Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

Early morning on the lake.... and really nice and quiet. Just heard the loons.... These are the times that I love it up here.

Give it two hours and it will be pure mayhem out there. This is the busiest time of summer here and yesterday was nuts. We tried to go out for a boat ride and there were too many yahoos out there to be safe. They were coming from every direction and had no clue what a 100 foot wake rule is. Ended up having to just park at the dock and enjoy the lake.

But now...? Gorgeous. May have to go take a wake up dip.

Early morning on the lake.... and really nice and quiet. Just heard the loons.... These are the times that I love it up here.

Give it two hours and it will be pure mayhem out there. This is the busiest time of summer here and yesterday was nuts. We tried to go out for a boat ride and there were too many yahoos out there to be safe. They were coming from every direction and had no clue what a 100 foot wake rule is. Ended up having to just park at the dock and enjoy the lake.

But now...? Gorgeous. May have to go take a wake up dip.

Very crazy week where I live as well. People everywhere. We're just laying low and trying to get through it. No way we'll go to a store, pub or restaurant this week, or boating.

We had friends over for steaks on the barby, and a campfire.

Last edited:
Seen a bear today. My wife and I went " two tracking" and seen some deer, including super cute fawns. And then a young black bear.

It's not uncommon to see them this time of year around here. Mom kicks out teenagers when she has babies. And teens being teens act stupid and let humans see them. It was as tall as a large dog but stockier.

There are black bear across the lake from us. I've always been glad they didn't venture over here lol... Our friends across the lake saw one that had smashed their hummingbird feeder and was drinking from it. Right outside their window. And it was no baby.

Like I said... glad they stay over there.

There are black bear across the lake from us. I've always been glad they didn't venture over here lol... Our friends across the lake saw one that had smashed their hummingbird feeder and was drinking from it. Right outside their window. And it was no baby.

Where I worked we let the dnr release problem bears they caught in culvert traps on company property. They can be pretty nasty in a cage.

That county (alcona) has the most bear per area in MI. So I seen a lot of bears back then. But this the first one I've seen in 6-7 years. And it was in a very remote area. Pigeon River wild area, if you know it.

Are you near the dead river swamp?

BEARS ?! The only bear I want to see is on the state flag.
california_flag1_vu2a.jpg

Do you mean Dead Stream Swamp? If so, it's not far away. We're on Higgins Lake. It's due west from us; on the other side of 127.

Ya, that's the ticket. I know there's bears in that swamp.

A former instructor I knew had an adventure there. He, his bil, and a disabled wheelchair bound friend went duct hunting there in a canoe.

It tipped over, and they had a hella time. Lost guns, got wet, on and on. He wrote the story down and it was picked up by a hunting/fishing magazine and turned into a feature story.

So I was unable to log in due to maintenance
Now I can everything is different and I can't find anything and am trying to work out how to do things again
New look VA !!
I just made a post about this in the Navigating the Forum thread. Sorry for the down time.... and hopefully this new style wont freak everyone out lol. It will take a little getting used to.

I don't like it ATM
Hopefully I'll get over it after a while and get used to it
Lol.... I hear you... and we will be tweaking the style a bit as we go.

There was no choice in this if we wanted to keep the site secure and up to date. If there is anything that really bothers you let me know and we will see what can be done about it. Change is never easy.

For once, @Madri-Guy and I are in agreement. The strong white lines make it blocky and difficult to scan. I do understand it had to be done, and don't want @momofthegoons deluged with complaints, and it's possible others will prefer it. I just don't think this one is because I'm old and resistant to change. Still, if nothing can be done, there it is.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back