Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

@Shredder - sorry to hear about your mom. My mom is 83 and just recently tripped and fell walking at the mall and broke her knee and shoulder. Having myself been on chemo and immuno therapy and at least 11 different prescription meds, all at the same time, over the last 12 years I can definitely say the cure is often way worse than the disease. Especially in this case as they aren't even sure she had a seizure in the first place, seems like they just guessed that? You are going to have to be vigilant in monitoring this and stand firm in your observations and opinions moving forward to protect her. Usually the people with no skin in the game, or doctors covering their asses, will make the most noise and be the most trouble IME. I wish you, and her, the best . . . :peace:

Last edited:
My Grandmother had similar issues and falls towards the end - mixed with the dimentia...it can happen quickly and take us by surprise
Thoughts with you and yours - it is often harder on us here who are compus then them going through it....

@Shredder I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Sigh... it brings back memories of both my parents and other family members and what we went through towards the end of their lives. It's such a hard thing to go through. I hope you can get this all sorted out.

Two days of tests that basically showed nothing the dr decided she mostly likely had a small seizure and put her on seizure meds.
Had she ever had any history of seizures? This seems like an odd diagnosis to me. You'd think they might have gone with a mini stroke (which would have left no trace after that amount of time). Her blacking out could have been due to a lot of things at that age... dehydration being one of them.

And there's always that one family member that thinks they have all the answers but are the least invested. Pay him no mind... :cool:

I say follow your gut on this. Doctors can be wrong. :twocents:

@Shredder - sorry to hear about your mom. My mom is 83 and just recently tripped and fell walking at the mall and broke her knee and shoulder. Having myself been on chemo and immuno therapy and at least 11 different prescription meds, all at the same time, over the last 12 years I can definitely say the cure is often way worse than the disease. Especially in this case as they aren't even sure she had a seizure in the first place, seems like they just guessed that? You are going to have to be vigilant in monitoring this and stand firm in your observations and opinions moving forward to protect her. Usually the people with no skin in the game, or doctors covering their asses, will make the most noise and be the most trouble IME. I wish you, and her, the best . . . :peace:

The hospital dr said he seen a slight abnormal reading when testing her brain waves. So he prescribed for that. But she also is starting with dementia and it could be that. All we know is it's going to be terribly hard to care for her at our home if she is on those drugs. And she definately does not want to go to a nursing home, nor do we. We realize her time is short, but would like her to be herself while she can.

She is doing very well today. We notified her family dr today about what happened and how the meds affected her. He wants her to go to emergency for and evaluation. (thanks for nothing) Another dr covering his ass IMHO. But for her another 5 + hours of sitting around in the hospital.

Thanks for letting me vent.....

Thanks for letting me vent.....

I like this little community that @momofthegoons created because everyone comes together to support an inmate when they're down.

I wish you and your family the best and hope your mom's health issue gets resolved quickly.

I am now getting more Unread Watched Threads on here than I do on FC, seems like a lot more traffic, I will keep up the PM`s to uneducated people that do not know how good it is here on the `Dark Side' :thumbsup:

As we age, our eyes.. well they just aren't what they used to be lol. So I got myself a new pair of glasses. There is no way these things are right.... I have a feeling the measurements are off. So they're going back. Cause I'm walking around like this...

daily_gifdump_2910_09.gif

:rofl:
That`s me trying to get to bed some nights.:thumbsup:

:rofl:
That`s me trying to get to bed some nights.:thumbsup:

I am not ashamed to say most evenings I develop the 10.00pm staggers. Sometimes it goes further & I genuinely have issues walking but that is usually a Fri/Sat/Sun kind of deal.

My 2001 Honda Civic is still going strong :headbang:
Ron . . . that is fuckin' fantastic. During the 80's and early 90's my family owned a Honda dealership, along with many others (Dodge, Subaru, Volkswagen, Mazda, Pontiac, Acura), for quite some time. Honda was always my favorite franchise due to product quality, factory to dealer support, and service/customer support UNTIL I went to work for Lexus. Outside of my family's influence, Lexus was a decade long "privilege" of working in the the most advanced automotive industry in the world. What we did back then was simply unheard of regarding production quality, factory/customer support both in sales and service, and customer satisfaction. We redefined it all for the entire industry . . . period.

