Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Paying It Forward

Thursday- April 6th
Today we had a skype session with a couple living in Phoenix.
They are in their 40's .... so young to both have Cancer.
They met during radiation therapy a year ago, and have been together since.
Low on money, they used her Mom's computer to visit me.
I demonstrated some units, and today we sent them by USPS, a Vapor Brothers unit....
a Haze dual for concentrates and herbal use on the go, and an Adventurer as a portable to have a back-up, and a unit for each of them to have for when they are not with one another.
It went out priority mail today, and they will call once it arrives, and we will set up a skype session to answer any questions, and demo any details that they are uncertain of.
Packing these and getting to the Post Office took most of the morning, but it was well worth it.
They were very excited when we video conferenced, and I was also. They were so anxious to have a vape (their Doctor recommended it), and I was so relieved to help them.
I will report back and share the details this week.
Much love to all of you!

Hey @Vitolo , I have a couple of Indica's if you can use them. I've never liked them and maybe used them once or twice. They did send an extra because I said they had a bad taste , wasn't patient enough to ride it out. Will take a week or so to get to the P.O. but PM me your addy again.
The eagle has landed, and you could not be thanked enough for your sharing and caring.
All set up now these units should have a destination in short order!
Stay tuned.... I'll tell you all about it~

@momofthegoons ..... THE bad girl of forum Administration (it's a good thing!)
I received the package you sent, and you have gotten things here off to a great start of the day.
I now have a couple of Zaps ready to go, thanks to the transformers you sent. The other goodies were amazing additions,
that will round out existing patients tools very well.
The Divine Crossing stuff is right up the alley for a patient that is very good with his eyes and hands... but confined to home for his paralysis.
He loves his pens, and he loves to tinker, and I can hardly wait to present it.
The portables will get out in short order, as will the variety of parts and atomizers you so generously sent.

All of you can feel good about Paying it forward, and about this thread.
Even if you are not in a position to participate, you and the reading of posts here adds strength and support.
Cheering on our work, adds to the Universal Consciousness which shines a light upon the troubled, and reveals where the help is needed most.

A friend introduced us to the Catholic Worker Movement (called CWC for Catholic Worker Community), proliferated by Dorothy Day , in her plight to feed the poor. We learned there is a CWC place here called Casa Maria.
(see http://www.casamariatucson.org/)
Since that day we first went and saw their soup kitchen, Patty and I have been harvesting bags of Giant Swiss Chard, and Blue Kale, and delivering these huge bags to Bryan the guy that runs the show.
It keeps poor folks fed and healthy.
Even when we do not have a large bag full, we think about them.... same deal....
We arouse the Universal Consciousness by thinking of them, and wishing good for them.

Last edited:
Time to report in to my Forum Family about the "movement".
It has been a week of paying it forward and almost a dozen units went out this week.
On Monday we met with 2 patients from Phoenix, that we met in a Safeway Parking Lot. What can I say, we were scared to have people we never met from another city in our home. They brought their cards with them, and I explained that I needed to see them to know they were covered, in the event they got stopped for paraphernalia.
They got vaporizers for themselves, and another older couple in their area.
EZ Vape, VaporBlunt 2, Hydrotube for the "blunt", 2 Haze units and 2 Xmax pros went to two homes for use with 4 patients. They were very pleased and surprised by the way the interaction went, as was I. I got hugged by two new patients, that live a couple hundred miles away!
Man with crippling arthritis in hands, elbows and shoulder bursitis was here at our home on Tuesday and left with a Boundless CFX (The one that was donated with the screen in place of the usual metal "filter") He got an Adventurer also to test out, but has told me the water feature made him nervous, so it is coming home to us this week.
Wednesday we had our patient friend with Fybromyalgia over. They got a 5 pack of Yocan Torch replacement coils that were donated by a local buyer whom I introduced to the folks at Yocan Technologies.
Thursday… Yesterday, we got to see one of my favorite patients was here. A Chemo survivor (5 times!!) he was given an EZ Valve set for his Volcano, along with a rebuild kit, and 3 new bags. Along with that he was sent home with a battery charger, and two new single coil wax carts. I knew that a wax pen, and a volcano left a hole for outside the house vaping, so he was given a Solo as well.
I did not wish to deplete the supplies of units, and I knew he would require one more plug-in desktop. I gave him my Vapor Brothers unit, knowing that I would replace it in time.
A final gift for a chemo survivor.
An indica Vape, a Vapor Brothers box vape, and a Vapor brothers wooden grinder. This Vapor Brothers unit came in from an anonymous donor with a regular whip/wand and a ceramic one.
Man left here feeling rich.
Most of my units have names.
When I introduce a unit by name, it makes the experience a lot more personal.
It tells them that I am intimately familiar with the tool, and they are not taking home a free handout…..
No… It is different than that.
This is me sending a personal friend home with a patient.
A piece of me goes home with them.
MORE IMPORTANT.....
It is them feeling the Universal Consciousness of all the helpers and donors, and members of VaporAsylum as the wind beneath their wings.

