Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Santa left a dabpress....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my answers to the questions, no entry :biggrin:

1. Tell us a bit about your cannabis needs.
I am a patient who takes cannabis for pain management, muscle spasms, GERD, and to a lesser degree my carpal tunnel. I have kidney and lung issues, so taking NSAID are not possible, opiates were my prior prescription but they didn't like to keep giving it to me, so I was on max doses of ibuprofin most days prior to MMJ. Thanks to the state of Colorado and my Doctor for his prescription. I take cannabis all day every day, concentrate vapor is the best my lungs can handle, otherwise I'd have to take edibles more frequently to give my throat a break. Lately here in the evening I have been taking an edible about 4-5h prior to bed, and waking up feeling completely refreshed, so I think I may have been experiencing some sort of sleep disorder.
  1. Why or how will rosin improve your wellbeing?
Rosin allows me to get my medicine from anywhere since flowers are the easiest meds to find. I can vape the rosin so I'm not punishing my lungs with the flower vapor every 2 hours, helps keep my lungs more clear. The effects that I get off of rosin are a lot like BHO but I feel there's something else to it, I'm not sure exactly what it is but it always feels more stoney than BHO, but not as stoney as flowers. Also, taking concentrates in general, but especially rosin, helps when higher doses of medicine are needed as I can just do a double session most times and that will get me the relief I need, versus flower just gets to be a bit much after the 20th hit.
  1. What devices you will be using your rosin in?
I love using my rosin in my SiC halo hooked up to my enail. I also enjoy it in my quartz banger and torch though one day I wanna get a coil for it. On the go like on the trail I use a vapcap or motar.

I use cannabis for pain, anxiety and depression.
Rosin, which i don't have a lot of experience with, seems the logical next step for me.
I have a ceramic nail for a bong I have, but have never used it. It would be great top give it a try. I have other vapes that are dab friendly too!

@ataxian My home my laws :peace: :volcano:

:myday:
I tried a few time to do a convection dab, but can't figure to make it worth.
Conduction low temp dabs are much more satisfying I found
:newspaper:
I got some shake 1/2 Oz that taste very grapefruit style. (Hybrid)
The Stone is smooth.
+I have TOP Shelf INDICA 4 2-night.
+PINEAPPLE EXPRESS OIL 4 my battery pen as well.
I hope FRANCE is as wonderful as where I live 4 cannabis products?

My all time favorite is the SiC halo because I can take a dab with my enail set at 580F, and then swab it clean with a drip qtip, then a qtip soaked in distilled water, easy cleanup and very tasty every time. I guess the next best is my quartz banger 25mm with torch but I get less waste on the halo. Maybe a little better flavor on the quartz?

My all time favorite is the SiC halo because I can take a dab with my enail set at 580F, and then swab it clean with a drip qtip, then a qtip soaked in distilled water, easy cleanup and very tasty every time. I guess the next best is my quartz banger 25mm with torch but I get less waste on the halo. Maybe a little better flavor on the quartz?
I want 2 try your setup?
My experience is limited!

The way we got WASTE PRODUCTION these dazes everywhere?
We use 2 import it from Some where far away? (If you’re on a different side of the Earth)

GRAHAM HANCOCK has wrote a great book called MAGICANS of THE GODS I recommend it 4 what’s it worth?
I’m FUCKED UP again?

One thing I like the idea of with rosin is it is just plant matter & heat, plus you do not have to do large runs of material so better for the solo consumer.

might be a dumb question but is it better to decarb before pressing? or what about decarbing before vaping. convert those Acids? or is the heat from a press/vape enough to convert

I've never done it, but my gut tells me it will hinder the yields on pressing. Generally for rosin you want to keep your buds stored in a sealed container with a stable relative humidity between 58-62%. The decarbed buds would be bone dry I imagine?

At pressing temperatures and time the buds spend during pressing will only marginally decarboxylate the rosin, the majority of cannabinoids will still be in their acidic form. The vapes will all decarb during use which is why we get high!

might be a dumb question but is it better to decarb before pressing? or what about decarbing before vaping. convert those Acids? or is the heat from a press/vape enough to convert
I prefer to decarb post press. It's way easier to decarb rosin than bud - just watch for the bubbles to stop. I have been meaning to dab a little of the rosin i'm cooking with to see if it's any more potent. I suspect a hot banger will fully decarb a dab, but something like a waxpen or box mod atty might benefit from a pre-decarb...

