Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

I just read through some of the posts. @momofthegoons sorry to hear about your car accident. I hope you are doing OK. A scary thing to go through.

I hope not too many of you are expecting any packages from Japan, DHgate or China. I don’t know where it’s containers are from. The Suez Canal is blocked by The Evergreen cargo ship owned by Japan It’s operated by a Taiwanese company. I didn’t know they stacked them so high with train cars.

Edit
It’s causing a huge backlog of ships trying to get through. Just heard they may have to unload all the containers with a crane :ugh:

Last edited:
I may be paranoid but I think I spotted a fellow dabber as a guy smiled at me knowingly as I left Kmart with 3000 qtips stacked under my arm,
1617438917466.jpg

Only AU$2 per 600, paper shafts with pure cotton tips!

I love how people say that having a puppy is like having a new born. I mean... the basics are sort of the same; Sleep, eat, poop, play.

However, newborns wear diapers and when you wake up during the night, you sit in a rocking chair (inside) all cozy and rock while you feed them.

Puppies? You're standing outside in the cold rain in the middle of the night saying 'good boy.' You're cleaning pee and poop off the floor and dealing with needle teeth wanting to bite and shred everything they shouldn't have in their mouth; including your toes.

Personally, I think puppies are wayyyy harder lol.

Took this pic a couple of days ago of my mozzie zapper...organic, totally harmless...pretty well,
1618402859795.jpg

He obviously likes my new paint scheme. :thumbsup:

Had a steroid epidural today for my L4 and L5 discs that’s creating my sciatica on both sides. It took so long to get this scheduled. So many different appointments before they would schedule it.

I had my brother come with me in case I had a reaction, like a headache. They said I needed a driver to take me home. I came from work and had my car key fob in my work bag. I kept my car running. Went in the house and dropped off my bag and had my purse. My brother and I drove to the pain clinic. Luckily I didn’t turn my car off and realized my key was at home in my bag.
I had my brother drive back to the house while I had the procedure. I told him specifically to grab my bag told him exactly what it looked like and that it was sitting on a chair. He came back with the wrong bag. Was worried driving the car with no key fob.

I’m hoping for great things. Tired of the pain and don’t want surgery. Using some ice right now and using some orange cream in my vape pen. What a busy, painful week.:weed:

Last edited:
@CarolKing you poor thing... sciatica absolutely sucks. I’ve had it on one side but can’t even imagine both sides.... I hope you get relief from that epidural. But in all honesty, I found the best thing was physical therapy; working on my core. Also the therapy pool I go to. Hanging in the deep end with a noodle is like traction and gives a lot of relief.

Had a steroid epidural today for my L4 and L5 discs that’s creating my sciatica on both sides. It took so long to get this scheduled. So many different appointments before they would schedule it.

I had my brother come with me in case I had a reaction, like a headache. They said I needed a driver to take me home. I came from work and had my car key fob in my work bag. I kept my car running. Went in the house and dropped off my bag and had my purse. My brother and I drove to the pain clinic. Luckily I didn’t turn my car off and realized my key was at home in my bag.
I had my brother drive back to the house while I had the procedure. I told him specifically to grab my bag told him exactly what it looked like and that it was sitting on a chair. He came back with the wrong bag. Was worried driving the car with no key fob.

I’m hoping for great things. Tired of the pain and don’t want surgery. Using some ice right now and using some orange cream in my vape pen. What a busy, painful week.:weed:
I smashed the same discs and feel your pain.
I sure hope you get feeling some relief!
Wish I had some great pearl of wisdom just........it will pass.
:hug:

I am with Yoda,
1618965437377.png

I've been waiting almost 3 months for them to replace a part on my double ovens.... swear to god the more you spend and the more bells and whistles you get, the faster they break.

View attachment 26882
I went through a name brand dishwasher a year for 5 years here cuz my waters semi solid..........pulled out a working old Maytag that had been here for years.

Took this pic a couple of days ago of my mozzie zapper...organic, totally harmless...pretty well,
View attachment 26595
He obviously likes my new paint scheme. :thumbsup:
huntsman spider?

We have wolf spiders here in Maryland....and sometimes in my home. Very similar but while large they don't get dinner plate large like Huntsmans.

They really are shy and want to avoid you, but they also have shit eye sight and may run at you as soon as run away from you.

I tend to leave them alone and they often just mosey on and find some dark place to hide and hunt. But if they don't, sadly is the Raid bug spray.

By the way, I like the paint also! ;-)

Ah, Carol. I had a laminectomy for a left L3/L4 foraminal herniation that sort of crushed that nerve root so I have had continuing pain since but not to the degree of before the surgery and indeed over time that nerve root has healed a good bit...still kind of cross wired but better over a long period.

Laminectomy wasn't bad...minimally invasive. This was 13 years ago. Since then the disk has "collapsed". I asked the neurosurgeon what that meant and the answer was "you don't have a disk there anymore....its bone on bone" Yeah! sigh

So starting about 14 months ago I had a series of two sedation cortisone epidurals and wow....did that help. Especially just walking out of the office afterward, I felt like an 18 y.o. again...well, sort of. haha There is some sort of local anesthetic in the shot so that helped a lot. After the first shot...about 10 days after...I had some rebound so had the second in the series after a month. Those two shots held me over for almost a year.

I too am trying to avoid another surgery as this time it would be an L3/4 fusion and I don't want that unless I absolutely have to.

I'm sure you know that cortisone epidurals are not a long term solution as they tend to make bones in the area brittle and effect connective tissue too, I believe. So while they were willing to do series of shots very six months, I went on a year long schedule and had a second series this past Jan. Not quite as dramatic of a beneficial effect as my experience is that steroids tend to become less effective over prolonged usage. High dose oral Prednisone taper (really high...60 mg start) was magic 12 years ago but don't really help now.

If the underlying mechanical issue is still present, IMO epidurals are temp solutions and do not resolve the actual problem. But, I did find some relief from them.

Right now, I went to see a Physiatrist for an eval to see if phys therapy could possibly help. Not my idea as PT will never get me space between those two vertebrates again, but I was worn down by my primary (go to PT, go to PT, go to PT...sigh) and my son who graduates in a week with a Phd in Phy Therapy (go to PT, go to PT, go to PT...sigh). So, I'm trying not to have "contempt prior to investigation". haha

Now, he did surprise me with something....he said that my recent pain in that left leg is also very similar to a hip joint problem...so, I'm getting an x-ray this afternoon. That would actually be good news as that's very treatable...back, not so much. The site of the pains I'm having is the same place as from damaging that nerve....so, it was not really possible for me to tell what was what. But, I have a background in tech and testing and I'm about fault isolation. And getting x-ray is no big deal so let's see.

I am scheduled for four weeks of PT....and I'll do it or never hear the end of it from my son. LOL

As you know, that nerve pain in the legs is just enervating....aside from plain hurting, over time it just wears my ass out and its getting pretty damn old.

I also was told to ice after the epidural and it was just fine. However, a very small bowl of Bubba Kush when I got home just plain knocked me out! haha

Hope the shots gives you relief. I know how it feels so I have great sympathy and wish you the best of outcomes.

Oh....have you had an MRI? Do you have a herniated disk or just a bludge which they can trim down. Not pushing surgery, but the impact and risk of "surgery" is really dependent on what the exact nature of the injury is and the exact nature of the surgical procedure.

Feel better soonest.

huntsman spider?
That's him, only scary looking...

I wonder when we will see all the new herb vapes released that have been talked about recently (and not so recently...CF/x2.0)

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back