Today... Friday We go to a weekly stay hotel to see Sammy. We have gotten him into a room that has a bed the same height as his wheelchair, so he can work further on transferring.
He will sign a paper making us authorized representatives, and we will then go get his Bank statement. After that we will hand deliver the statements and an application I have filled out for him to be accepted on Arizona's Long Term Care System, so he can be helped financially to get better housing, and the end goal of that as you know is to get Sammy an MMJ card.

Last edited:
I test out each unit I am sent for a while so I know it's weaknesses and also how long I can expect a patient to keep it.
@OldOyler your Vivant was thoroughly tested, and it had no issues that some complained of... I liked it so well, I got one from another
person that was not crazy about it to use for myself. I just wanted you to know that your Alternate (Vivant) went this morning to live with a Pair of Seniors with cards.... Sisters!
On in their years they moved together and became MMJ patients... one for advanced arthritis and the other Glaucoma.
Thanks for introducing me to the Vivant!

@VaporsVaporizer one of the Indicas went to the other sister. It reminded of her late (passed 35 years ago) husbands lighter.:smile:
Two deeds done in one interaction, on Sunday morning by 9 A.M.
Guided by your caring and generosity, I am humbled.
May your Sunday shine!

Andre is a patient that Patty and I are sensitive about. He is young and has a a rare form of Neutrapenia
He has had it since infancy. He gets ill easily and wears a mask in public.
We got him a Yocan Torch that was donated... new.. unopened.
he was really happy. We always have good talks... funny how facing death matures a kid.
I will tell you about that visit... and then about last night (Mothers's Day)
His girlfriend drove him here...
After the visit he brought in his 3 year old son in to meet us.
We hugged and talked, and Patty loaded him down with vegetables.
He kept calm composure as we asked after his health.
His lips quivered a bit as he said.... "It was just the roll of the dice, that I am the one... I will be OK, and if it is my time then that's how it is"
I have been given his permission to post his image, to show how happy he was with his new tool.
First he tried mine, for the intended purpose of being shown a new device:
DSC04503.jpg

Then he was handed a new box (already charged for him) and told it was his:
DSC04504.jpg

