Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

Why do we wash everything in hot water.... except out teeth..???
I tried a hot water tooth brushing session, and its was ok...

Why do we wash everything in hot water.... except out teeth..???
I tried a hot water tooth brushing session, and its was ok...
tXx9yt3.jpg

Hot water rise 4 sure!

Opened my inbox the other day and found a one year anniversary award.... wow. It's hard to believe it's been almost a year since the asylum 'doors' opened.... The official day was the 17th (St. Patricks Day). Hmmmm.... perhaps this means a celebration is in order? Hmmmm.... perhaps a giveaway? :biggrin:

I may have a torn meniscus in my right knee. Xray scheduled for tomorrow.
Monday I was tripped (unintentionally...I think :razz:) by a co worker, and the pain was sharp and instant.

Monday I was tripped (unintentionally...I think :razz:) by a co worker, and the pain was sharp and instant.
That was a hard one to like BD9.... I'm so sorry to hear it. Knee surgery is a bitch; even if it's just arthroscopic for a tear.

Hope you get good news rather than bad.

Best of luck! Knee pain sux, hopefully it will heal on its own.

I'm getting a new hip in early April. Long time coming. Maybe we can form a new chapter of the crips, lol. I'm thinking I need a vape/cane.

Lmao... well I'll meet you guys down in the hospital lounge... I'm getting my shoulder replaced in the next couple months. :lol::myday:

I might be late, after my hip, I want to have my neck fixed.

Ruptured discs, bone spurs, and arthuritus. I was supposed to have it done last summer, had the mri, seen the surgeon, and put it off, but now it's worse. It actually bothers me more than my hip, but one at a time.

Can't like this post man. Sorry to hear about your knee & know all too well how that shit goes. Will you be covered under workers compensation? Accident or not if it happened at work the company is responsible for your safety (at least in my country). Hopefully your company looks after you.

Ruptured discs, bone spurs, and arthuritus. I was supposed to have it done last summer, had the mri, seen the surgeon, and put it off, but now it's worse. It actually bothers me more than my hip, but one at a time.
Oh shit... maybe we need to bring the vape party up to your room then?

Sounds like you have a hell of a summer ahead... I'm so sorry to hear it. But be heartened by the fact that hips are a piece of cake. You'll be 'down' for a few days but after that it's just restricted movement. I've had both of mine replaced and the only downside was not being able to tie my own shoes. :smile:

Sounds like you have a hell of a summer ahead... I'm so sorry to hear it. But be heartened by the fact that hips are a piece of cake. You'll be 'down' for a few days but after that it's just restricted movement. I've had both of mine replaced and the only downside was not being able to tie my own shoes. :smile:

I hope the shoe thing was temporary? I can barely tie them now. If fact my summer knock around shoes are Velcro, lol. And i definately need to sit down to tie my shoes. I'm a true geezer now.....

I hope the shoe thing was temporary? I can barely tie them now. If fact my summer knock around shoes are Velcro, lol. And i definately need to sit down to tie my shoes. I'm a true geezer now.....
All of the restrictions are temporary and end after 90 days. The most important one after hip replacement is that you don't bend past 90° or your new hip could pop out of the socket. The same goes for not sitting in a booth at a restaurant. That sliding motion to get in or out can do it. You will need to elevate your chair and toilet seat for comfort.

Go to the class beforehand (should they give one) or do some Google searching to know what to expect. And you can always hit me up for info. I'm an old pro after getting both hips replaced plus one knee. This impending shoulder replacement is just another step towards becoming bionic. :nunchuks:

All of the restrictions are temporary and end after 90 days. The most important one after hip replacement is that you don't bend past 90° or your new hip could pop out of the socket. The same goes for not sitting in a booth at a restaurant. That sliding motion to get in or out can do it. You will need to elevate your chair and toilet seat for comfort.

Go to the class beforehand (should they give one) or do some Google searching to know what to expect. And you can always hit me up for info. I'm an old pro after getting both hips replaced plus one knee. This impending shoulder replacement is just another step towards becoming bionic. :nunchuks:

So, does that mean you will be a bionic dominatrix now, Mom? Huh? :whipit::dog:
(g*d d*nm f*cking image won't show up!! haha)

gta_sa_compact 2017-12-31 09-42-45-832.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks Mom!

