Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

I’m thinking about next week. I will be having knee replacement surgery and may need the other knee joint replaced over the summer. Radiation sure does a number on the joints in your body. I know that I had a touch of arthritis in my knees. By the time my 25 radiation sessions were over my knees started hurting big time. Eventually I had X-rays and an MRI, after i requested one. Both knees were bone on bone. I know radiation excelerated the destruction of my arthritic knees.

I’m making sure I’m loaded up with cannabis beforehand. I will be shopping over the weekend. I have my pain meds filled already but I only want to take them for a little while. I don’t like how they make my head feel.

Best of luck!
I guess we can all recuperate together?

I’m thinking about next week. I will be having knee replacement surgery and may need the other knee joint replaced over the summer. Radiation sure does a number on the joints in your body. I know that I had a touch of arthritis in my knees. By the time my 25 radiation sessions were over my knees started hurting big time. Eventually I had X-rays and an MRI, after i requested one. Both knees were bone on bone. I know radiation excelerated the destruction of my arthritic knees.

I’m making sure I’m loaded up with cannabis beforehand. I will be shopping over the weekend. I have my pain meds filled already but I only want to take them for a little while. I don’t like how they make my head feel.
Oh Carol.... :ugh: It's a tough surgery but I know you can do what needs to be done. The whole trick to success is making sure you are religious about doing your PT exercises. Do you have someone coming to stay with you afterwards? And do you have to cope with stairs at your house?

I agree that radiation and chemo do a real number on the joints. My knee went bad after my bout with chemo as well. It probably would of anyway because of the injuries to it but the chemo sped things up big time. And I think it's had an effect on other joints as well; especially my neck at the top of my spine.

I hope you get through this quickly. I know how hard recovering from surgery can be.

Carol - I wish you nothing but best of luck and the most speedy and fullest of recoveries. Do your PT (whether you like it or not) and I believe you will be fine.

I know we are anonymous and remote from each other, but if there is anything I can do for you, let me know.

Make sure to check in after the surgery and let us know how you are doing, right?

@CarolKing, I'm sorry to hear this. Radiation? I must have missed that. Are you cancer free now?

I wish you the best and a pain free recovery!

I have a tear in my meniscus. Dr. and I have decided to try to let it heal on it's own without surgery.
I now have 60 days of limited duty at work.

I had breast cancer in 2016 and went through radiation in 2017. I’m cancer free so I’m thankful it was caught early. Remember to all the female asylum members get your yearly mammograms. It will save your life. My cancer wasn’t invasive. It was found in the milk duct and hadn’t escaped yet.

Far as the knees goes I have had to use a cain off and on for almost a year. I’m ready to get my mobility back, I need to get back into life.

I had breast cancer in 2016 and went through radiation in 2017. I’m cancer free so I’m thankful it was caught early. Remember to all the female asylum members get your yearly mammograms. It will save your life. My cancer wasn’t invasive. It was found in the milk duct and hadn’t escaped yet.

Far as the knees goes I have had to use a cain off and on for almost a year. I’m ready to get my mobility back, I need to get back into life.

Very happy to hear you're cancer free.

Happy first day of Spring everyone... winter is FINALLY over! Now someone just needs to tell Mother Nature... :lol:

IMG_3837.jpg

Happy first day of Spring everyone... winter is FINALLY over! Now someone just needs to tell Mother Nature... :lol:

The fuck? Your seasons start in the middle of a month? Autumn started three weeks ago for us.

Oh Carol.... :ugh: It's a tough surgery but I know you can do what needs to be done. The whole trick to success is making sure you are religious about doing your PT exercises. Do you have someone coming to stay with you afterwards? And do you have to cope with stairs at your house?

I agree that radiation and chemo do a real number on the joints. My knee went bad after my bout with chemo as well. It probably would of anyway because of the injuries to it but the chemo sped things up big time. And I think it's had an effect on other joints as well; especially my neck at the top of my spine.

Sorry to hear about everyone's struggles. I'm familiar with the after-effects of chemo and radiation. Seems as though those treatments buy us some time (or a lot of time) but not always without future complications. I've experienced many long term effects over the years. The experience sure has changed my perspective on life.

Carol, your comment about shopping & loading up reminded me of myself. I've done the same a few times. I have a variety of buds in c-vaults with boveda packs that are as sticky as the day I bought them well over year ago. Haven't sampled them in some time so I don't know if they're good or not. Guess I overloaded...

I wish everyone a smooth and painless recovery through these difficult times / procedures.

Just thought about @CarolKing ... she had her knee replacement last Thursday. And I know she's probably in a world of hurt. But I also know she's a tough cookie. She's gone through a lot in the last couple years and has come through with flying colors. This will be no different.

Thinking of you Carol....

Yesterday, I collected the final piece of evidence I needed to prove that we have slipped into a weird alternate time line:

I had a 30 minute rational adult conversation with my super conservative father, an Evangelical preacher in the Bible Belt, about which CBD:THC ratios might be best for my mother's chronic condition.

