Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

I have not looked yet, so thanks for the leads. My wife and I both have lots of pre existing conditions, so I'm afraid that it's not going to look pretty. I havn't joined AARP yet either, but if I can save some bucks, I'm all in, lol.
My husband and I have pre existing conditions as well and there was no issue. And there are other discount advantages from AARP. Hell.. if we have to go through the crap we do getting old we may as well take advantage of senior discounts. :dog:

Funny, but was just chatting with a recently retired ER nurse about a local (really decent, retired, but still does coverage for doctors on vacation) doctor. His funny joke : Whats the difference between God and a doctor? God doesn't think he's a doctor... I'm being flip, as is my decided bent towards smart-assery, but thank goodness for the good doctors! 15/16ths of them suck using Moms math, so when you find that 1/16th you kinda want to keep him/her/whotzit close...

Last Saturday I treated myself to a night out. Thought it would be weird going by myself but it wasn't.
I went to the Acorn Theatre in Three Oaks Michigan to see a Tom Petty tribute band called the Petty Breakers. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little skeptical of these guys, as I am of all tribute bands (excluding Brit Floyd), but I had a great time!
If you like Tom Petty, I highly recommend seeing the Petty Breakers if they're in your area.

http://www.thepettybreakers.com/thePettyBreakers/Home.html

http://www.thepettybreakers.com/thePettyBreakers/Schedule.html

http://www.thepettybreakers.com/thePettyBreakers/Video.html

image.jpg
Feeling on the nervous side. I need to kick up the vaporizing. I just ground up some GrapeApe and I just loaded the Enano. I’m having my left knee operated on tomorrow. I’m getting another knee joint. I’ve been painting river rocks as a hobby lately. I thought I would give out some rocks to the nurses.

I’m having my left knee operated on tomorrow. I’m getting another knee joint. I’ve been painting river rocks as a hobby lately. I thought I would give out some rocks to the nurses.
Yikes.... that came up quickly! I wish you all the best with this surgery. But you're a strong woman and know what's ahead. You can do this. :nod:

Love the rocks... and that's a really nice gesture.

View attachment 3972 Feeling on the nervous side. I need to kick up the vaporizing. I just ground up some GrapeApe and I just loaded the Enano. I’m having my left knee operated on tomorrow. I’m getting another knee joint. I’ve been painting river rocks as a hobby lately. I thought I would give out some rocks to the nurses.

Best of luck, see you soon!

What a way to celebrate the fourth, eh?

So... I'm out for dinner tonight....

Mind you there's slim pickings where I'm at. There's nothing that resembles fine dining. And you are lucky to get decent food at any of the restaurants up here (except breakfast and even that can be dicey). So my husband tells me that there's a clubhouse at the golf course he goes to that serves a decent burger. Okay. I'll try anything once.

I may have to reassess that.

Our dinner was okay. Just a cheeseburger at the bar with a beer. Nothing fancy. But as we're sitting there we can't help but notice that things are a bit... askew.. with the wait staff, owner, etc. People are complaining right and left about having asked for their bill a 1/2 hour prior, food that hasn't been served... the waitress leaning over the bar for something and putting her armpit nearly in my glass....

And then the owner comes out and decides he's going to help bar tend. Makes a drink. Takes his glasses off the top of his head and uses the temple stem to stir the drink. Then licks the stem and puts the glasses back on top of his head.

:facepalm2:

I think we've hit a new low. :disgust:

Mind you there's slim pickings where I'm at. There's nothing that resembles fine dining. And you are lucky to get decent food at any of the restaurants up here (except breakfast and even that can be dicey). So my husband tells me that there's a clubhouse at the golf course he goes to that serves a decent burger. Okay. I'll try anything once.

Our dinner was okay. Just a cheeseburger at the bar with a beer. Nothing fancy. But as we're sitting there we can't help but notice that things are a bit... askew.. with the wait staff, owner, etc. People are complaining right and left about having asked for their bill a 1/2 hour prior, food that hasn't been served... the waitress leaning over the bar for something and putting her armpit nearly in my glass....

And then the owner comes out and decides he's going to help bar tend. Makes a drink. Takes his glasses off the top of his head and uses the temple stem to stir the drink. Then licks the stem and puts the glasses back on top of his head.

That is unacceptable. So many health code violations lol
I use to be a server for years so this really bugs me.
If it were me I'd never go back...and report it.

View attachment 3972 Feeling on the nervous side. I need to kick up the vaporizing. I just ground up some GrapeApe and I just loaded the Enano. I’m having my left knee operated on tomorrow. I’m getting another knee joint. I’ve been painting river rocks as a hobby lately. I thought I would give out some rocks to the nurses.
Oh dang...just noticed this Carol. Best of luck with your new knee. Do come back and tell us how you are doing, please.

nd then the owner comes out and decides he's going to help bar tend. Makes a drink. Takes his glasses off the top of his head and uses the temple stem to stir the drink. Then licks the stem and puts the glasses back on top of his head.

This is not a joke...really? Wow, I've been in some dives in my life and time but not sure I have ever seen anything like that....well, the thumb on the inside of your glass while fixing your drink...but wtf, you have to hold the glass somehow! hahaha

Did you hear banjos playing, lol.

I'm in an opposite type of place. A lot of good dining, but high prices, and packed places. The old hole in the wall bars that used to be up here, are now kitschy restaurants that the tourists have to check off their list. For us a couple local brews ($4.50 per glass) and a nice meal ($17-30+) gets pricey. As a result we go during the week or in off seasons, although its never really off season, lol.

A close by place we like offers 20% off gift cards in nov, so I buy a card every year, so that helps. Our favorite sandwich, a prime rib sandwich went from $9.99 last year, to 10.99, then 11.99 and now is 12.99. All in one year. But man is it ever good. And with a frosty blueberry craft brew its heaven.

Holy shit Mom! My jaw hit the floor when I read the part about the glasses! I've never seen anything like that before! Also maybe we've rushed to judgement - the armpit in the glass may just have been their way of zesting up the cocktails? :dog:

I laughed out loud when I read the armpit nearly in your glass thing - it is the laughable kind of unbelievable! I've definitely had problems with wait staff who don't understand personal space, but that takes it to another level! Here's to hoping you do finally find a nice place for a meal nearby Mom :peace:

Last edited:
Going to start the Hibiclens protocol in a couple days in prep for my surgery so I got my bottle out. Granted it's from my last surgery so it's a few year's old but....

Since when did soap expire? :thinker:
As a person with an incurable auto immune disease I can tell you that Hibiclense has been a very, positive, force of my life. It protects me from many bad things . . .

Never get it in your eyes.

Well i finally recieved my prize from the 710 giveaway...
And im very very happy with them...
I never thought id have enough uses for such a varied array of tools... but they all have their uses.. and it amazing how much cleaner you can be with the correct tools..

So thanks @momofthegoons for running these competitions and giving us chance to win these cool prizes...

So here is my skillettools dab tool set and mat....
20180729_185026.jpg

20180729_185050.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back