sure. Where is it?
Sure there are few you could find with a google search. Seems like most would be false adds though. I’m just basing off recommendations on different grow sites and CKS is either not listed or told to avoid. The seeds seem to be doing fine though.

Dc seed exchange is an American based seed bank who will deliver quickly with a shit ton of freebies.
I am not affiliated with them in any way but I do see hazeman and at least two others using my gear............hazeman is a asshole but for the price you will be very,very happy.

@arb Yea I added them to my bookmarks and signed up for their newsletter for deals. I’m definitely going to try them for my fall grow. I was too quick to order form Nirvana last time before you responded lol. Hey they were $27 shipped for 5 OG kush Autos though.

You might wanna check out seed cellar. It's based in mi and now it says it's the biggest seed bank in the world. It's in Jackson mi. You can email them or call. Seed cellar. Their catalog is huge, thousands of seeds. They used to travel to our compassion club parties to sell seeds to patients, but now it's anyone, I guess.

@Disrupt , the best way to learn about a grow problem is to go through it,eh? I learned about mites years ago, a lesson I've never forgot, lost a whole crop.

In this state, mi, we really don't have a bad mold problem inside in winter unless you grow in a damp basement or something. A dehumidifier takes care of most problems, but at times it's pretty much out of the growers complete control. Like harvesting in my room in late August through mid sept. a time when it can be 90%+. I dont have ac. Then air circulation is key at 24 hr.

And I've dried herb in up to the mid eighties in humidity. Again air circulation helps when it's over about 75%. And for when it gets even higher humidity, I seal a room up and run a dehumidifier even if the room gets a hundred degrees. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I didn’t add all the details before I started posting my grow. So here’s a quick list for me to look back to.

Seeds: Dark Angel Fem (Crop King Seeds)
Containers: 3 gallon smart pots
Soil: Fox Farm Happy Frog
Fertilizer: Fox Farm Trio
PH Kit: General Hydroponics
Training: LST, topping and mini SOG.
Canopy: 7.5 square feet.
Lighting: Bestva 1000 w LED
Schedule: 18/6 ; 12:12
Flushed Nutrients on January 10 to combat nute burn.
Defoliated: January 20, 2019 day before 12/12.
RH: 57%- 64% for entire grow.
Temps: 64-75F
Seeds popped on 12/5/18 - Anticipating 100 days from seed to harvest.

Heading in the final week(s) into flower. So far it has been quite a learning experience. I plan on getting some updated pics here on Monday for you guys to see and maybe apply your much appreciated feedback. I plan on starting my next grow in the following weeks, pretty excited for it all really and glad you guys have been a part of this.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back