First I would like to say many thanks to both Dabpress and VaporAsylum for this giveaway! This is an amazing opportunity.

I use cannabis for both recreational and medicinal reasons. It started out because I love to get high but I've learned to use this plant to heal myself. It keeps me from being manic or from slipping into depressions. Keeps me fairly stable I'd say. I also infuse coconut oil and ingest it regularly to combat intestinal inflammation and to aid in sleep and also I love the high.

2. Why or how will rosin improve your wellbeing?

Long story short I cured my asthma with the use of clean low temp fullmelt bubblehash dabs. Having the ability to squish some of this bubble would further remove any irritants like the waxy outer trichome membrane which seems like it's a little prone to combustion/temp sensitive. So daily lowtemp rosin dabs will help to keep my lungs coated in a nice layer of natural anti inflammatory substance. It's the most efficient way of delivering lots of cannabinoids to the lungs in minimal inhalations. and It would also save me money on qtips lol as I would only need half the amount to clean out a banger as I do with bubble. A rosin press is the only tool I am missing from my solventless hash quiver and the main tool I am missing as a home grower.

3. What devices you will be using your rosin in?

These badgyals.

dabduo.jpg

Thanks again for the opportunity. Cheers and good luck to all.

Great replies all, enjoying learning about your cannabis life!

Here's some rosin I pressed a couple of days ago, swiss cheese auto by nirvana, 16% yield, it started out as a golden sap and buddered up after being in the jar for a day. Tastes like cilantro!

mwqr5t.jpg

I used about 1200 PSI at the end of the squish. To put that into perspective, the bj3t33 will be able to deliver 6000 lbs of total force. With the same amount of PSI that I used to press this rosin, you would be able to squish out a 5 sq/in puck, so 2.25 x 2.25" rectangle puck, or a 40mm cylinder puck, at the top end. This was pressed with the 30mm pre-press mold using 3.5g, a great pairing to the bj3t33.

Great replies all, enjoying learning about your cannabis life!

Here's some rosin I pressed a couple of days ago, swiss cheese auto by nirvana, 16% yield, it started out as a golden sap and buddered up after being in the jar for a day. Tastes like cilantro!

mwqr5t.jpg

I used about 1200 PSI at the end of the squish. To put that into perspective, the bj3t33 will be able to deliver 6000 lbs of total force. With the same amount of PSI that I used to press this rosin, you would be able to squish out a 5 sq/in puck, so 2.25 x 2.25" rectangle puck, or a 40mm cylinder puck, at the top end. This was pressed with the 30mm pre-press mold using 3.5g, a great pairing to the bj3t33.
...and life was good.
I try not to be a greedy pants, but you sure make it hard not to want one! :drooling::weed::drooling:
Oh wait, that's your job...Carry on.

I first starting saying goodbye to smoking cannabis after trying concentrates through a simple nectar collector at a friend’s house. I had never experienced such flavor, or effect, and the fact that all of that came without the terrible byproducts of combustion was a huge bonus. I had been a smoker for 18 years and had recently switched to an e-juice vaporizer, so the fact that I could also get cannabis effects without combustion was perfect.

I am currently a medical cannabis patient for back pain and migraines, but equally importantly to me is the off label use of stress relief, antidepressant, and anti-anxiety, things I have dealt with since childhood. Vaporizing flower definitely provides relief, but nothing has ever seemed to touch the benefits of rosin. My screen name was chosen because of how much “dabs” (what I thought all concentrates were called way back when) changed my life.

2. Why or how will rosin improve your wellbeing?

Rosin around here is unavailable, and concentrates are EXPENSIVE. I also feel like some concentrates don’t provide the same full spectrum benefits that rosin does. Flower is available, but as I mentioned, concentrates in general seem to provide more relief typically than flower, with rosin being at the top of the concentrates list. I also have children, and RARELY have time for a “session”, instead needing to quickly medicate and get back to the family. This often limits medication to concentrates. Being able to produce my own rosin would be a game changer for me, allowing me to effectively produce my own rosin and manage my symptoms more effectively.

3. What devices you will be using your rosin in?

At this point I simply use my DynaVap or my small water filtered nectar collected, but if I have been saving for the ditanium with it’s dedicated quartz nail, and I would largely use that as my “e-nail”.

Thanks to @psychonaut for the great giveaway, and to @momofthegoons for hosting such great giveaways like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back