Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

They're clearly aliens or at least a different species. My first house was an old farm house that ended up inside the city as the prairies settled and the city grew up around it. When I bought the house the yard was completely bare. Nothing but grass. It was a bit odd because all the neighbouring yards were full of mature trees. I came to find out that the previous owners took down all the trees and then tried to coerce the neighbours into doing the same. They really disliked trees for some reason. I ended up filling that yard with trees, hedges, bushes, fruit trees, gardens and flower beds. Now I live with a natural forest all around me. I wouldn't have it any other way.
View attachment 18672
Gardening must be a different way of thinking. My cherry trees are full, and there are birds and squirrels happily gathering fruit. More than enough for us, and I enjoy active wildlife in the yard. Neighbor on the other side has a cherry tree, and when I was hanging laundry yesterday, one of his guests from the near constant Covid-19 party he's been having told him the birds were 'stealing' from the tree. Neighbor says, yup, he's got to strip the tree so the birds don't take the fruit. He won't eat the fruit, just keep it from the birds.

Professional football starts again tomorrow & I can't wait :aaaaa:. It will be strange seeing no crowds & a condensed season but I will happily take it over the alternative.

Today was the first time I had no new messages in my watched list on FC, it is like watching a big old animal die slowly...

I just wanna watch a stupid ass zombie movie sometimes, I don't want to think about any clever ironic subplots with twist and turns or look up the subtext online or watch HBO first look for actor insiders take on a characters motives. Simply wanna watch a dumb movie, veg and tune out.
:weed::peace:

Maybe martial law is coming.
Maybe some of these conspiracy theories hold weight.
I wish I owned a firearm.
I’ve never fired one in my life...I guess now might be the time to learn.

in the meantime I’m getting high outback watching a bird climb up the fence like it’s fucking Spiderman:spidey:

Maybe martial law is coming.
Maybe some of these conspiracy theories hold weight.
I wish I owned a firearm.
I’ve never fired one in my life...I guess now might be the time to learn.

in the meantime I’m getting high outback watching a bird climb up the fence like it’s fucking Spiderman:spidey:
It really is a scary and unsettled time right now. I keep waiting for another shoe to drop.... People have just gone nuts. Maybe it's because of being cooped up for so long with shelter in place, maybe it's fear, maybe it's just plain stupidity in some cases. But I'm not loving this 'new normal' one bit. I told my husband the other day that in some ways I'm glad we were born when we were and will be exiting when we do. I'm not sure I'd be a fan of the future say... 30 years from now.

Hang in there Ron....

Thank you @momofthegoons
This is definitely something that I’ve never experienced in my 39 years on this earth.... at Least not to this degree.
I’m just trying to stay strong specially for my daughter, which she seems to be totally fine but who knows what’s going to happen the rest of this year.
I can't say I haven't experienced some of it. Now... the whole shelter in place/COVID experience is new. But the rioting isn't. I was around for the Detroit race riots and remember the tanks rolling down Woodward Ave. I remember union riots that threatened my family's business. That's when my dad started having a gun in the house. They were threatening us at our home.

People do crazy things when they feel a certain way. For some it's power. For some it's outrage. For some it's fear. And I can honestly say I've never seen our country as divided as it is now in so many aspects.

I keep hoping for 'better days' and for people to come to their senses and start working together again. I thought that maybe the whole COVID thing would do that. But it seems to have divided us even more.

The good thing with your daughter is that the young are resilient. And she has a good family life... good parents. That type of security will take her through hard times. And I know that you will make sure she continues to be fine. You are a stand up guy and wouldn't have it any other way. :smile:

@momofthegoons very well said.

@I'm Ron Burgundy? Do u guys have place to go outside of the craziness? Maybe up in the country?
Man I wish. I’m pretty much stuck right in San Diego County.

I remember my best friend’s parents growing up had a ranch about 800 acres up in Redding California... what a great place to be right now. Nothing around but tons of pine trees a creek couple ponds and the pasture.

I remember my best friend’s parents growing up had a ranch about 800 acres up in Redding California... what a great place to be right now. Nothing around but tons of pine trees a creek couple ponds and the pasture.
My exact words to my husband the other day were, 'who the hell would have ever thought that moving to Montana and becoming a dental floss tycoon would sound good?' :lol:

Yeah... a simpler life in a non populated area sounds pretty darn good.

Yeah... a simpler life in a non populated area sounds pretty darn good.
It is pretty good...as long as you have heaps of pot...Plenty is usually enough!

IMG_3021.JPG

Get tough. We ain't seen nothing yet. The good shits just getting started . Martial law is around the corner.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back