Patty and I both get to sleep a little easier that night, knowing that this young man is wearing that smile.
Sometimes a smile is all you need.
I will rest assured that he is in a more comfortable state this evening.
He called last evening.
His torch had died, and he was going to start using flower again.
Patty and I felt so blessed to have been able to celebrate our anniversary and go out, that we wanted to be sure this young man was treated right.
Andre has Neutropenia
His family has stepped up in every possible way..... Mother will donate bone marrow, and others will help with children during treatment.... His oldest son also has this disorder, and they will have to be kept apart during treatment.
What is a Vaporist to do?
We had Andre here last night.
We replaced his Torch atomizer.
He was given 2 top caps for the torch atomizers for carefree use and easy change.
Psychological well being is most integral at a time like this.
He took with him, a Dr. Dabber set....intact, and
a Vapor Brother's Vaporizer fully loaded and with warranty.
Once again, we get that all too rare feeling that all is right in our Universe...
and that someone worse off than ourselves gets a leg up onto the trolley car of inner peace.
Andre will go home tonight and glow at the miracle of his new equipment.
Patty and I will glow knowing that I gave Andre a great variety of tools to use for medication, and Patty gave him a list of community resources for the care of his child during treatment.
The Bone marrow transplant is in a few weeks, then there will be some radiation and other perfunctory procedures that follow this sort of thing.
I have left the stories out for a few recipients of the past week, because of complications in our legal and medical existence.... but the story of last night's visit with Andre can not be left out, because his stock of medicinal potential was provided by forum members.
Go team PIF.
We know how to pay it forward, and that is how we like it!
Thank you all.
Thanks for your support..... and even more than that...
Thank you for reading this.
There are dozens of "Andres" out there.
We can get to one at a time, but we would be hampered, and "all talk" if not for you, who have granted us tools to step up to the plates of many patients that would be without if not for the family I am addressing right now.... YOU!

Peace vitolo!

Any interest in "iPower GLBBAG5X8 5-Gallon 8-Bag Herbal Ice Bubble Hash Bag Essense Extractor Kit".

Too work intensive for me, going rosin press eventually.

Peace!

(pic below, in a bag that had some OTHER brand name on it, just fyi!)

Attachments

• bubble_bag_kit.jpg
    bubble_bag_kit.jpg
    841.4 KB · Views: 138
Thanks for asking!
Not much of a wish list...I have tools that I am working with, and I suppose some need parts.
I could use:
  • a few 18650 Batteries
  • a charger or 2 for 18650
  • A stem or two for Vapolution
  • a couple of Solo Batteries
  • and of course I can always use Arizer Solos
A good deal of patient contact was made this week, so I regroup now and look at what has been depleted.

Last week a couple from 110 miles away contacted us. Both Cardholders, they had gotten a Solo from us 6 years ago... Before we had a thread to share the excitement of helping others.
The Solo apparently had started giving short sessions and dying......
Without diagnosing, I assumed it was the Battery.
I had a new Solo Battery that was from PuffitUp, and so I told him to come in for a Battery exchange. (Luckily I did not mark the dreaded X on the battery to designate it for disposal "you X'd batteries all look alike to me") They did the battery exchange and I gave him a new Solo stem .... his was cracking.
This week I got a call his Solo was functioning the same.... He brought it in, and I was able to salvage back my new battery!...... His Solo had blown a circuit, beyond my presently ever worsening vision and dexterity's ability to repair. I'm not whining.. swear to the Lord above I am "doin' it" (growing older) gracefully....
Just as far as fixing vaporizers .... I was a whiz and in spite of moderate to severe spasticity I could solder and hold a tweezer.
Now with TWO pairs of 3X reading glasses worn one over the other as though they were bifocals... both fixed for astigmatism, and with prisms for double vision...
I can with effort read instructions!:myday:

My hands shake worse also.
It's all good... no repairs were in his future. His Solo put in it's time.
By good fortune from a recent donation (I hope I thanked you enthusiastically enough. your units are always in showroom condition) from a member that likes to remain anonymous, I had a Solo in NEW condition with all parts sitting in my room.
Since being more mindful about how things appear to outsiders, we travel more, and we space out visits with patients.
We have been very blessed lately.
The donations from members have been keeping us with a variety for patients to select from.
Since we have been so fortunate, and were in a particularly humbled mood, to see these two patients, both using the Solo for all that time.. (we lost track of some friends after the "incident").
We have been witness to "what goes around, comes around" a couple hundred times over.
The Solo went accompanied by A Flowermate Mini for her, and A Focus Adventurer for Them to experiment with and share.
It felt like a good thing to do for a two card household!
During the past week, an unopened, sealed XMaxV2 Pro found it's way into the hands of a chemo patient that has made do with the Magic Flight Launch Box we gave him in 2012! He came to get Batteries, but I found his screen to be worn on one side, so we got him approved for a warranty replacement on the MFLB... a new pair of MFLB Batteries.. and the XMaxV2 will hold him until the new box arrives.
Going back to growing old... even with glasses on I could not see the worn screen until I took a picture
and saw it blown up to screen size!
Much love to all of you.
New stuff is happening every day around here.
When it's great, I will share it right here!
Thanks for reading.

