Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Thank you @Hawaii Johnny it's never a problem putting together some video and pictures. I can't wait to get some more done.

Many thanks to @VGOODIEZ for the continued support, what will I do next

Not quite yet @felvapes unfortunately I've been too busy. I can tell you the original heater just wasn't up to the job. It produced vapor but not enough. I've now upped the wattage and have to tame it. Better too much power with the ability to turn it down.
I'm going to dedicate some time to it and the other ongoing projects otherwise they will never get done.

Here you go @felvapes.
Elm Burr with Blackwood and Red Mallee stem. Headed out for some testing tomorrow.
IMG_20220201_133740.jpg
IMG_20220201_125735.jpg

Hey ! Keep us posted. That big bowl looks nice. I dont have one of your pieces yet. That will change sooner than later.

Is that a Cedar cap on the bottom of the log in last pic ? If so are you able to turn Cedar with the same tools you use on other wood ?

If I havent missed it in the past, U & Ed need to do a collaboration piece ? I want 1st dibs or bid ! This could be a good thing for you both & the community.

I am capable of following through with any bid I give. I'm thinking, hoping, my starting bid would help any collaboration piece you two did bring the money you both deserve. If I didn't end up with it.

I'm sick & tired of seeing glass with little work or function, bring STOOPID prices. You & Ed both have been within the community for years quietly doing your thing, while making Working Art out of wood.

For me personally, it would be super cool to see you two come together with something ?

Last edited:
@Hawaii Johnny thank you, I'd forgotten about those. Bocote lends itself so well to the file.

@Riverrat wow indeed, a great reminder of what it is I love doing.
@Ed's TnT and I have spoken about a few things in the past. I'm sure it'll happen again.
The base on the Elm piece is Purpleheart but taken from a sheet so you see the end grain.

@felvapes that stem is 14mm but they can be any length or joint size.
I'm lucky to have some great people at hand for feedback and they vape flowers. The idea turns my stomach.
The Elm lands tomorrow with the first.
5 heater cores were machined and they will be assembled as and when. I've some fanfukintastic ideas for the aesthetics.
Core 2 is going to be the dogs.

@momofthegoons you and me both. Still a way to go but so far so good. The hunt for nice blanks has begun.

The first one of these looked pants, it just didn't fit the bill.
Olivewood Revolve with a long MP section.
IMG_20220222_164824.jpg

Had another 'that would look nice' moment.
Blackwood with Bocote. The accents are cut from a sheet so you get to see the great looking end grain.
IMG_20220222_131208.jpg

IMG_20220222_210340.jpg

I've done so much since last here but this one wins outright.
And on my anniversary, today in 2016 I took up turning full time.

For now it's called
The 'Not A Vapcap, Anvil, FMJ, Vapman, Danivape Vape'
NAVCFMJVMDV Vape for short.

Many thanks to everyone who supported me in the beginng and all who show support today.

I've done so much since last here but this one wins outright.
And on my anniversary, today in 2016 I took up turning full time.

For now it's called
The 'Not A Vapcap, Anvil, FMJ, Vapman, Danivape Vape'
NAVCFMJVMDV Vape for short.

Many thanks to everyone who supported me in the beginng and all who show support today.

Ooooooo
Keen for more information

@felvapes this is a prototype made with modified off the shelf parts to prove the concept.

The main body, bowl and vapour path are titanium. No copper because as we've seen that's just a law suit in the making.
I can't go into too much detail as it'll end up copied by one of the 'I lack my own imagination' crew.
No patent being applied for because apparently they aren't worth shit unless the end product is worth 25 million.

Works with green and extracts. So far I've only tried a VM torch.

As you'd expect the stem gets hot but that's going to happen with any vape you heat for this long. A solution is in the works.
If it goes into production some simple tools will be included to allow for back to back use. The bowl section cools quickly but the main body stays hot for a while, not as long as a lump of SS.

Fits any 8mm ID stem.

Could be clickified but that's not a priority.

As is the bowl is roughly VC capacity, wider but not as deep. I'm looking into a larger bowl idea as well.
Even roast with no stirring required.

IH compatibility is also in the works.

It seems to have a convection bias.
I found when using rayon in a VC the material pressed up against the bowl walls darkens and that's not happening here. I'm sure it will if heat is applied closer to the load.

The rayon used in this bowl turned a light sand colour on top and an off white colour at the point of contact.

@felvapes this is a prototype made with modified off the shelf parts to prove the concept.

The main body, bowl and vapour path are titanium. No copper because as we've seen that's just a law suit in the making.
I can't go into too much detail as it'll end up copied by one of the 'I lack my own imagination' crew.
No patent being applied for because apparently they aren't worth shit unless the end product is worth 25 million.

Works with green and extracts. So far I've only tried a VM torch.

As you'd expect the stem gets hot but that's going to happen with any vape you heat for this long. A solution is in the works.
If it goes into production some simple tools will be included to allow for back to back use. The bowl section cools quickly but the main body stays hot for a while, not as long as a lump of SS.

Fits any 8mm ID stem.

Could be clickified but that's not a priority.

As is the bowl is roughly VC capacity, wider but not as deep. I'm looking into a larger bowl idea as well.
Even roast with no stirring required.

IH compatibility is also in the works.

It seems to have a convection bias.
I found when using rayon in a VC the material pressed up against the bowl walls darkens and that's not happening here. I'm sure it will if heat is applied closer to the load.

The rayon used in this bowl turned a light sand colour on top and an off white colour at the point of contact.
Love the sounds of how it functions : )
And that it is copperless.....
Also keen on the IH compatibility
Keep us updated mate
Cheers for sharing

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back