Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

[QUOTE

Question for all log owners out there on the forum. Do you regret purchasing a log? I don't believe I have found anyone who has one & regrets it.
[/QUOTE]

I have two underdogs that I don't use a lot lately. I think the water wand with a VC tip took their place due to convenience. And i gave away my enano cause I never liked the clunky 120v cord and the temperture dial in the cord. The person that has it now uses it daily. But really no regrets. They do look very nice and they work well.

I think the water wand with a VC tip took their place due to convenience.
Do you have an induction heater for your Vapcap? The only thing I find more convenient than a vapcap with an IH is a vapcap with an Ed`s TNT WS on it, less restriction and you can keep pulling until you click/crack!

The end of an era;
IMG_20180828_151137.jpg

This was my last jar(8oz per jar) of white rhino (been growing it since 1999), time for my new stock of Incredible Bulk.
Should I try and clean this jar out, if yes how, ISO swish?
I now have 14x2 litre jars full to keep me going but all future stock will be kept in quart(950ml) mason jars.

I have two underdogs that I don't use a lot lately. I think the water wand with a VC tip took their place due to convenience. And i gave away my enano cause I never liked the clunky 120v cord and the temperture dial in the cord. The person that has it now uses it daily. But really no regrets. They do look very nice and they work well.

I am the same with my UD since I got a WS. I pretty much have my Vapcaps Wood Scents & Mighty as my go to solutions these days & a big part of getting a WS was the compatibility with the VC hardware. I never bothered with a Nano as it is 120v & I am 240v but 12v logs are the shit. Busted out my UD a few months ago when I housesat & it works as well as ever & is by far the most efficient vape I have in the cupboard.

12v log vapes are perfect if you like caravanning or camping too. I have a 12v SLA battery that is only 5x3x2" but would run a log vape 24/7 for a month. Not man portable for hikers but plenty easy to put in the car.

Definite Iso swish @LesPlenty. Man you will be headed for the moon & riding that rocket afterwards.

Do you have an induction heater for your Vapcap? The only thing I find more convenient than a vapcap with an IH is a vapcap with an Ed`s TNT WS on it, less restriction and you can keep pulling until you click/crack!

I actually have two IH's. A skeletor that I mounted in a tin tea box and a portside. I havn't used a torch in a long time. With the water wand and @ddave 's little pipe I can kill a load in one big long hit or two medium hits. I think for me the best feature is the speed.

I must have ordered some stuff off DHGate while heavily medicated as I just got a nice friendly message from a seller;

Thank you so much for your kindly order placed in my store. We really appreciate your trust. Could you please tell me the specifications you need? Your order selection is mixed. But you only bought one, so I'm not sure which one you need. After you confirm, We will arrange the shipment at first time
Best regards
Sunny
Hehe...18mm female to 18mm male thanks!:disgust::smoke:

Hope to get a bit better angle on some bong mouthpieces

So I swished out the jar with ISO and this is what I got;
IMG_20180829_153647.jpg

Will be interesting to see what will be left behind once the ISO evaporates, definitely looks nicer than my reclaim, my jar came up nice and clean too.:thumbsup:

Will be interesting to see what will be left behind once the ISO evaporates, definitely looks nicer than my reclaim, my jar came up nice and clean too.:thumbsup:

Once it is reduced (swish it to make sure you get all the goodness as it lowers) pour it onto a silicone mat or piece of greaseproof paper in a dish & leave it for a least a few days to purge before vaping. Jesus @herbivore21 would be aghast at us savages :lol: but we do what we do in the world that we live.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Shredder..... so sorry.... hopefully his last days will be as comfortable and happy as possible and in the place he wants to be.

Well he is home now, happy to smoke his ciggaretts. He got in trouble in the hospital when they found his ecig and vape pen, lol. Ambulance workers got him in his house. And yesterday I bought $840 worth of wood to build him a wheelchair ramp so we can get him to dr appointments coming up. A friend is staying with him, and I and another friend will build his ramp. It will take at least a few days. Hopefully nothing happens in the meantime.

Shit, I was finding it hardtop hit the like button on your message, all I can say is your friend is lucky to have people like you and your mates around to help out! I don`t like swearing on this forum, but, fuck the damned smokes.

