Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

They're coming for the sleds too

Not something I personally would trust in Rocky Mountain Back Country lol

The electric cars are very popular in my area though

I think there is huge potential for an electric sports bike.. i would be interested in that as range wouldnt be an issue...
The thing is i still want a 6 speed sequential box....

I think there is huge potential for an electric sports bike.. i would be interested in that as range wouldnt be an issue...
The thing is i still want a 6 speed sequential box....

Range is always going to be the limiting factor IMO. Well, probably re-charge rate is the number #1 and range #2.

For example I'm supposed to be riding out from New York to Sturgis, South Dakota in August. Most direct route is approx. 1,750 miles. The amount of time I would lose on an e-bike stopping every X miles to recharge for Y minutes, would make it an extremely tedious ride. That's even assuming that I take a direct route and there are charging stations at appropriate distances along the entire route. Typically I like to be on back roads where I rarely see a charging station. I know I can get about 200 miles safely, more like 225 miles out of a tank and it'll take me less than 10 minutes to pull into a gas station, fill up and be back on the road for another 200+.

Outside of that, especially for commuting or joy riding around around locally, I think the electric sports bike market has a pretty big potential as well.

These Zero's are supposed to be absolutely insane, and priced very competitively IMO. The SRS is sweet, 124 MPH top speed, 160 mile range, 80 minute charge time. Missing 1 Down 5 Up would suck, but something about 140 ft lbs of torque, 100% on demand, with a 516 lb curb weight sounds like a great time. To put that in perspective, my Road Glide weighs 855 lbs and its 107 cubic inch gas motor puts out 109 ft lbs. Obviously not meant to be a sports bike though lol

HD came out with one, missed the mark IMO but interesting that they're even making an attempt in the first place

The only thing this can't pass is a charging station, just over 100 miles range on the highway (double in the city?), 152 mph!

edit...I want one!

Last edited:
Range is always going to be the limiting factor IMO. Well, probably re-charge rate is the number #1 and range #2.

For example I'm supposed to be riding out from New York to Sturgis, South Dakota in August. Most direct route is approx. 1,750 miles. The amount of time I would lose on an e-bike stopping every X miles to recharge for Y minutes, would make it an extremely tedious ride. That's even assuming that I take a direct route and there are charging stations at appropriate distances along the entire route. Typically I like to be on back roads where I rarely see a charging station. I know I can get about 200 miles safely, more like 225 miles out of a tank and it'll take me less than 10 minutes to pull into a gas station, fill up and be back on the road for another 200+.

Outside of that, especially for commuting or joy riding around around locally, I think the electric sports bike market has a pretty big potential as well.

These Zero's are supposed to be absolutely insane, and priced very competitively IMO. The SRS is sweet, 124 MPH top speed, 160 mile range, 80 minute charge time. Missing 1 Down 5 Up would suck, but something about 140 ft lbs of torque, 100% on demand, with a 516 lb curb weight sounds like a great time. To put that in perspective, my Road Glide weighs 855 lbs and its 107 cubic inch gas motor puts out 109 ft lbs. Obviously not meant to be a sports bike though lol

HD came out with one, missed the mark IMO but interesting that they're even making an attempt in the first place

Now that zero looks super interesting to me for summers here........thanks.

Just remember to not charge lithium batteries in really cold weather...it kills them if you try to charge at freezing or below temps that is why an electric Skidoo is a silly idea unless it uses a battery heater (how efficient is that?) or Lithium Titanate which I doubt. :twocents:

The uk weather is winding me up lately.. i should have a tan by now...
Instead its 12 degrees and wet.. all the time..
And no end in sight...
If i didnt have kids id move to the canaries..

169584341_3857526507667413_332173604378876032_n.jpg

letting it hang out without remorse.
Unless you are trying to get into leather pants...just not safe!
I need a set like these with an extra zip in the back with a rope tied onto the zipper to help pull it up,
1621690298717.png

Too long
A test!
I didn't study!
Good one though, love the sandals, shorts, no helmet and a passenger on bike that has the suspension for dirt
Someone's going for more of a ride than they bargained for
Want a bike so bad but the wife and her nurse friends call them donorcycles(think organ donation after head injury)

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back