Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape SHOW US YOUR BALLS - Ball vapes - user experience and comparisons

The real Taroma lite which has been retired for now takes about 200 3mmm balls
It's been replaced by the Taroma Lite Plus which takes 300 balls and a bit of coil stretching by the looks of things as it's the same diameter as the previous version but it's taller now
So I wonder how long it'll be before there's a Tiodw midi
(now I have a Tiodw mini making it's way to me as I type (which I think takes about 140 balls))
https://vaporasylum.com/threads/sho...er-experience-and-comparisons.1606/post-94797

Yup that's the amount it takes
The Tlite plus looks pretty good, they have used one of the ideas I had about stretching the coil - the 300 balls bring the running temps down from user feedback
I've had a design in my head for a good while (@LesPlenty knows I've had a few ideas)
My glass injector has the strecteched coil and about 300-400 balls

The Tiodw mini should work well
There will be a new one from b2cvape soon I'm sure

EDIT
Made an IG to go with the YouTube

Last edited:
I just clicked the link you shared and that's the V3
Here is a link for the mini (Tlite clone)
oops..... between your passing out and my not having enough caffeine.... we were a pair yesterday. :lol: And then the server crashed. Something in the stars lol...

I do have the mini in the cart. So it was just a mistake with the link. Thanks though.

Wow your vape area is organized....

How did you get the handles onto the coil cords? And were the handles something that you bought 'as is?' I like the stability they give the coils when in the holders.
Even more organised now :)
Picked up a bamboo desk/table shelf today
Extra space on my table now and helps keep things more organised, also fits most of my gogs/bowls underneath
The dual PID fits underneath nicely too

The table behind still has random tools/bits and pieces and a multimeter etc strewn around though
IMG_20230205_202833.jpg
IMG_20230205_202927.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 44401

Picked up some ruby balls from CH
3mm&4mm
Anybody done a mix of the different sizes in their ball chambers
In one of my heads I have a few 3.5 and 4mm sic mixed in with the mostly 3mm ruby
I generally just stick with 3mm though as it seems to be the sweet spot
My XL I am actually considering getting either 2.5/2.75 mm ruby or 3mm gem cut ruby to restrict the airflow a little as it has such an open draw
I get my ruby from b2cvape now, 200 pack is cheap and the 600 pack is even better value
They have 4 and 3mm now too

I am really enjoying the Tiodw Mini atm and think it is a brilliant budget performer
It rivals some of the more expensive options and besides the XL is the best choice in the B2cvaoe range atm and definitely the most value for money titanium head with performance
I will make a better review and video later
IMG20230222025424.jpg
IMG20230222025436.jpg
IMG20230222025536.jpg

Here's my re-upload of the Tiodw XL run through and demo

In one of my heads I have a few 3.5 and 4mm sic mixed in with the mostly 3mm ruby
I generally just stick with 3mm though as it seems to be the sweet spot
My XL I am actually considering getting either 2.5/2.75 mm ruby or 3mm gem cut ruby to restrict the airflow a little as it has such an open draw

I am really enjoying the Tiodw Mini atm and think it is a brilliant budget performer
It rivals some of the more expensive options and besides the XL is the best choice in the B2cvaoe range atm and definitely the most value for money titanium head with performance
I will make a better review and video later
View attachment 44473View attachment 44474View attachment 44475

Here's my re-upload of the Tiodw XL run through and demo

Tried the 4mm rubies and noticed a big drop off in flavor
Switched back to 3mm
Need to use a towel next time I pull my rubies to clean them
Hell is chasing 3mm rubies all over the house
They bounce and roll forever

Was a bit surprised that the size of the balls makes a difference like that
Its all about heat retention

2.5mm, interesting
Hell got another ring
Given my experience with the 4mm, smaller seems to be the way to go

Switched back to 3mm
Need to use a towel next time I pull my rubies to clean them
Hell is chasing 3mm rubies all over the house
They bounce and roll forever

Was a bit surprised that the size of the balls makes a difference like that
Its all about heat retention

2.5mm, interesting
Hell got another ring
Given my experience with the 4mm, smaller seems to be the way to go
Larger gives you less restrictive airflow
That's about the only benefit I see

Smaller gives you more surface area
So that is more hot surface to heat up and release that heat as air flows over/through it, and it also seems to help store/retain the heat while dumping it
That will effect the flavour as well as performance
The smaller you go the more restrictive the airflow
This is where usually 3mm seems to be the sweet spot between airflow and performance (or a mix of 3 and others)
But in my XL I could possibly go smaller for extra restriction

3mm gem cut will be more restrictive and have more surface area than 3mm balls too

I notice no difference in flavor either but I do like the less restriction of the 4mm when mated to certain bongs. That said I am currently enjoying the 2.778mm SiC now I got the extra 100 in to do the job.

