Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

So watching TV, or rather spouse is while I surf the phone. And ears perked for a walkthrough on how a type of healthy tea is made. Grown on a special place, with special processes, and is linked with special properties. This sounds somehow familiar... Anyhoo...

Matcha tea... Made of the higher plant leaf tops from special shrubs, high in antioxidants, polyphenols, chlorophyll, thianine.

Grown in clean soil, harvested in a specific way to protect and maintain a variety of nutrients and such.

Harvested, then gently heated using steam, dried, then powdered. Mixed with hot water and whipped, (prevents clumping) and drank. Around $30/Oz.

In much the same that a whole apple is better than apple juice, it's better than normal tea as it uses whole plant, as opposed to steeping, disposing of the solids.

Has anyone tried what I can only suspect should be called Catcha? Thoughts? It's this the same as making coffee with a scoop of kief? And why did spell checker just change coffee to whatco? Wtf is whatco?

Has anyone tried what I can only suspect should be called Catcha? Thoughts? It's this the same as making coffee with a scoop of kief?
I've tried it once. And that was enough for me. It was like drinking hot hay; complete with a bit of a granular consistency. I'm sure it has benefits and is better for you since it's whole plant. But I can't get past the taste. Not for me.

And why did spell checker just change coffee to whatco? Wtf is whatco?
:rofl:

They suggested it be mixed and blended a special way to make it drinkable. The part that cater my attention was that the entire process, from plant to harvest to prep to use, looked like a cannabis harvest and process. Until the drinking. I think this is worth an experiment. Taste and texture can be controlled, provided the concept is sound. Sciencey stuff will follow :)

And why did spell checker just change coffee to whatco? Wtf is whatco?

We drink whatco round these parts instead of coffee. I am not sure of your question? Did you want a glass of whatco?

whatco-gets-you.jpg

I broke down and bought my third pen vape. I don't really like them, well other than the convenience.

I kept one on my nightstand for hits to help with sleep. My wife hid it cause of company a while back and when I retrieved it the battery was dead. The battery had to be ordered and was $34.

Instead I bought a yocan evolve plus and had the local head shop give me ceramic atomizers instead of the installed quartz rod coils that come with it. It was $29. And I've been surprised in how much I like it.

For one it doesn't have a glass mouthpiece to break, like my last pen vape had, the bowl is bigger and easier to load, and my biggest surprise has been the taste stays good throughout. My last vape tasted good for a couple hits, then it was pretty much vaping reclaim.

A friend has one and uses the coils and gets huge clouds. Mine doesn't produce clouds like his, but tastes much better, and loads last longer.

I'm only on my third fill up, so it's a bit early, but I've been pleasantly surprised. Maybe old dogs can learn new tricks, lol.

The windows and door are open, and then you hear the sirens. A picture of blood and gray matter on the wall flash into your brain. The relief that it's finally over is comforting.

Her: "Hello."
Me: "I'm going to kill myself."
Her:"What are you doing?"
Me: "Eating an organic apple. They're on sale at Whole Foods."
Her: "What are you doing tomorrow?"
Me: "Going to work and coming home and killing myself."
Her: "Okay. I'll call you about 6 pm."
Me: "Okay. Make it 6:30. I'm stopping at Whole Foods on my way home to get some Kombucha."

Last edited:
The windows and door are open, and then you hear the sirens. A picture of blood and gray matter on the wall flash into your brain. The relief that it's finally over is over is comforting.

Her: "Hello."
Me: "I'm going to kill myself."
Her:"What are you doing?"
Me: "Eating an organic apple. They're on sale at Whole Foods."
Her: "What are you doing tomorrow?"
Me: "Going to work and coming home and killing myself."
Her: "Okay. I'll call you about 6 pm."
Me: "Okay. Make it 6:30. I'm stopping at Whole Foods on my way home to get some Kombucha."

:uhoh:

5x3ejs.jpg

I hope this was tongue in cheek?

I bought my first zero turn mower yesterday. My old lawn tractor is getting worn out. It's a 2004 model. The new mower steers by a joystick. A strange feeling for about 15minutes, then you fairly quickly adjust. And it has a nice comfy captains chair seat. A real luxury since I cut over 2 acres of grass. Now I actually wish our grass grew quicker, lol.

http://www.countryclipper.com/store/c1/mowers/p10/xlt/
Need to put some straight pipes and wheelie wheels on that bad boy and take it down to the Dairy Queen on Sat nights looking for a drag race!!

VERY nice mower,

I had a lovely discussion last night with a mom who is concerned about her son's cannabis usage. He self medicates for anxiety. It's not that she's against his using... she's just afraid he'll get caught again and ruin his future chances at school. I told her about vaporization and how it's a much better option all around; especially when it comes to smell in a dorm. It was so refreshing to see a parent who wants to help their child, but not by taking away his cannabis. Rather by finding a way to keep him safe. :thumbsup:

I had a lovely discussion last night with a mom who is concerned about her son's cannabis usage. He self medicates for anxiety. It's not that she's against his using... she's just afraid he'll get caught again and ruin his future chances at school. I told her about vaporization and how it's a much better option all around; especially when it comes to smell in a dorm. It was so refreshing to see a parent who wants to help their child, but not by taking away his cannabis. Rather by finding a way to keep him safe. :thumbsup:

I still get moaned at by my nieve family for my "drug use"...
I mean they will sit there there and lecture me, with a cake in one hand, wine in the other, and a pack of fags on the table, and a box full of medication they dont really need.. all while being unfit and overweight...
But im a bad person, even though I support my family, eat super healthy, exercise everyday, and avoid pharma drugs.. yet im gonna end up dead in the gutter with cannabis syringes in my veins... fucking ridiculous..
Lack of knowledge is a dangerous thing...