Once it is reduced (swish it to make sure you get all the goodness as it lowers) pour it onto a silicone mat or piece of greaseproof paper in a dish & leave it for a least a few days to purge before vaping. Jesus @herbivore21 would be aghast at us savages :lol: but we do what we do in the world that we live.
Yup, I'm definitely aghast here brother lol :tongue:

Please, everybody: Avoid pouring iso (or any solvent) onto greaseproof paper or silicone mats. These are bad practices for a number of reasons. Greaseproof papers vary in composition but they almost all have unsafe compounds that can leach out into your ISO, the only exception I can think of is the PTFE Slick Sheet from Oil Slick, but honestly, it is easier to just purge on glass than use even that product.

As for Silicone mats, they are porous and so they will swell with your iso and resin, lowering yields and getting impregnated with a smelly residue which will contaminate everything else that you put on the mat subsequently. I've also seen silicone from these silicone mats literally peel/delaminate off the mat and into the resin! This can happen in very small pieces due to the nature of silicone and you may not even notice this contamination when you look at the resin.

These non stick solutions for purging solvents are utterly unnecessary, even if we dismiss the above risks.
Scraping resin off of a pyrex purge dish is very easy so long as you keep it warm (warm glass = non-stick surface for the purposes of cannabis resin) and use the right tools.

@LesPlenty Just pour your iso solution into a pyrex dish and leave it in a very well ventilated area away from any ignition sources, with a dust cover over it until all visible liquid has evaporated (iso boils at a considerably lower temp than water, but the more you have, the longer it'll take). Then place the dish onto a warm surface (boiling water temp will do, so a double boiler is ideal) and leave it on the double boiler heat for another hour or so to ensure that any residual iso vapors are released from the resin. Finally, collect the resin with a flat edged, but not sharp stainless/titanium tool while the dish is still warm. Do not scrape hard at all, if the resin isn't coming off the glass, the glass needs to be warmer. Scraping too hard will damage the glass. After every scrape, wipe the resin off of your collection tool (while the resin is still hot, this needs to be done immediately after each scrape to maintain sufficient heat) gently onto some oil slick Slick paper or similar for storage of your finished reclaim.

PLEASE, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO HEAT YOUR SOLUTION UNTIL THE LIQUID ISO IS COMPLETELY EVAPORATED. WHEN YOU'RE READY TO APPLY HEAT, YOUR DISH SHOULD ONLY CONTAIN WHAT LOOKS LIKE A THIN LAYER OF OIL ON THE GLASS WHICH SHOULD BE QUITE SOLID AND DEFINITELY NOT LIQUID. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW DANGEROUS IT IS TO USE HEAT TO BOIL LARGE QUANTITIES OF LIQUID ISO IN THE HOME.

Boiling iso vapor doesn't just float into the air, it can also sink and recondense as liquid iso around your boiling vessel. This shit can and will start a fire/explosion if it recondenses on a gas flame/electric heating element. Please, be careful. Don't lose your home or your health over reclaim!

Last edited:
Shit, I was finding it hardtop hit the like button on your message, all I can say is your friend is lucky to have people like you and your mates around to help out! I don`t like swearing on this forum, but, fuck the damned smokes.

I agree with your thoughts. F them ciggies. My friend liked to gamble in Vegas. He went 3-4 times a year on comped trips. On his return he took home a duffle bag of cheaper Indian reservation ciggies each trip to save a few bucks, they had him bad, matter of fact still do.

Damn tired now, worked all day on his ramp and it's only half done. It comes out from his house 16 foot then we put his old steps on the end and the main part of the ramp angles right. We needed lots of room as I googled some info, and we needed 12 inches out for every inch up. So the ramp is long. The ramp part isn't done and he has a dr appointment tomorrow, so we have a dial a ride bus with a wheelchair lift coming for him, and were going to get him up/down 2 steps in a chair. He is not a big person so were at least that's in our favor, but once the ramp is done it should be much easier.

