Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy The Garden Thread

So this is my garden...

Snapchat-132291693.jpg

I tried to winterize my potted begonias. I kept them dry in the garage all fall and winter. I haven’t seen any sprouts so I dug it up and nothing. They all look dead. So I bought some new ones. I will continue to baby these along to see if they eventually sprout. I had five they were so beautiful last summer. You can over water a begonia and they will get root rot. There are so many varieties to choose from. A nice plant for partial sun.

I tried to winterize my potted begonias. I kept them dry in the garage all fall and winter. I haven’t seen any sprouts so I dug it up and nothing. They all look dead. So I bought some new ones. I will continue to baby these along to see if they eventually sprout. I had five they were so beautiful last summer. You can over water a begonia and they will get root rot. There are so many varieties to choose from. A nice plant for partial sun.
Iv been using hydrogen peroxide to combat root rot..
Im still learning when it comes to house plants..
Its not the same as growing cannabis...
I cant keep my peace lily alive for shit..

Really? I've found that's one of the easiest plants to grow. They like low or diffused light and to be kept watered. And that's about it.

Yeah see im doing all this.. it just wants to die..
I think i over watered... he did have root rot.. been treated.. hoping he recovers..
IMG-20210519-WA0005.jpg

Dont have any issues with any of my other 70 odd house plants...

Yeah see im doing all this.. it just wants to die..
I think i over watered...
Wait to water until it starts to 'go down.' Not completely... but a slight 'wilt.' Then don't overwater at that time. Even if you overwater.... it's a pretty forgiving plant unless it's every time and too often. Then the leaves will turn yellow.

Is there any healthy growth on it right now? If so, clip off anything that looks yellow or dead.

Wait to water until it starts to 'go down.' Not completely... but a slight 'wilt.' Then don't overwater at that time. Even if you overwater.... it's a pretty forgiving plant unless it's every time and too often. Then the leaves will turn yellow.

Is there any healthy growth on it right now? If so, clip off anything that looks yellow or dead.

Iv added a picture.. i will remove the yellow bits..
Thanks for the advice.. maybe we need a seperate house plant thread??

Got a new plant yesterday..
Monstera adansonii

IMG-20210519-WA0006.jpg

Been buying rooted and unrooted cuttings..
Far cheaper than the full plant...

Got a pothos too
IMG-20210519-WA0008.jpg

Iv got PAS

Iv added a picture.. i will remove the yellow bits..
Looking at that.... it looks thirsty. But healthy otherwise.

Maybe repot it into pot thats a bit bigger. And when it starts to 'go down' like that.... water till water comes out of the drainage hole then leave it till it dries out again.

It's a forgiving plant.... my bet is it will start to thrive.

Looking at that.... it looks thirsty. But healthy otherwise.

Maybe repot it into pot thats a bit bigger. And when it starts to 'go down' like that.... water till water comes out of the drainage hole then leave it till it dries out again.

It's a forgiving plant.... my bet is it will start to thrive.
Yeah i think the root rot has effected its ability to absorb water... hopefully its being busy below ground making new root systems.. and will recover soon.. will keep you posted on progress....

Todays new purchase..
Golden pothos...

IMG-20210521-WA0002.jpg

4 quid, bargain...

propagate the healthy cuttings once a while, too that helps you prbly do this already Mrs. Green thumbs.
Haha! My house is indeed stuffed full of house plants; over 300 at last count and I've been gardening my whole life. But the tillandsia genus has eluded me somehow. I think it's because I tend to neglect them and they never seem to make it into the plant care routine. I applaud your wonderful success with them. They look happy and healthy!!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back