Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

I went to get gas and I think I dropped my credit card on the ground while getting gas. I had only left the gas station for a little while and I tried using my credit card again. I tried reaching for my credit card in my wallet and it wasn't there. I tore my purse apart and didn't find it. I looked inside around my car seat too.

I went back to the gas station the credit card wasn't on the ground. I went inside and asked the cashier if someone had turned it in. Nobady had. I'm assuming someone picked it up.

So I went to the bank and cancelled the acct. Luckily nobody had tried using the card. They will be sending me a new card in a couple days.

@CarolKing at least you found out before any damage was done. While it's a pita to not have your card, you don't have to have funds held up in the meantime because someone went on a shopping spree.

I had my debit card compromised recently and they charged about $600 worth of goodies within a matter of hours. Fortunately, my bank got suspicious of the activity and caught it right away.

I feel very lucky. If I hadn't tried using my credit again so soon I could have had a lot of money stolen. My granddaughters were with me and I told them that they could have charged a bunch of stuff online within minutes. I worked very hard not to freak out with the grandkids with me. I told them everything will be OK while I was freaking out inside.

Dealing with a 2 up manager that has no people skills right now. He complained to another manager (who told me immediately) that he would have to speak with my boss about me taking an hour for lunch. Couple of things the dumb prick does not seem to understand.

• My contract stipulates I am expected to work a 38 hour week & I do that at a minimum whereas he fucks off early every single day.
  • There is no mention of start or finish times nor any stipulated lunch break period since I am salaried
  • I was having fucking lunch with my boss & she is not impressed by him either.
Besides shooting from the hip & firing blanks he clearly does not understand I am cut from different cloth than others & will readily take it all the way with HR.

As I floated off to sleep around midnight last night, I was regaled with the late night sounds of summer on the lake....

WOOOOOOOO!!!! LAST NIGHT OF SUMMER!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! GET IT BOY!!!! DRINK IT!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!

a bit of splashing here.....

LAST DAY!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHERE'S THAT BEER? DRINK IT BOY!!!! GET IT!!!!! GET HER DONE!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Betcha they feel like shit for the drive home this morning..... :dog:

Be understanding, open minded, and generally nice to people...
Because you never know what they may be silently dealing, or even suffering, with....

We are right in the path of Irma. I’m worried. We are inland, but the track just shifted west. :(
Oh man.... I hope you are well prepared... are you evacuating Vicki?

I noticed the path keeps shifting. Such a scary storm. I hope all of our members and their families that live in Florida and other areas affected by Irma will take care and stay safe. :heart:

Stay safe @Vicki & all folks who might be affected. Flicked on Fox news for 5 minutes (big mistake) & it looks like it will be a heavy one.

Oh man.... I hope you are well prepared... are you evacuating Vicki?

I noticed the path keeps shifting. Such a scary storm. I hope all of our members and their families that live in Florida and other areas affected by Irma will take care and stay safe. :heart:

No, we are not evacuating. We are in central Florida, where everyone else is evacuating to. We are scared. Worried about damage, and pretty sure we will lose power. We have a generator, and supplies, but still really nervous. I still remember Charley back in 2004.

Thanks guys. I hope everyone here in Florida stays safe.

Well, we are as ready as we are going to be. Generator is ready, and we have plenty of gas.

Currently, I’m doing dabs. I need that smack in the face to deal with my stress right now. The track has moved more west, so hopefully that will help lessen Irma’s impact.

Currently, I’m doing dabs. I need that smack in the face to deal with my stress right now. The track has moved more west, so hopefully that will help lessen Irma’s impact.
I hope you and yours stay safe during this Vicki.

And a smack in the face in this situation sounds like the right plan! I'd like to believe that if I was down there with you we would be looking at this storm like this....

Of course... I might need a couple of shots of tequila (for medicinal purposes) to get this much bravado going....

All kidding aside, keep in touch and let us know you are okay.

Last edited:
Looks like the hurricane is not as bad as predicted. Still bad but could be a shitload worse. Keep your head down & nail hot @Vicki.

A juvenile great white shark washed up on Manly beach this morning. Since it was unable to swim away they put it in a rock pool. Just how we roll in Sydneytown :thumbsup:

1505112825652.jpg

Looks like the hurricane is not as bad as predicted. Still bad but could be a shitload worse. Keep your head down & nail hot @Vicki.

A juvenile great white shark washed up on Manly beach this morning. Since it was unable to swim away they put it in a rock pool. Just how we roll in Sydneytown :thumbsup:

1505112825652.jpg

It was pretty bad. We are ok, though. Lost all our trees, mature trees too. Worst came through between 2-4am, 75mph sustained winds, with higher gusts. We lost power at 1am, but we have a generator. We can keep our food from going bad, have a couple lights, TV, microwave, and keep our devices charged. We are conserving our gasoline, just in case. Run it for 4 hours, off for 3 hours. No idea when power will be restored.

@Vicki so good to hear you are okay! Such a traumatic experience... I'll bet your fur babies were freaking.

And I'll bet you are exhausted after last night. Take care and rest.

The dogs and cats were a wreck, but the 4 month old puppies were the worst. I think we got a couple hours sleep, if that.

Hopefully we can get more sleep tonight. Clean up begins soon.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back