Last week a couple from 110 miles away contacted us. Both Cardholders, they had gotten a Solo from us 6 years ago... Before we had a thread to share the excitement of helping others.
The Solo apparently had started giving short sessions and dying......
Without diagnosing, I assumed it was the Battery.
I had a new Solo Battery that was from PuffitUp, and so I told him to come in for a Battery exchange. (Luckily I did not mark the dreaded X on the battery to designate it for disposal "you X'd batteries all look alike to me") They did the battery exchange and I gave him a new Solo stem .... his was cracking.
This week I got a call his Solo was functioning the same.... He brought it in, and I was able to salvage back my new battery!...... His Solo had blown a circuit, beyond my presently ever worsening vision and dexterity's ability to repair. I'm not whining.. swear to the Lord above I am "doin' it" (growing older) gracefully....
Just as far as fixing vaporizers .... I was a whiz and in spite of moderate to severe spasticity I could solder and hold a tweezer.
Now with TWO pairs of 3X reading glasses worn one over the other as though they were bifocals... both fixed for astigmatism, and with prisms for double vision...
I can with effort read instructions!:myday:

My hands shake worse also.
It's all good... no repairs were in his future. His Solo put in it's time.
By good fortune from a recent donation (I hope I thanked you enthusiastically enough. your units are always in showroom condition) from a member that likes to remain anonymous, I had a Solo in NEW condition with all parts sitting in my room.
Since being more mindful about how things appear to outsiders, we travel more, and we space out visits with patients.
We have been very blessed lately.
The donations from members have been keeping us with a variety for patients to select from.
Since we have been so fortunate, and were in a particularly humbled mood, to see these two patients, both using the Solo for all that time.. (we lost track of some friends after the "incident").
We have been witness to "what goes around, comes around" a couple hundred times over.
The Solo went accompanied by A Flowermate Mini for her, and A Focus Adventurer for Them to experiment with and share.
It felt like a good thing to do for a two card household!
During the past week, an unopened, sealed XMaxV2 Pro found it's way into the hands of a chemo patient that has made do with the Magic Flight Launch Box we gave him in 2012! He came to get Batteries, but I found his screen to be worn on one side, so we got him approved for a warranty replacement on the MFLB... a new pair of MFLB Batteries.. and the XMaxV2 will hold him until the new box arrives.
Going back to growing old... even with glasses on I could not see the worn screen until I took a picture
and saw it blown up to screen size!
Much love to all of you.
New stuff is happening every day around here.
When it's great, I will share it right here!
Thanks for reading.
Hey @Vitolo you are one of the first people I talked to when I got sick.
Thank you for hearing me out and making me a honest person.
Now my wife buy's me as much CANNABIS as I need. (kind of a lot?)
Let me go through my VAPORIZER's and see what I can send you!

In my thoughts!

I remember.
You were inquisitive, and very "up front" about your needs (honest)
My experiences with you = civilized
For those who do not speak ataxian, ...: "any time spent with you was cool"

Wish list:
A couple of standard EZ Vape wands. They can be VaporBrothers wands also.
Anything like this will do:
s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l500-1.jpg

Which leads me into today's story.
I post on Facebook as MMJ Vaporist I regularly remind low income patients to contact me for a healthier and more economic means of using meds. I inform them that they do not need money.
Someone reached out, and we spoke on the phone.
Vietnam Veteran who got his MMJ Card for PTSD.
After he already had his card, 3 years ago the patient had a fall and wound up in a coma.
He takes care of his grandkids to boot.
An old time standup guy!
Due to our own PTSD and not having met him, Patty drove me to his home, where he was taught to use a vapor brothers box vape, and he was presented with an IMag plus to keep handy as a side-arm in his war against the conditions that keep him from feeling as he once did.
Both units in this case were not brand new.
Both are tried and true however, and he knows to contact me for any quirks or monkey-wrenches in the machinery of smooth vaping.
This is his first experience vaping, and I figure these units are foolproof and expect positive results.
As always.. I think you humbly for reading what is going on here at the Vapor Trail!

