Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass The Glass You Use

I've used $1000 bongs from known sources many times over the years
I find no where near the value in it as a DHgate bong

The function is not anywhere near improved by $900

Yes - some glass from China IS shit
Other makers do great work and the function is exceptional as is the shine

I was a glass collector till I saw too many people in need and I gifted most pieces on

I only have a few favorites that function brilliantly and are my regulars plus spares in case of breakage

I still get GAS and I still buy a new piece now and then
I often pass on pieces that don't get used anymore though instead of storing them all and no one benefiting from them

I know some customs are pieces of art
I know people who buy them have to justify the price
I know many function well - some function as shite as a DHgate bong from a shit seller

I'm happy with the "China" bongs
As I am with many other items out of there
The manufacturing has come around big time since we were kids and most of the things we buy that are branded and western company owned are made in china or have parts from there
In fact many of your favourite western brands are now owned by China and or India
Even some American sellers get the gate to make bongs and then on sell them as their own creation at 3 times the price - my recycler kromedome that @LesPlenty also owns is an example
I got mine from the gate and it's a brilliant hourglass recycler
I then saw it on a site in US for triple the price claiming they had made it and designed it all themselves (possibly designed by them and got DHgate to make)

I'm glad people enjoy their purchases
We all should regardless of the perceived quality
We have local blowers too and artisans who do great work - but they want to sell the piece as an artwork - whether hanging on a wall or a glass bong the value and quality of art is always subjective and doesn't necessarily equal the labour to create it or its function

Definitely love the ability to buy and try multiple designs through the gate too
Find your favourite and know what you want/like/fits your needs

Happy gassing everyone and happy vaping

We have local blowers too and artisans who do great work - but they want to sell the piece as an artwork - whether hanging on a wall or a glass bong the value and quality of art is always subjective and doesn't necessarily equal the labour to create it or its function

Definitely love the ability to buy and try multiple designs through the gate too
Find your favourite and know what you want/like/fits your needs

Happy gassing everyone and happy vaping

This is a a very good explanation along with the rest of your post.

Yes there are bongs, water pipes being made that should not bring their asking price. From someone that collects glass ... It gets Very Stooopid Very Fast.

This isn't anything to guide anyone's glass buying by. I tried a couple of sintered glass percs & didnt care for them because of the restriction. However everyone's sintered glass perc is not the same as different glass blowers ratchet perc or circle perc etc. will be different from others.

Its become just one part of collecting glass that intrigues me. A glass blowers design speaks & reveals a lot about how the glass blower thinks & this is very cool to me.

felvapes post here brings up an important point. I was & probably still am to some degree a "Glass Snob" ... However after reading post here by felvapes & lesplenty I began to clearly see that China made glass made sense for a lot of people. For some it fills a very genuine need.

Unless one can spend over $500 ( there are exceptions) on a custom piece, in most cases you will not notice a big difference between two different pieces of the same size with different percs ... UNLESS they are used side by side. Again, my eyes watching the amount of vapor. My taste buds tasting it & just my thoughts.

This is where China glass comes into play for some. Find a couple different peices you like by known glass blowers then match it up to China made. It can save a lot money to be sure want you think you like does in fact work. Lot of people do this & never end up buying a custom piece. Aint nothin wrong with that.
Glass breaker after many custom glass created and customize?
After $1,000’s for hard earned $ was spent for this folly DHGATE was my go 2!
Many pot headed hipppies told me 2 buy near my home but da cost was 2-high!
Since paper joint’s 4-many decade’s and during da dazed & Confused era water path 2012 became the way!
186 fc is my favorite with VAP toy!
Like U I have many size’s in da glass cabinet mostly for CANNABIS CONSUMPTION = CIVILIZED
EXPRESSO = fast thought!
CANNABIS = IDEA 4-CIVILIZATION
Waterpipe’s R very smooth as well!

All glass looks the same when in hundreds of pieces on the cement...I am now down to my last 18mm drop-down!
I just ordered these for spares, less than US$15 a pair,
1643435206442.png

I have asked Yinmin if they can get a 'S' shaped dropdown the same as this 'C' shaped long drop version,
1643432593350.png

My ultrasonic cleaner just found another fault, this time in my Puffco Call Cap,
View attachment 33446
Seems like the joint was never completed. Not being able to source locally I grabbed some Loctite 2-part clear epoxy suitable for glass,
View attachment 33449
I did not use the auto mix nozzle, just squirted a tiny bit on some plastic and mixed it with a toothpick. I drew a tiny line on the flat part of the carb and sat the bulb on top...no excess squeezed out. I left it to cure for a week in the sun and have now been using it for 2 days with no problems...not a bad fix for about 5 bucks as I now cannot tell it has been broken.
An update to the Loctite Epoxy...it worked great until I found out it turns to mush in 100% iso, I have just used super-glue this time...3 days and it has not come apart...yet.