The hipocrisy of it all is just unbievable to me...

Last edited:
Lack of knowledge is a dangerous thing...

The hipocrisy of it all is just unbievable to me...
I wholeheartedly agree. I remember the first time I ever told someone that I'd rather my children smoke pot as teens than drink alcohol. They were incredulous.

What I loved about this mom is that she recognized what pharma drugs had done to her son. She listened to him when he told her they didn't agree with him and made things worse. And she also can see the benefit cannabis has given him. Her whole fear is that he will get busted again.

While touting the health benefits of vaping over smoking I also mentioned how much less it smells. We all know how much smoking smells. And in a dorm situation really it isn't a feasible option. I'd love for this young man to come talk to me about switching over to vaping for a number of reasons. And his mom being on board with this is fabulous.

ile touting the health benefits of vaping over smoking I also mentioned how much less it smells. We all know how much smoking smells. And in a dorm situation really it isn't a feasible option

Not to mention the financial reasons for it.. i was with a smoker the other day, he smoked about 10 joints and consumed about 4 grams..
Meanwhile i was vaping more often that him with my vapcaps, and used less than a gram the whole day.. who can afford not to...
Certanly not a student...

the first time I ever told someone that I'd rather my children smoke pot as teens than drink alcohol. They were incredulous.

I get this from my partner.. she would rather the kids got drunk than high.. i try to explain that if they go out drinking, it can lead to violence, teenage pregnancy, police attention, health issues, and usually regret, among other things..

Whereas if they gp out amd get high, they are gonna sit around listening to good music, eating food, having a laugh, and being generally nice and respectfull..
I mean no one gets high and goes out looking for trouble..
But she doesnt see that, as she is a drinker, and more. All she wants to do is demonise the weed...
Unfortunately for her, its hard to lie to kids about it these days, as they will just spout insta memes about the benifits of it.. not my doing..
The internet made the truth available to all..

Sigh.... time for a wee rant.... :scream:

I have spent the last four hours trying to get in to see a doctor for a physical. I've finally gotten off my ass and accepted the fact that I need to get my shoulder fixed. But I hate my current primary physician and the way she farms me out to other doctors for everything and anything. After making me see her twice first; of course. So I'm looking for a new doctor and it isn't as easy as one would think. Every call I've made I'be been told that October is their first appointment. Wtf....seriously?

So I called a friend and they told me about a doctor I've heard of before.... and would you believe that he is walk in only? I could go today if I was so inclined. For a physical and an EKG. Again... wtf?

So on one hand we have 15 doctors that I called today who couldn't see me until October. And one who is highly recommended that can see me immediately.

What is wrong with this picture? :cool:

Obviously I'm going to the one I can see right away. And may only use him this once as a means to an end. But it really speaks to how some doctors try to make themselves available no matter what. In other words.... the patient is important. And it says a whole lot about the other doctors who can't be bothered unless you are already a patient there. No matter what the situation. :hmm:

Sigh.... time for a wee rant.... :scream:

I have spent the last four hours trying to get in to see a doctor for a physical. I've finally gotten off my ass and accepted the fact that I need to get my shoulder fixed. But I hate my current primary physician and the way she farms me out to other doctors for everything and anything. After making me see her twice first; of course. So I'm looking for a new doctor and it isn't as easy as one would think. Every call I've made I'be been told that October is their first appointment. Wtf....seriously?

So I called a friend and they told me about a doctor I've heard of before.... and would you believe that he is walk in only? I could go today if I was so inclined. For a physical and an EKG. Again... wtf?

So on one hand we have 15 doctors that I called today who couldn't see me until October. And one who is highly recommended that can see me immediately.

What is wrong with this picture? :cool:

Obviously I'm going to the one I can see right away. And may only use him this once as a means to an end. But it really speaks to how some doctors try to make themselves available no matter what. In other words.... the patient is important. And it says a whole lot about the other doctors who can't be bothered unless you are already a patient there. No matter what the situation. :hmm:

Health care is crazy now days. I just switched doctors before my hip surgery. I only had one visit, got my scrips renewed and havn't been back. I really need to get a physical and all but.....

I have Medicare and aetna for my secondary. I pay a share of each. But my old company that I retired from is dropping our secondary coverage at years end, with nothing more than a letter and a shrug. And now I hear the government is dropping the pre existing conditions clause so insurance companies can gouge us more. OY, I need a hit....

Have you looked into the AARP United Health Care plans? Through AARP there's a significant savings.

Lmao... I never thought I'd be discussing AARP with anyone. Ever. God I feel old right now.... :lol:

I have not looked yet, so thanks for the leads. My wife and I both have lots of pre existing conditions, so I'm afraid that it's not going to look pretty. I havn't joined AARP yet either, but if I can save some bucks, I'm all in, lol.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back