Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow My current and first grow

09A9F31D-8814-48A3-8E0A-7CDBB97E59F3.jpeg
5C7E05AD-B151-47D3-9CED-02B97E042DD4.jpeg
F38094A5-407B-4D56-AD1B-FB1C9D413B68.jpeg
6347B90C-F187-4591-84CE-A24E248787BE.jpeg

Nice............looks like about three more weeks or so.

Ya, I'd say at least a couple weeks. And no nutrients from here on out. The green leaves with burnt tips tells me they have had a lot of N. At harvest yellow leaves are fine, that shows the plants energy is devoted to the buds. The buds have by now stopped growing, but they will swell up, and get thick and dense.

If you harvest now you'll have less weight, and you'll get high, but the buzz won't last as long as if you gave it more time. You are getting near the finish line though. Good job!

The tent itself doesn't really do anything for smell control but it makes an easy way to have a nice clean, contained grow area, keep light out, and reflect your light back in. Running an exhaust fan with a carbon filter is what takes care of the smell.

I've noticed that many of you do not use tents. Is there a reason why you don't? I figured people used them to keep down smells, is there one that excels in smell control?

I was able to find a place in my house suitable enough for growing. I was going to get a tent if things got out of hand. I just notice some weird smells outside, and in garage at times. So maybe I have a leak somewhere. In the final stretch here, think Ill do some tweaking before the next mission. Im not a tweaker btw lol, maybe at a solid 8 rn..

The tent itself doesn't really do anything for smell control but it makes an easy way to have a nice clean, contained grow area, keep light out, and reflect your light back in. Running an exhaust fan with a carbon filter is what takes care of the smell.

Exactly. I'll just add it doesn't have to be a tent, but tents are quick, easy, and they work very well. I built a grow box that I grew in for some years out of wood, i designed it after seeing tents, but wanted it insulated, and a friend grew under a stairwell in a house with two teenagers, and they never knew.

I was able to find a place in my house suitable enough for growing. I was going to get a tent if things got out of hand. I just notice some weird smells outside, and in garage at times. So maybe I have a leak somewhere. In the final stretch here, think Ill do some tweaking before the next mission. Im not a tweaker btw lol, maybe at a solid 8 rn..

I've had smells leak out as well. I found running the fan/air filter 24/7 worked better than hooked to an exhaust fan on a timer. You get air burps when your exhaust shuts off at lights out that exit the intake. And this year I added an filter in my veg room. That helped too. But it is tough to completely eliminate smells from these stinky ass plants. And if your doing it right, they do stink.

So, most people use the tents for the ease, and to keep the plants in one area, right? So a cheap tent and a more expensive ( bare bones ) are basically the same? Maybe more rugged? Tents are designed for the small grower, from the pictures, I've seen? Would that be accurate? Thx

So, most people use the tents for the ease, and to keep the plants in one area, right? So a cheap tent and a more expensive ( bare bones ) are basically the same? Maybe more rugged? Tents are designed for the small grower, from the pictures, I've seen? Would that be accurate? Thx

While I have not researched tents in a long while, if I was interested I'd first look to reviews.

If you want to hang a light and maybe a fan/air filter combo, and a exhaust fan then sturdy is what you need. And it helps to have high quality zippers, light and air leak proof walls.

If you just want to make a space to grow, you can improvise something with panda film and duct tape. But you'll probably find tents are better.

Thanks Shredder. I am not interested in growing anything, you just hear so much about tents, and often see them in pictures. I guess, it just made me think about a tent in your house. If they worked that well. Heck, I don't even have a house plant in my house. But, I have tomatoes outside with Mango, Key Lime, Grapefruit, Star fruit, and Dragon fruit trees. My avocado died with the tidal surge. But, When avocados bloom, I'll get a seed. Thanks for taking the time.

Edit: Awesome pictures, gang!

I always thought the tent was just a way to maximize the effectiveness of a set space. Easy to cleanup, reflecting light in every sq/in of interior space, easy to ventilate. About the only drawback as far as I can see, unless it's sitting in the center of a room, you generally get cramped when having to work in a full tent (i.e. tent placed in the corner of the room preventing you from being able to open both sides and have more room to work on the outside). I also think it ends up being a cheaper solution if you dont have tools to build your own grow space.

Not all tents are created equal, the mars hydro tent I got a few years ago is way better than the iPower from Amazon. Better zippers, thicker tent material. We also use the grow tents to start out vegetables/herbs/annuals before the season starts for our outdoor garden.

Sorry for the lack of updates VA. I got a little busy with work and life. I’ve harvested already, probably should have marinated for another week. What a chore that was. It took me 3 hours to wet trim. I then hung them inside my grow area to dry for 2 days and after that I cut the stems down and placed the harvest into grocery paper bags for 3 days. Once they felt dry and I could pull the buds from the stems without strings I put them into glass jars to finish the cure. I have been burping 2 or 3 times a day, from 30 minutes to an hour. They seem to be on the right track. I’ve learned quite a bit during my first grow and am eager to start my next mission. I realize some of the areas that costed me some quantity.
FEF4F553-8498-4816-8E1B-BF9BC31BB865.jpeg
FAD996DE-3AA3-4159-AA48-71FD38132467.jpeg
BE3E93FD-634A-4846-B6F6-C022F3DEE6CC.jpeg

I ended up with a 7 oz harvest. I feel pretty good about that considering I had some costly mistakes.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back