Just thought about @CarolKing ... she had her knee replacement last Thursday. And I know she's probably in a world of hurt. But I also know she's a tough cookie. She's gone through a lot in the last couple years and has come through with flying colors. This will be no different.

Thinking of you Carol....

I feel your pain @CarolKing . I just got a new hip Tuesday and came home today, the next day. A 2.5 hour ride home in a foot of fresh wet heavy snow. But I know knees are worse. Hope your doing well.

Mom, my surgeon did an anterior approach, or through the front. I actually could have went home the same day if we didn't have far to go and if it wasn't storming so bad. No restrictions on movement at all. My surgeon just said if it hurts, just back off. I'm using a walker for now, but I think I can dump it for a cane soon.

Mom, my surgeon did an anterior approach, or through the front. I actually could have went home the same day if we didn't have far to go and if it wasn't storming so bad. No restrictions on movement at all. My surgeon just said if it hurts, just back off. I'm using a walker for now, but I think I can dump it for a cane soon.
Wow.... you would have gone home the same day??? That's sort of crazy.... I was in the hospital for 2 days. But I guess the method they used for you requires less trauma to the leg and it's less invasive. Lucky you!!! I'm so glad to hear it went well and that you are doing so well.

What a white knuckle ride home tho....

I am all about equality & diversity. I do not believe in filling quotas to tick a box I believe in the best person for the task is the best person for the task.

Yet I find it infuriating that every single football show I watch be it Rugby League or Aussie Rules seems to have at least one female host if not the main network host. Some of the female hosts are extremely knowledgeable & are welcome additions in my eyes. What is not so welcome is the need to put the female motorsports presenter on 2 or 3 shows a week when her knowledge is limited at best. Another show that breaks down each team selected on a Thursday night was hosted by 4 legendary coaches/players with a million accolades & lifetimes in the game. They have been replaced by an admittedly very attractive but inexperienced female host in her mid 20's & 3 guys that achieved fuck all in the game.

What is happening? Am I getting old? Some of the female hosts I really like & respect their learned opinion but being force fed a mandatory female component is giving me the right hump when it is at the expense of highly esteemed former players with journalism degrees. Maybe I am just getting old & cranky?

Wow.... you would have gone home the same day??? That's sort of crazy.... I was in the hospital for 2 days. But I guess the method they used for you requires less trauma to the leg and it's less invasive. Lucky you!!! I'm so glad to hear it went well and that you are doing so well.

What a white knuckle ride home tho....

I would recommend this type of hip surgery to anyone. I couldn't be happier. Now comes the parade of pt persons and visiting nurses.

I've not had any pain pills today, but I did sneak in a vape session this morning before the medical people showed up. And frankly it worked better than hydrocodone. My leg discomfort just melted away. This herb is amazing.

Anyone heard from Carol? I hope she's doing well.

Anyone heard from Carol? I hope she's doing well.
I heard from her last week and she said she was in some pain and had some swelling. I hope she's doing better now. That first week or so after a knee is pretty hard.

I've not had any pain pills today, but I did sneak in a vape session this morning before the medical people showed up. And frankly it worked better than hydrocodone. My leg discomfort just melted away. This herb is amazing.
That is amazing and good for you! I've found that herb does wonders as well.

Interesting that they have you on PT. I received none for either of my hips.

So ten days out from hip replacement and I'm using just a cane about 90% of the time, and a walker 10%. baby steps.

5 AM my wife wakes me to tell me the power is going out briefly then coming back on. No biggy, I have a generator in my pole barn. We wait a while and about 6 AM power stays off. I pull on my pants, boots and coat. My wife backs my truck up to the garage through a foot of fresh wet snow, with 3 foot drifts. I use my walker to go to the truck through that foot of wet snow. She drives the us 200 feet to the pole barn. We get out, go to the barn, get out the generator, start it, hook up the 30 amp power cord, open a breaker box to operate a lock out switch to engage the generator. My wife does the heavy lifting but has no experience in this operation.

My little grow op is out here as well, so I have to re strike lights, reset timers and so on.

We reverse out steps and go back to the house in our truck. A hour later my neighbor texts me that the power is back, lol. Back out we go.

So rehab is going well and I'm getting my exercize. Hope everyone is well.

So ten days out from hip replacement and I'm using just a cane about 90% of the time, and a walker 10%. baby steps.
Look at you! :thumbsup: I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well.

My wife backs my truck up to the garage through a foot of fresh wet snow, with 3 foot drifts.
You guys got nailed up there. We were 'lucky' with just 1/2" of ice. But our power has been sporadic as well. In fact it just flickered out as I was writing this..... Hopefully we don't lose it completely. Things are starting to melt and get heavy.

I have been after my husband to get a generator for... about 30 years now. He keeps saying he's going to do it. Just wont commit to when. :shakehead: Might be time to take matters into my own hands.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back