Hope you get another 100k out of your ride if you wish . . . :thumbsup:

Lexus, rebadged, tarted up Toyotas. Great cars, Toyota reliability but luxurious, I tried to get my wife to buy a used IS250 or a Porsche Boxster a few years ago but she wanted a brand new yellow Veloster, end of story:disgust:

Lexus, rebadged, tarted up Toyotas. Great cars, Toyota reliability but luxurious
Actually you are partially wrong in this assumption. We used completely different steel than Toyota, it was called vibration dampening steel, or sandwich steel, that was 2 layers of steel with a sound deadening material in the center. Major refinements in engine block machining were used. Lexus also had liquid, sound deadening, anti-vibration-motor mounts on the engines as well as many other innovations that I am sure you are unaware of since I worked for them for 10 years and you did not.

PS: Toyoda, which is the true family name, was turned into Toyota to make it more pronounceable for American consumers.

Last edited:
Hey, I was talking Lexus up, not rubbishing the brand at all, I love the product, but it sounds like they might have a lot of condescending a holes working for them if your outburst is anything to go on.
Pick the difference;

I had the `Yellow Injection' when I worked at Caterpillar, sounds like your Lexus Injection does not need a booster yet.
Here is what google says when I typed `Is Lexus involved with Toyota'
Lexus. Lexus (レクサス Rekusasu) is the luxury vehicle division of Japanese automaker Toyota. The Lexus marque is marketed in more than 70 countries and territories worldwide and has become Japan's largest-selling make of premium cars.
So. Lexus is just a division of Toyota.

Hey, I was talking Lexus up, not rubbishing the brand at all, I love the product, but it sounds like they might have a lot of condescending a holes working for them if your outburst is anything to go on.

200w-6.gif

Now, now... none of that. We don't allow any form of name calling on this forum. Since this is your 'first offense' I wont issue a point... but let's treat each other with respect around here please?

And t-dub... you know better as well. Just because you edit out your comments it doesn't mean they didn't happen... :cool:

Actually you are partially wrong in this assumption. We used completely different steel than Toyota, it was called vibration dampening steel, or sandwich steel, that was 2 layers of steel with a sound deadening material in the center. Major refinements in engine block machining were used. Lexus also had liquid, sound deadening, anti-vibration-motor mounts on the engines as well as many other innovations that I am sure you are unaware of since I worked for them for 10 years and you did not.

PS: Toyoda, which is the true family name, was turned into Toyota to make it more pronounceable for American consumers.

Pick the difference;

I had the `Yellow Injection' when I worked at Caterpillar, sounds like your Lexus Injection does not need a booster yet.
Here is what google says when I typed `Is Lexus involved with Toyota'
Lexus. Lexus (レクサス Rekusasu) is the luxury vehicle division of Japanese automaker Toyota. The Lexus marque is marketed in more than 70 countries and territories worldwide and has become Japan's largest-selling make of premium cars.
So. Lexus is just a division of Toyota.

My mate also worked for toyota And lexus and was a mechanic at many places

Some lexus models are exactly a rebadged car with aircon and leather seats

One model (I can not fully remember now which ) IS a 1.8 litre camry engine in a body they just cut the B pillar out of and made a coupe

There are some Lexus that they did do adjustments to but not all.....

The first ones were toyotas....

Many "luxury" car brands are owned by other less known ones these days

Toyota owns Jag I think these days and volvo owns rolls or something

I am blazed right now so my memory may be a bit off on the who owns who atm but you would be suprised.....the back of one model Jag has toyota camry or ford falcon lights (again memory atm not quite on)

Hope everyone else having a good day/evening though and vaping happily :D

Love my old cars me....new ones all the same and no character

Gimme a carburettor over Fuel injection too...lol

I mean I do know how good modern cars go when they do....but if a chip blows in the computer you are stuffed

I have driven cars home with the throttle cable in my hand before straight to the carby
Not ideal, but gets you home withpout a spare computer chip in the car...lol

I'll keep my big ass 2015 Chevy truck with the V8, 4wd, at 22mpg, thank you. I have 3 trailers I pull and a camper and a boat. At times i haul a diesel tractor with it. Hard to do that with a little car, lol. Plus I don't feel comfortable in small cars. Im 6'6" and 250lb. Trucks ring all my bells, it's my 6 th (new) full size truck, and I bought several used trucks over the years.

My DW drives a Chevy traverse AWD. Very comfy, it's like riding in a big marshmallow. I call it our blue whale, lol.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back