Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

I know a lot of you don't do Instagram... so I'm sharing my post from this morning. This pic was too damn funny not to share here too..

Looks like you got it covered, @momofthegoons. Lucky to find the masks. I'm glad we stocked up during the Fall Fires.
@Madri-Guy and I have Influenza B, and are miserably sick. Does this mean we aren't concerned about Corona? Heck yeah, we're worried. It's hit the County, and I was given a phone appointment with a doctor yesterday because of bronchitis. Told to avoid the hospital, if I can. Usually you call Kaiser Permanente with anything to do with breathing, and they want to in check lungs, get X-rays, etc. Got an Rx for an antibiotic out of concern for bacterial pneumonia. This didn't save @Madri-Guy from having to go over to get the prescriptions. In stores, zinc lozenges, toilet paper, hand gel, milk, etc. are sold out. @Madri-Guy is trying to get us set up in case of quarantine. We aren't expecting it, but I don't plan to be caught with no pet food or toilet paper if it happens. We didn't plan on getting the 'flu, and Surprise! so we will lay in what we can.
Anyone else prepping? Or has it not hit your area yet?

Since I haven't been able to drive until recently, our pantry items have dwindled significantly. So I've been restocking with an eye towards some stuff we might need should we either become ill or quarantined. But I always make sure I have canned soup, some kind of beverages with electrolytes and saltines at hand so I wouldn't say I'm prepping for the virus. Flu has been bad in our area, but coronavirus hasn't hit Michigan yet. You'd never know it by looking at some of the shelves in the stores. Several items are out of stock... which makes me a little nuts. People are panicking and it's a bit ridiculous.

Hope you and Madri-Guy start feeling better soon.

We don't have any cases anywhere close to me but our Health Minister has advised everyone to stock up on non perishables and medicines in preparation for a possible (self or imposed) quarentine.

I live life in a relatively remote area so I am always stocked up in preparation for isolation due to ice or snow storms. I could go for months without leaving the house of I had to. The freezer is stocked and I have plenty of dehydrated goods in the pantry that make great soups and stews.

I was in our closest big city the other day and was in Costco. They've hired sanitizers.....before a customer touches a cart when they come into the store a guy wielding a box of wipes comes over and wipes it down. Others are positioned in the isles. When a customer touches something that they don't put in their cart the sanitizer go over and wipes it off.

Here everyone is acting crazy
Lots of food and everything you really need in the shop

But no toilet paper....
Everyday people empty the shelves and leave nothing for anyone else

It's ridiculous, they've never had to survive anything by the looks

If you don't eat you don't shit..... And I'd personally rather have food etc stocked up than TP

I am able to shower after going to the toilet
I can't eat TP though....

And in the meantime no one who needs it can buy any
Like now, I need some lol

Anyway, I hope everyone is okay wherever they are and hope you and @Madri-Guy get better soon and avoid the big nasty @Madri-Gal

I have enough weed to get me through....in search of the TP dealer ATM....

I grew up on hectares of bush where we would be flooded in for months at a time
TP is a luxury and far from a necessity though to survive
Food and any necessary medicine is much more important

It is still amusing watching the craziness happen, but annoying I am nearly out of TP when there is no need to be going without

The first case just hit near me yesterday
There are quite a few cases in my state
A death and a doctor too

Stay safe and don't share your vapes with strangers ATM ppl!!!!

I figure we could go a year or more before we would need food. My wife cans everything that doesn't move. And we have 2 big refrigerators, 1 small one, and 2 big freezers.

I guess if we ran out of tp we could start using all our junk mail, lol. Finally a use for political adds!

I guess if we ran out of tp we could start using all our junk mail, lol. Finally a use for political adds!
It's the wrong time of year for this sort of thing but you can forage mullien leaves mid spring through fall. They grow wild and are quite abundant. Beyond its myriad of medicinal benefits the whole leaves make a wonderful fuzzy soothing toilet paper substitute and can also be used as an effective wound healing bandage.

It's the wrong time of year for this sort of thing but you can forage mullien leaves mid spring through fall. They grow wild and are quite abundant. Beyond its myriad of medicinal benefits the whole leaves make a wonderful fuzzy soothing toilet paper substitute and can also be used as an effective wound healing bandage.

Good point!

On occasion I vape tender young leaves. Its said to be good for lungs, and ive heard it called Indian tobacco.

Ive also fermented it for fertilizer, although it takes forever and a day to breakdown.

A full service weed, from ear to rear. And much easier on the bum than glossy paper, and less ants than moss, lol.

Its said to be good for lungs,
It's a wonderful expectorant. Great for the lungs whether you use the leaves or the pretty flowers. I use the flowers mostly for cold and flu repelling teas. Such a handsome and stately plant, I always let a couple grow amongst the flower beds. I've never vaped it.... Something to look forward to when the snow gives way to fresh lush green growth.

It just occurred to me.... today is the first day of Spring. I've been so immersed in the current news... it slipped right past me until I saw a blurb about it.

It was nice news for a change lol....

Happy Spring Solstice everyone... may your flowers start popping up and the warmer winds bring you hope of better times ahead.

90242771_3088629341197233_7258611050839277568_n.jpg

I am a mix of Danish and Romanian.... and we embrace both heritages in my household. But we sort of lean towards the Danish side.... (unless you get on my bad side and then the Romanian comes out lmao).

Anyway... in Denmark, a mother's mother is called Mormor. The father is called Morfar; 'mor' being the word for mother and 'far' being the word for father.

I said we were celebrating last night.... and that I would tell you why later. Well.... guess who became a..........

IMG_6522.JPG

Yup. ME!!!!! My grand daughter was born yesterday afternoon. :aaaaa:

My first grand child. Holy shit.

I am a mix of Danish and Romanian.... and we embrace both heritages in my household. But we sort of lean towards the Danish side.... (unless you get on my bad side and then the Romanian comes out lmao).

Anyway... in Denmark, a mother's mother is called Mormor. The father is called Morfar; 'mor' being the word for mother and 'far' being the word for father.

I said we were celebrating last night.... and that I would tell you why later. Well.... guess who became a..........

View attachment 17327

Ahhh! Congratulations! I was just wondering yesterday about the happy event happening.
Best of health to Mom and Baby. I'm so, so, happy for you and your family. This is so exciting! Love and life. How wonderful!
giphy-44.gif

Last edited:

View attachment 17327

We just found out that our granddaughter is pregnant, lol. A great grandbaby! now I feel ancient.

Hi everyone.

Having met someone and falling hard for her, I decided to have surgery.

I have brain cancer. It's a Glioma, specifically an Astrocytoma.

They cracked my skull open and were shocked at the echo the drill made because of the big empty where my brain should have been.

They removed a large part of the tumor then inserted a radioactive wafer to kill the rest of the tumor.
I have named the tumor Clyde the Bastard. The bastard gets what the bastard deserves.

I am doing well. Good days, bad days, but mostly I'm fine.
Far worse things have happened to far better people.

I want to thank those of you that reached out and offered support. Apologies for not responding but your messages were very helpful and very much appreciated!!

I've been emotionally constipated and this forum has been my metaphorical prune.

Sincerely hope that ALL of you are doing well and taking proper precautions to avoid contracting the COVID 19 virus while trying to deal with your other daily struggles.

Take care of each other, support each other, and be kind to each other.

Hope to be back soon causing trouble and making @momofthegoons and the best fucking forum staff ever pull their hair out.

Take care everyone. :peace:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back