I have a pre appointment next week and part of that is meeting with pt at the (traverse city) hospital and they're setting up for visiting pt as well. So I should be covered but I'll keep your offer in mind if I have more questions. Right now tho, I don't even know what to ask.

Thank you, everyone, for all the thoughts and concern.

I had an MRI and not a Xray. I'm not claustrophobic, so it went well.

That was a hard one to like BD9.... I'm so sorry to hear it. Knee surgery is a bitch; even if it's just arthroscopic for a tear.

Hope you get good news rather than bad.

Thanks! I'm hoping I can go without surgery and it will heal itself. I've been keeping ice on it, and that has helped.

Best of luck! Knee pain sux, hopefully it will heal on its own.

I'm getting a new hip in early April. Long time coming. Maybe we can form a new chapter of the crips, lol. I'm thinking I need a vape/cane.

Thanks!
Sorry to hear this @Shredder. Hopefully, the hip surgery will help and will have full mobility.
I'm in for the new 'crips' chapter! Hmm... A vape cane is brilliant.

I feel for you. I went through 3 almost back to back surgeries in 2014. Hopefully you aren’t injured badly.

Thanks, @Vicki!
Sorry, you had to go through all those surgeries. I hope you're doing better now.
I'm not in too much pain.

Lmao... well I'll meet you guys down in the hospital lounge... I'm getting my shoulder replaced in the next couple months. :lol::myday:

Oh. I've heard stories about shoulder surgery that I'll keep to myself... I'll be in the lounge waiting for you guys. I'm the old guy wearing a Jaimca hat and rubbing his knee. :biggrin:

I don't know about @momofthegoons, but I have nothing else to do so I'll wait for you to hobble down to the party. :partyhat: :smoke:

Damn! Sorry to hear this. Getting older blows.

Can't like this post man. Sorry to hear about your knee & know all too well how that shit goes. Will you be covered under workers compensation? Accident or not if it happened at work the company is responsible for your safety (at least in my country). Hopefully your company looks after you.

Understood and thanks! I work for a good company, and they will take care of me

If that's the only downside, you must have had a phenomenal surgeon!

Oh. I've heard stories about shoulder surgery that I'll keep to myself..
Dear god... please do. I'm already a bit leery of this.....

I had an MRI and not a Xray. I'm not claustrophobic, so it went well.
So was it a torn meniscus?

Little tip... get a few bags of frozen peas. They're great to use as ice packs because they bend to form around the knee. Then you just throw it back in the freezer when they start to thaw. Just make sure you mark the bag so that you don't accidentally cook them later....

Dear god... please do. I'm already a bit leery of this.....

So was it a torn meniscus?

Little tip... get a few bags of frozen peas. They're great to use as ice packs because they bend to form around the knee. Then you just throw it back in the freezer when they start to thaw. Just make sure you mark the bag so that you don't accidentally cook them later....

I know few guys that had rotator cuffs repaired and they said the recovery was pretty painful.

I don't know if it's torn or not. My Dr. will call sometime today.
I was out of frozen peas so I'm using corn. It's hard to keep the cob balanced on my knee though. :rofl:

I'm not in constant pain. It fucking hurts when I straighten my knee. They had to strap my leg flat for the MRI yesterday and that was not pleasant.

I’m thinking about next week. I will be having knee replacement surgery and may need the other knee joint replaced over the summer. Radiation sure does a number on the joints in your body. I know that I had a touch of arthritis in my knees. By the time my 25 radiation sessions were over my knees started hurting big time. Eventually I had X-rays and an MRI, after i requested one. Both knees were bone on bone. I know radiation excelerated the destruction of my arthritic knees.

I’m making sure I’m loaded up with cannabis beforehand. I will be shopping over the weekend. I have my pain meds filled already but I only want to take them for a little while. I don’t like how they make my head feel.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back