Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass The Glass You Use

One of the best cannabis devices I own
Well worth the money
View attachment 33469View attachment 33470View attachment 33471

Been used almost everyday since it arrived

Tincandtoke & Thedev , Well thats cool, to have two positive reviews on this peice. My worries are the perc might be to aggressive. Though I've not heard or read of any stating this. This is on larger side of things for a vape piece for me.​

Oh my order has been delayed. DHL can get shipments here from across the pond days quicker than packages coming from some states. Things are a mess.

Last edited:
I was left a bit unsettled when I realized how big this peice is.

It is not by any stretch a peice I would grab for taste.
That said it is a very nice peice. At 16.5" it is easily the tallest peice I own. The Lattice perc has a more open sounding gurgle or gargle than I expected.

Makes a great X Large vape peice.Next to my daily driver a licit micro bubbler rachet perc. The Licit peice is kind of thin glass. But work fantastic. Favorite peice for flavor & cooling.
20220126_134700.jpg

Last edited:
I was left a bit unsettled when I realized how big this peice is.

It is not by any stretch a peice I would grab for taste.
That said it is a very nice peice. At 16.5" it is easily the tallest peice I own. The Lattice perc has a more open sounding gurgle or gargle than I expected.

Makes a great X Large vape peice.Next to my daily driver a licit micro bubbler rachet perc. They thin lite glass.but work fantasticView attachment 33531

Tried to get my Ditanium in the pic for scale
I find standing is the best way to hit it

I'm not experienced enough outside a volcano to offer an opinion on taste
Plus its my only water pipe in use right now
Have a 25 year old glass bong that would instantly shatter if used with today's gear

If you could give a little more info on the difference in taste when it comes to water pipes etc.
It helps semi newbies like myself look for the subtle things that enhance vaping

These are my thoughts & pretty much my thoughts based on my experience & taste buds. Also owning a decent size collection I've learned a lot from others on this journey & hobby.

To start with get a glass peice you enjoy looking at ... that feels good in your hand or is easy to leave stationary on table or desk.

Two good rules that can help guide your glass buying.

1) Smaller will most always produce better quality tasting vapor.

2) Less or no water at all, will in every case I've tried produce better taste
Small glass peices will most times give the best vapor quality & taste.
Percs that use less water I find to be a good thing.

EDIT: There is so much to cover with your question...
I hate coughing. At times its hard with some strains to treat the cough with out stripping terps. Its not always heat that causes one to cough. In the end when looking for the best peice it will always be a balancing act between what you want most & what might work best or less taste in some cases to decrease coughing. Bigger peice comes into play here.

A straight tube with a ice catch is a must have. It's cheap, simple, easy to pack & comes in multiple sizes. A bigger diameter tube makes adding ice easier. The ice catch being something I'm surprised more don't use. Taste can be manipulated a good bit by using a 38 - 45 mm size tube.

When vaping a larger piece gives more air & surface area that cools the vapor down. Cool it to quick & the vapor will collect & solidify causing reclaim when using concentrates. But this will be seen vaping flower also.

I'm not a fan of multiple percs. Shredding my vapor multiple times into tiny bubbles does nothing but wash away the terps.
What you end up with in most cases is a tasteless, cool hit that a lot of people refer to as being smooth. Not For Me.

Ask question others here know more than I. Gotta go catch a retarded horse.

Last edited:
These are my thoughts & pretty much my thoughts based on my experience & taste buds. Also owning a decent size collection I've learned a lot from others on this journey & hobby.

To start with get a glass peice you enjoy looking at ... that feels good in your hand or is easy to leave stationary on table or desk.

Two good rules that can help guide your glass buying.

1) Smaller will most always produce better quality tasting vapor.

2) Less or no water at all, will in every case I've tried produce better taste
Small glass peices will most times give the best vapor quality & taste

A straight tube with a ice catch is a must have. It's cheap, simple, easy to pack & comes in multiple sizes. A bigger diameter tube makes adding ice easier. The ice catch being something I'm surprised more don't use.

When vaping a larger piece gives more air & surface area that cools the vapor down. Cool it to quick & the vapor will collect & solidify causing reclaim when using concentrates. But this will be seen vaping flower also.

I'm not a fan of multiple percs. Shredding my vapor multiple times into tiny bubbles does nothing but wash away the terms.
What you end up with in most cases is a tasteless, cool hit that a lot of people refer to as being smooth. Not For Me.

Ask question others here know more than I. Gotta go catch a retarded horse.

Never thought about taste from that perspective
So this is my first opportunity to ask
Thanks for the info and opinion
It helps a lot!

Yup ! Keep that in mind, it is just my opinion. I do believe most have & others will find or have similar experiences to mine at least to some degree.

Now take these two below. The M&M & C2. There is a difference in size. One is $150 cheaper.

