Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

@Vicki - glad to hear you are ok . . . I was worried about you. I hope your power gets restored soon . . . :peace:

We finally got power restored a few minutes ago, after four days! I’m so glad! Our house is over 90 degrees. I’m chronically ill, and it was killing me. It literally has killed quite a few senior citizens in a nursing home that had no power. :(
What wonderful news! I know a few other forum members haven't had their's restored yet. I'm glad they got to you... Hope you feel a bit better real soon. Crank that air!!!

This wasn't really a video that you would 'want to watch while vaked,' but I thought it was so moving that I wanted to share it. So what better place to share a random video than the random thoughts thread lol...

Anyway... this video spoke to me. Two people who don't know each other yet have massive respect for one another. And it just solidifies my feeling that we need to think of others and give back in any small (or big) way we can.

Found something kinda interesting today... An online book called Fortune in Formulas, almost 900 pages of handy dandy info on how to make things out of stuff, like trade secrets, processes, and common names of things that m,ight be hard to find by their 'official' name.

"A guide to how and where to procure ingredients, illustrated workshop and laboratory methods, latin names translated into english, a glossary of common names of chemical substances"

Anyhoo, enjoy - link at bottom :)

Fortunes in Formulas, for home, farm, and workshop; the modern authority for amateur and professional; containing up-to-date selected scientific formulas, trade secrets, processes, and money-saving ideas; edited by Gardner D. Hiscox and Prof. T. O'Connor [sic] Sloane.
Main Author: Hiscox, Gardner Dexter, 1822?-1908.
Other Authors: Sloane, T. O'Conor 1851-1940.
Language(s): English
Published: New York, Books, inc. [c1939]
Subjects: Recipes.
Industrial arts.
Note: Earlier editions published under titles "Henley's twentieth century formulas, recipes and processes" and "Henley's twentieth century books of formulas, processes and trade secrets."

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc1.b4140803;view=1up;seq=13

upload_2017-11-11_8-5-59.jpeg

Found something kinda interesting today... An online book called Fortune in Formulas, almost 900 pages of handy dandy info on how to make things out of stuff, like trade secrets, processes, and common names of things that m,ight be hard to find by their 'official' name.

"A guide to how and where to procure ingredients, illustrated workshop and laboratory methods, latin names translated into english, a glossary of common names of chemical substances"

Anyhoo, enjoy - link at bottom :)

Fortunes in Formulas, for home, farm, and workshop; the modern authority for amateur and professional; containing up-to-date selected scientific formulas, trade secrets, processes, and money-saving ideas; edited by Gardner D. Hiscox and Prof. T. O'Connor [sic] Sloane.
Main Author: Hiscox, Gardner Dexter, 1822?-1908.
Other Authors: Sloane, T. O'Conor 1851-1940.
Language(s): English
Published: New York, Books, inc. [c1939]
Subjects: Recipes.
Industrial arts.
Note: Earlier editions published under titles "Henley's twentieth century formulas, recipes and processes" and "Henley's twentieth century books of formulas, processes and trade secrets."

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc1.b4140803;view=1up;seq=13
I wrote and made a few formula's in my working life!
Dr. DEMING was my idol.

I'm reading KURT ANDERSON now.
Here is a interveiw that got my attention with ESPRESSO before CANNABIS SESSION.

@Baron23 did you ever get the book by: JACK HERER, "THE EMPEROR WEAR'S NO CLOTHES" ?

Last edited:
@Baron23 did you ever get the book by: JACK HERER, "THE EMPEROR WEAR'S NO CLOTHES" ?

Nope, sorry.....it seems to be out of print and while available, many sources have it at $60. I'll get to it...please keep reminding me :thumbsup:

By the by, I'm not a big fan of 'liberal elites' either...with emphasis on self-anointed 'elites'

Just saying.....

So the other night my husband and I are in the kitchen having a glass of wine and we hear this.... boom and feel the whole house shake. We're looking at each other and saying WTF was that?!!?!? Well.... turns out we had an earthquake that was caused by a meteor.

I had to laugh when I found out that was what it was. The other earthquake that I remember vividly was when I was pregnant and in a Lamaze class. It was being held up in a tower of a nearby hospital and all of a sudden the room felt like it was swaying. I thought my husband was fucking with my chair... It wasn't till the next day we found out there had been an earthquake.

So I was blissfully unaware both times. :lol:

So the other night my husband and I are in the kitchen having a glass of wine and we hear this.... boom and feel the whole house shake. We're looking at each other and saying WTF was that?!!?!? Well.... turns out we had an earthquake that was caused by a meteor.

I had to laugh when I found out that was what it was. The other earthquake that I remember vividly was when I was pregnant and in a Lamaze class. It was being held up in a tower of a nearby hospital and all of a sudden the room felt like it was swaying. I thought my husband was fucking with my chair... It wasn't till the next day we found out there had been an earthquake.

So I was blissfully unaware both times. :lol:

I heard about that on Facebook, freaky!!

I am sitting here watching @Morty 's S3 videos and i notice my signature for the first time...

WTF is DQuartz?? Did i buy it from DQ AKA Dairy Queen?
Think i may need some marijuana goggles to sort me out!!

https://fatalvision.com/simulation-goggles/marijuana-simulation-experience.html

Apparently the Canadian Army is spending $170,000 on this "tech" to understand what it feels like!
With that money you could get the whole army, government and parliament stoned and the legalization process would be a non issue!

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...n-see-what-its-like-to-be-stoned-on-marijuana

PS- I have never owned a quartz bucket...LOL!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back