I got the Tiodw mini, working really well at about 550 with 140 ish 3mm rubies on the Qaroma bowl
Performance and vapour production is very similar to the Pinky, almost instant thick tasty vapour and will clear the bowl in 1 or 2 draws if you want.

So now I'm eyeing up the Zaroma and Taroma lite pluses next lol
And hoping they make a Tiodw midi or lite plus with a similar size body to the Taroma lite plus and TKO at some point
altho it does look like they need a lot of coil stretching to cover the extra height and ball capacity

and quite fancy trying some Zirconia, Silicon Nitride or Silicon Carbide balls in them at some point

I notice no difference in flavor either but I do like the less restriction of the 4mm when mated to certain bongs. That said I am currently enjoying the 2.778mm SiC now I got the extra 100 in to do the job.

In the flower pot it made a big difference
The 3mm could fit in the neck of the intake providing that much more surface area to get heated
I can see how the airflow from the bong or water pipe could affect the function of the balls

Jcvap have made adaptor cords I asked them to
Two options in either direction
Can use any PID/coil combination without having apple connection issues between manufacturers
Only $19

Jcvap have made adaptor cords I asked them to
Two options in either direction
Can use any PID/coil combination without having apple connection issues between manufacturers
Only $19

Should we get both?

Should we get both?
I would try to get the correct pin-out that you need to start with as having these around would cause me to mix something up for sure...they are a good option if you already have a non-standard pin-out though.

I would try to get the correct pin-out that you need to start with as having these around would cause me to mix something up for sure...they are a good option if you already have a non-standard pin-out though.

My thought process is future proofing
If a coil goes and you have to order from a site you don't know
We live in a time of what you order is not always what you get
These may have come in handy with my misadventures of a trying to get a glass injector although I was never told what went wrong

Maybe a pinned thread with all the configurations
Names and vendors and their pin set ups so you can identify and match
Should probably order a spare coil for my flowerpot

I find myself using my peak pro for shatter & budder/badder
My banger for live resin and diamonds
The Lynx for rosin

Maybe a pinned thread with all the configurations
There are as many variations as a combination lock with 4 digits (the AC is not polarity specific). :twocents:
This is how to check your pin out. I have simply cut, rearranged the wires, twist and heat shrink (I did not solder as I do not know how the resistance measuring from the DC input would be affected) to make them suit my Auber configuration that seems to be pretty standard in the US.
I keep this link in my Favorites list,

Should we get both?
Both will cover all options
But that only matters if you are intending on buying another PID controller
If you only want the one PID you will only need the cord that goes from your PID to the other style coil wiring to cover you for future needs

Atm I have double checked with him that he has 120v and 220v options on the coils
Waiting for a reply

These would look good in your lab glass baller @felvapes, so many sizes to choose from and they work out pretty cheap too!
Hda47c94cdaac447c8f8684a55817da5cP.jpg

The material sounds well suited to our application...Google on cubic zirconia,

Particularly in the chemical industry it is used as window material for the monitoring of corrosive liquids due to its chemical stability and mechanical toughness.
Mechanical properties of partially stabilized zirconia (high hardness and shock resistance, low friction coefficient, high chemical and thermal resistance as well as high wear and tear resistance)

These would look good in your lab glass baller @felvapes, so many sizes to choose from and they work out pretty cheap too!
Hda47c94cdaac447c8f8684a55817da5cP.jpg

The material sounds well suited to our application...Google on cubic zirconia,

Particularly in the chemical industry it is used as window material for the monitoring of corrosive liquids due to its chemical stability and mechanical toughness.
Mechanical properties of partially stabilized zirconia (high hardness and shock resistance, low friction coefficient, high chemical and thermal resistance as well as high wear and tear resistance)
I've looked at cz for a while
Some people use them and like them a lot
Others not as much
I'm also looking at zirconia (not cubic) lately and from a few people feedback am considering trying those too
Good flavour I've heard

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back