Taste difference between the to is close enough I would buy what I could afford or felt best using.
20220126_145300.jpg

Last edited:
Yup ! Keep that in mind, it is just my opinion. I do believe most have & others will find or have similar experiences to mine at least to some degree.
Dude U R Loved!
Then again I’m a pot head that loved paper joint’s & most of da tribe took bong rip’s!
Paper route during daZED & Confused era with sting ray bike.
Long blonde hair with screwed up hair do?
Water path (changed da game) glass make’s da CANNABIS flavorful!
Small mouthpiece is CIVILIZED 2-da MAX!
February is seed popping mouth MARCH 4-planting!
OCTOBER B-4 HALLOWEEN is da plan?
Waterpipe’s 4-testing 2-B—CIVILIZED?

In simple terms, the more percs and glass before it hits your mouth the smoother it will be
The least things in the airpath before your mouth the more flavour you will get

Find what works best and suits your needs within those parameters

The VA rattle can on DHgate is a winner sold by yingmin
It has very little in the way of percs yet smoothes the hit quite well, so you get to retain most flavour and smooth the vapour

Dry is always most tasty and the most hot/harsh
Water helps the smoothness but takes away some of the terps

A small recycler bubbler is really nice for dabs and keeps a decent amount of flavour as there isn't lots of percs yet the recycle action seems to smooth the hit

Here's one for the @LesPlenty ppl out there - saw this and thought of you straight away hahaha

Tried to get my Ditanium in the pic for scale
I have no idea about the size of a Ditanium and I doubt I would be the only person, a Bic lighter used to be the size standard for pics but I think an 18650 battery would be good for vapor focussed peeps.
The VA rattle can on DHgate is a winner sold by yingmin
Still my favorite. :cheers:
Here's one
If it had a bent neck it would be on order...might send them a message. :smoke:
Speaking of using glass dry, I just received my sintered disc and turbine piece from Yinmin,
1643253421505.jpg

It has a lot of restrictions...even without water, I think the vapor turbine will add more turbulence to the vapor (a version without the turbine disc is also available). It is in being cleaned along with all my DAAB glass accessories that just showed up...more info soon. :thumbsup:

Use this for scale next time
View attachment 33541

Using something for scale is pic taking 101
I'm still trying to get things in focus
Using some old kings foot as a reference is very old-fashioned and something I thought a country had a war to leave the empire would not want to use. :rofl:

You know I was so dabbed earlier I actually thought you meant you would use the tape measure itself as a reference

I didn't even think about the idea of you using it for its intended use :doh::rofl::dog:bonghit

Yes that would work fine in future pics mate..... Lol
Proper stoner thinking there hahaa

You know I was so dabbed earlier I actually thought you meant you would use the tape measure itself as a reference

I didn't even think about the idea of you using it for its intended use :doh::rofl::dog:bonghit

Yes that would work fine in future pics mate..... Lol
Proper stoner thinking there hahaa

Amazing how we interpret the world after a couple of bong hits

For what it's worth .... this M&M Lattice perc is really nice.
The can, main body seems to be of a good size in relation to its over all height.

But honestly ... I collect glass. I bought this peice because of the makers claims of it being their best work. Beyond this I had no expectations. I fully believed this would be a peice that would be looked at used once & put away for good.

If I had the space this peice would reside on an out of the way table for when I wanted a big rip. Which is becoming less as I try to maintain some semblance of a sane tolerance level

The M&M Lattice Perc is a good peice. It's a nice benchmark peice from a company that mass produces glass for a smaller community.

Last edited:
I have no idea about the size of a Ditanium and I doubt I would be the only person, a Bic lighter used to be the size standard for pics but I think an 18650 battery would be good for vapor focussed peeps.

Still my favorite. :cheers:

If it had a bent neck it would be on order...might send them a message. :smoke:
Speaking of using glass dry, I just received my sintered disc and turbine piece from Yinmin,
View attachment 33539
It has a lot of restrictions...even without water, I think the vapor turbine will add more turbulence to the vapor (a version without the turbine disc is also available). It is in being cleaned along with all my DAAB glass accessories that just showed up...more info soon. :thumbsup:

This isn't anything to guide anyone's glass buying by. I tried a couple of sintered glass percs & didnt care for them because of the restriction. However everyone's sintered glass perc is not the same as different glass blowers ratchet perc or circle perc etc. will be different from others.

Its become just one part of collecting glass that intrigues me. A glass blowers design speaks & reveals a lot about how the glass blower thinks & this is very cool to me.

felvapes post here brings up an important point. I was & probably still am to some degree a "Glass Snob" ... However after reading post here by felvapes & lesplenty I began to clearly see that China made glass made sense for a lot of people. For some it fills a very genuine need.

Unless one can spend over $500 ( there are exceptions) on a custom piece, in most cases you will not notice a big difference between two different pieces of the same size with different percs ... UNLESS they are used side by side. Again, my eyes watching the amount of vapor. My taste buds tasting it & just my thoughts.

This is where China glass comes into play for some. Find a couple different peices you like by known glass blowers then match it up to China made. It can save a lot money to be sure want you think you like does in fact work. Lot of people do this & never end up buying a custom piece. Aint nothin wrong with that.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back