@Shredder you are a wonderful friend. :hug:
My thoughts exactly man, just saw your posts above. Obviously I've thought this for a long time already, but @Shredder you're a stand-up guy. I hope that if I ever get so ill myself, that I'll be fortunate enough to have people like you around me! :peace:

PLEASE, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO HEAT YOUR SOLUTION UNTIL THE LIQUID ISO IS COMPLETELY EVAPORATED
A guy on FC was getting instructions from me how to purge, I told him to use a double boiler, I use Pyrex beakers in my Ultrasonic cleaner with just the heat running on 55 degrees C and use a small fan blowing across the top of it. He just put his ISO straight into a pot on a gas stove then went outside for a vape, when he came back inside his kitchen was on fire, he had to get the firefighters in to stop it, insurance paid out on cooking fat fire.:disgust:
I do not use silicon mats, I use a hairdryer to get the resin moving and let gravity do the work of getting the goo out of the glass and into my storage containers(silicon pucks) any product still on the glass just ends up in he next batch as I do not bother scraping it out. I have been told I should store my product in glass containers as well, any links to something as easy as the silicon pucks but made of glass etc?

Last edited:
getfuzzy.jpg

He just put his ISO straight into a pot on a gas stove then went outside for a vape, when he came back inside his kitchen was on fire, he had to get the firefighters in to stop it, insurance paid out on cooking fat fire.:disgust:
Holy cow.. he's lucky it didn't turn out worse!

I have been told I should store my product in glass containers as well, any links to something as easy as the silicon pucks but made of glass etc?
My first thought was the Chico by Jyarz. But even at 25% off, this comes in at a steep price. I do love my Jyarz though....

An inexpensive option can be found at specialtybottle.com. They come in a variety of sizes... here's the link to the 1 oz. The only problem is the shipping cost; which can often be more than the purchase itself. They sell a bunch of cool jars and tins... so maybe pad your order a bit to make up for it lol.

A guy on FC was getting instructions from me how to purge, I told him to use a double boiler, I use Pyrex beakers in my Ultrasonic cleaner with just the heat running on 55 degrees C and use a small fan blowing across the top of it. He just put his ISO straight into a pot on a gas stove then went outside for a vape, when he came back inside his kitchen was on fire, he had to get the firefighters in to stop it, insurance paid out on cooking fat fire.
TBH This kind of shit was why I stopped giving advice to people about solvents unless they first indicate that they are already going to use them. Solvents can be so dangerous and despite cutting my teeth with solvent extraction, I just can't recommend it in most contexts.

For reclaim though, solvents are to some extent inescapable. In that case, letting all but the final traces of iso evaporate at room temp will be a gradual enough release of still-flammable gaseous iso effluent into a well ventilated space (with no sources of ignition of course), mitigating fire/explosion risk. Boiling iso into the air with heat can very rapidly produce a gas in the air that can and will bring the fire... in a bad way.

For glass containers, I tend to just use mason jars and Oil Slick Slick Paper (apologies, before edit I mistakenly said Slick Sheet) to store my rosin, for full melt, that is stored in glass jars unless it is very sticky, greasier stuff will be kept between two boro microscope slides with slick sheet folder around to prevent leakage. Otherwise, just those little glass jars (with the wide open mouth, not the narrowed ones that make scraping the last full melt out a PITA lol). I'm sure other folks will be able to help with other options like the ones Mom mentions above. I haven't bought any jars in a very long time so I am probably not the most knowledgeable about the current crop of such products.

Last edited:
You know those days where you're buzzed, bored... can't find anything to do? I'm having one of those... and went on a little shopping spree. :dog: Bought myself some new quartz nails for my enail and then traveled over to 7thFloor and bought their new wax pen... it has a ceramic well type atty that appeals to me....

Sigh.. now I'm looking at glass again. Jebus take the wheel....... cause my finger is twitching.... and idle mind and all that.....:smilie-devil:

Today's random thought really isn't that random as it's been floating around my head for about a year now....

I need a new caregiver. Or to grow myself.

I got an oz. from my caregiver last week. Mind you; he owes me three.. but that's a whole other issue. Anyway the first thing that hit me was the unmistakeable, chamomile lotion like smell of NEEM. And the buds were spongey... almost wet. Certainly not well cured. I've had this baggie sitting open for a week and you'd think the bud would be crispy critter. But the bud is still spongey. There is no way in hell I'm vaping this weed.....

So I guess it will go into a topical. It's the only way I can think of to use it safely. What a waste when I usually use trim... just pisses me off to no end. Especially with the dispensaries closing in less than two weeks....

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back