An update to the Loctite Epoxy...it worked great until I found out it turns to mush in 100% iso, I have just used super-glue this time...3 days and it has not come apart...yet.
Lol good to know epoxy can be turned to mush with iso for future reference
I would have thought it would dry harder than that

How safe do you feel about either epoxy or super glue though?
I'd be a little worried about offgassing

I'd be a little worried about offgassing
I let them cure for a few days in the sun plus it does not get hot where I joined it (it is above the air intake hole as well).
No stock in Oz for a replacement helped with not worrying about of-gassing.
I suppose I could just get the latest JCVap 3d chamber as it comes with its own ball carb cap, only twice the price of a Puffcco cap with a Ti insert,
1645265066151.png

Decided to treat myself to some new glass. Pleasantly surprised at the overall quality & function for the $$.

20220310_181239.jpg

Unfortunately I had to pour out a 40 for my Mike Shea rig. Better than any J hook. I picked it up & this happened......

20220309_180417.jpg

Yingmin5 the maker of the VA Rattle Can now has som Seed/Flower Of Life perced water pipes at well under $100. I am thinking of getting the following incycler as I have not tried an incycler before...worth a try, anyone like incylers?
1649124896430.png

He also has the following j-hooks that look good and pretty cheap,
1649124844715.png

Yingmin5 the maker of the VA Rattle Can now has som Seed/Flower Of Life perced water pipes at well under $100. I am thinking of getting the following incycler as I have not tried an incycler before...worth a try, anyone like incylers?
View attachment 35004
He also has the following j-hooks that look good and pretty cheap,
View attachment 35003
They both look good
My ball vape likes a little bit of restriction in the bong draw, the incyclyer might work well
I like the dimpled hooks too

my daily is the roor 250ml with diffuser seems to be the perfect size for a dyna bowl, and the smaller is my travel piece, a roor pocket friend. All used with a dynavap. I also still have a roor 5ml lil sister green goblin in 18mm with 2 matching ash catcher and, colour matching diffusers and a shit ton on assessories/spares I no longer use, can show if anyone interested in seeing, had it years, all I use is 14mm these days. All bought from Germany. EDIT- Ah to hell with it here’s the green goblin lil sista as well.
3C64BA96-970B-425F-94BC-187988415072.jpg

5AE2ADC9-B497-4FD7-98CB-A18034E56678.jpg

AC513BBE-22E2-48F7-82AD-0CBF8AB4417D.jpg

Last edited:
Found some cheap j-hooks, we will see how 'nice' they are in a month or so, I ordered 3...always need spares!
I have been using Aliexpress a lot more lately now they have PayPal as a payment option.
I noticed that too with the PayPal
AliExpress has become worth checking as much as the gate lately

Got the j-hooks, they are OK but have a slight pinch at the mouthpiece and are a medium size rather than large like the broken one in the picture,
1658977486700.jpg

I like using my thumb as the carb cap when using these hooks.
I just ordered this version from DHGate as I think it is where I got the OG larger broken example above,

I just ordered this version from DHGate as I think it is where I got the OG larger broken example above,
https://www.dhgate.com/product/glas...age.astab.1.kx3uOCZDiUffrt15ZXvT&resource_id=
So I received the above j-hook and it is slightly larger than what I have but still not as large as the hook I broke...this is getting ridiculous, I now have about 5 of these glass hooks and I do not like any of them as much as my biggy.:frown:
The search continues...

Edit, I managed to find my OG hook on an old post but it is currently unavailable,
Bugger!

Last edited:
So I received the above j-hook and it is slightly larger than what I have but still not as large as the hook I broke...this is getting ridiculous, I now have about 5 of these glass hooks and I do not like any of them as much as my biggy.:frown:
The search continues...
unfortunately, I have the same 'sad' experience.
i'am massively in love with my'elevator j hook', and I can't find a cheap replacement atm.
Oooh well, maybe the time has come that china is not 'that' cheap anymore, which in my honest opinion would be a plus, so we can start paying our local glass artist the coin they deserve.:twocents::scooter::secret:.
love and peace Green Kiwi.

Today's solution so I can get a dab in without coughing up a lung due to finally getting Covid,
1660804329875.jpg

so we can start paying our local glass artist the coin they deserve
I ain't paying artist prices for consumable tools plus all the local AU stuff looks naf...like this $600 glass bowl, it is like they are only after the poser market :twocents:
1660804917965.png

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back