Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass The Glass You Use

@LesPlenty and everyone, thank you for the suggestions and feedback! The Spherical Pocket Bubbler does look like a nice little bong. With my current budget though, I have the option of getting the little one or waiting to buy one at a later date. Cheap option is a plus, but I do see the benefit of investing in better quality glass for the long run. I aim to buy the Edge on black Friday sale, which will be the gift for myself this year and I am splurging. I am thinking of getting the bubbler attachment, but I am not sure which would be best - the alternative would be to to get the WPA with the Edge instead of the grinder, then I would be looking at a bong and a grinder in the future, but that I could use with both vapes. The nice thing about the bubbler attachment for the Edge is that it is indeed small. I am trying to keep it minimalist as I don't have a lot of room for storage.

So, two options I see are:
1. Get the Edge with grinder($30) included, and get the capsules and bubbler attachment on sale. Wait to get a bong and a WPA sometime next year.
$150(vape) + $15(caps) + $25(bubbler) = $190 - less with whatever discount there may be, but thought I would do the math for comparison.
Next year - $40+shipping(bong) + $12(WPA) = $52+
Total for vape, grinder, wpa, bong and bubbler attachment= $242
2. Get the Edge with WPA and capsules. Look at getting a bong sooner than later. Get a grinder next year.
$150(vape) + $15(caps) + $12(WPA) + $40(bong) = $217
Next year - $20-30 (grinder)
Total for vape, grinder, wpa, bong and (no bubbler attachment) = $247

I am leaning toward the original plan of option 1 as I am above budget already. This way I can have more time to think about what bong to get as well as accumulate funds (if all goes well). Having the bubbler attachment might be nice too if I do pack to go somewhere (although that may not be for a while, sigh). I doubt I will be ever packing a bong along! :lol:

A bong along, a bong along song! (don't mind me)

Last edited:
Don't feel bad. I was high and bought one of those juice box bubblers...I literally have it hidden away because of the shame.

.....thanks for reminding me.

Anyway, there is also the silibong option for smallness. I've dabbled and it was OK...but I felt that the device retained scents...not in a bad way, but enough that I prefer glass or titanium.

...aesthetically wasn't as enjoyable.

I guess you're a serious hobbiest when you start worrying about these things

I was going to say, please have no shame in bubbler choice! Then I looked it up.... :lol:
Kidding. Who cares! In certain groups, that would be like the most awesome party joke bong there is! Certainly can't call it classy, but that doesn't mean it has no appeal.
Thnx mang for your understanding.

...and for me, part of the recovery process is admitting that I have a problem. In my excuses though I was super duper high

20201114_133818.jpg

To be fair, it may actually work as well as some of the others I've seen in this thread. Still not one of my prouder moments

A bud vase... :rofl:
A bit small for mine....hehe
2. Get the Edge with WPA and capsules.
The free grinders are nice...to give as presents, really worth buying a decent 3 piece in the long run as a pair of scissors will work fine...a wpa is a must for me...funny how I never liked bongs when combusting, only spliffs for 30 years.
I think I like bongs with vapes due to dryness...who knows?

The other option is to buy a cheap downstem & make a mason jar waterpipe. You are really only limited by your stoner ingenuity.

Typical Redidiots...that mini bong is useless. :twocents:
This might be a better small form option as it might actually do some cooling and you can mate your mouth to it, the flange on the mini DHGate job is a real PITA to seal against,
View attachment 22189
I have, and love, this Spherical Pocket Bubbler from Grav. Grabbed the conical one as well. I've never been disappointed with Grav. Would love to get one of their Helix bongs one day.

Bought 2 of these and when they arrived, I then realized that I could use an 18mm F/F on the 75 degree socket on both and make a glass bridge. My EVO and water piece are forming a special bond. :science:

s-l500.jpg

View attachment 22117
Any ideas on a dropdown that will fit better than this on a dewer joint?
Nope, its a tough one to find. But, I bet Oregon Glass Blower would make you one. I have an FC-188 that is the same or similar and damn if I could find one. Now, my Mobius Atom is dewar style but I wouldn't buy one until I also found the Mobious disk drop down that cleared the can....but that shit was EXPENSIVE.

Try OGB, maybe

444f on Shanes axial coil with ruby insert and pearls, Bud pick loader cap then spinner cap,

I have found my 12" Straight Fab works quite well with a banger (I did not like it with herb vapes or my Dnail that much as it is quite restrictive).
500f (trying to get thicker vapor) ruby insert and pearls,

A couple of little squeaks after that one!
I feel like my Halo gives thicker clouds and finishes the rosin quicker, more of a one-hitter than a banger as I had another 3 or 4 whispy hits after the above from the same blob of rosin.

Edit,
Here is the Dnail just after but at a lower temp.454f,

Only 1x whispy 2nd puff and finished.:nut:

Last edited:
Got a bong with perc for vape bonging...
20201128_143503.jpg

20201128_144436.jpg

A friend of mine some time ago, a couple of years ago ? Had a garage sale. Lost his job & needed money.

Long story short he had this bong hated it, told me just to take it. I gave him $25 for it.
Got it home put water in it gave it a test pull & was completely underwhelmed. & tossed it in my sock droor

2 years later I'm no longer a smoker & look at glass much different.

My sock door is probably one of the least important things in my life.
That is where this bong has been for I " think " 2 years.

Its an Incycler. I had no idea what this was until a few weeks or more ago.
I always had hard headed ideas about recyclers.
" I dont need no damn recycler simple & easy is best "

Anyways I was wrong ! A recycler that is built right kicks some serious ass. With taste & cooling that can be your benchmark.

That Dank label has to go. I have no desire to be a free advertisement for Chinese made glass
20201129_170349.jpg
20201129_170243.jpg

Last edited:
A friend of mine some time ago, a couple of years ago ? Had a garage sale. Lost his job & needed money.

Long story short he had this bong hated it, told me just to take it. I gave him $25 for it.
Got it home put water in it gave it a test pull & was completely underwhelmed. & tossed it in my sock droor

2 years later I'm no longer a smoker & look at glass much different.

My sock door is probably one of the least important things in my life.
That is where this bong has been for I " think " 2 years.

Its an Incycler. I had no idea what this was until a few weeks or more ago.
I always had hard headed ideas about recyclers.
" I dont need no damn recycler simple & easy is best "

Anyways I was wrong ! A recycler that is built right kicks some serious ass. With taste & cooling that can be your benchmark.

That Dank label has to go. I have no desire to be a free advertisement for Chinese made glass
Yeah, to me that's way more a concentrate rig than a flower smoking bong.

Nice piece

@Baron23, Please dont take this wrong. I am trying to wrap my mind around why people say this style water pipe / bong is for this or that. I find this one works well with a Dynavap tip. I do agree with you it's a great dab rig. It takes a stab & pull technique to work well.

I am just finding that what some say regarding glass, specifically recyclers doesnt agree with my assessment once I have the piece in hand. What is needed & is available is the temp & terp profile when pulled through piece. Until then it's just seat of the pants feel.

I've come to the conclusion that there is nothing magical with any glass piece. There are just bad & well made pieces.

Well made recyclers especially incyclers my personal fav, will now always be part of the regular glass I use when vaping through my DV.

To All Here Dont be closed minded as I was. Do some research if you haven't & give them a try.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back