Through discussion on FB, about obtaining vaporizers, I ran into a lady my own age.
A Card holding patient, who has had cancer, and a half dozen surgeries around that in the past 3 years.
Her last surgery was recent, and she wants to vaporize.
She has vaporized before.....
Her Mom has a Volcano, and before her rough financial situation she owned and LOVED a Vapir NO2.
An hour long consultation over the phone, helped me to understand her needs.
She medicates all day... and when on the road, so we arranged a Skype session to demo what she would be doing... and I gave her links to a few videos.
She will receive by mail, a donated VaporBrothers box, and she will get a portable with it.
She wants her portable to be unround, and not easily confused with an e-cig.
She asked for it to be the form factor of a deck of cards.
She does not want a tight draw. (I originally was thinking CFX, but that changed my thinking)
I am waiting for her response today which will tell me which portable to send to her with her desktop.
She gets to choose between an Odin by TopBond, or she can have the Smite by Zeus.
Both function in a way that she will find easy. I described the flaws and good parts of each, and she will watch many videos, and will be reading about both units on the forums.
I check FB at intervals to see what she has decided, but she is watching vids and reading reviews before making a choice.
I like that.
Think before you decide.
I am trying to get her to join the forum to learn and participate.
I will pop back in and tell you all what portable she has selected.
Thanks for allowing me to share!

Last edited:
We had a number of visits since my last post.
Sometimes it is hard to get to this thread and spell out all that has happened, but I love to share moments that make Patty and my consciences feel like we have done something really right.
Yesterday, we got to visit with a patient that has been a friend for a number of years..
He has a myriad of health conditions that qualify him as a patient, and things go sometimes from bad to worse for him.
He had a damaged spine, which prevents him from turning his head in either direction.
He drives anyway, and has had a few fender benders..... one of which hurt his lower spine a few years ago.
He has leg issues, one of which are growths behind the patella in the knee, that have been removed twice, and came back, and found to be cancerous.
Now he is in chemo for the Cancerous tissue in his knees.
His Pain was what he was always treated for, and what I tried to help with.
Now like me his worst enemy has become Nausea, after each chemo session.
He has the tools for medicating, but has been using makeshift pieces because he did not want to "bother" us ... he thought we had enough on our plate trying to recover from the Police action of a couple years ago..
He came over yesterday, and left with a collection of replacement parts for his Solo, E-cig type pen, his wax pen, and his SSV.
He got:
  • 2 solo stems -one bent and one straight
  • screens for same.
  • Battery for his e-cig
  • new atomizers for his Dabbler
  • New hose for SSV
  • Miniwand from Vapor Warehouse for his SSV (his preferred wand).
  • Some Candy that I eat when I get sick, to help with his Nausea.
  • Patty brought in a few Armenian Cucumbers and Bok Choy for him to bring home.
And he left with a big smile.
More people that feel unwell need to be given a reason to smile.
Seeing them smile, makes me breath easier.
Patty loves sharing her vegetables.
We both slept well last night.
Thanks for reading~

Thank you for hearing me out and making me a honest person.
Now my wife buy's me as much CANNABIS as I need. (kind of a lot?)
Let me go through my VAPORIZER's and see what I can send you!

In my thoughts!
I will send my new vaporizers I never usewd much.

There nice vaporizer's just not for me.
Some say I'm: CIVILIZED
Some say not all: CIVILIZED
CANNABIS = CIVILIZED

CIVILIZED = FREE THINKING
3jVqIwg.jpg
PD7AKkr.jpg

Can't wait for my plug-in's!

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back