Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass The Glass You Use

China glass is still cheaper and more affordable
When local glass blowers start making glass for function and charging prices that reflect as much they will get my business
Even when we smoked out of the old glass Agung bongs we didn't pay the artisan prices
We always thought $60 for a glass bong and metal stem from the tobacconist was expensive and luxury enough

After seeing multiple people using this globe style of water piece, I decided I needed one too lol. So I purchased the Orb from @VGOODIEZ . I opted for the smoked glass. I'm quite impressed with it. Really a nice, inexpensive rig. I can easily see this piece being part of my regular rotation.

IMG_9281.JPG

Same Falling in love with the Orb, myself too.:cheers:.

I do agree ,with everything said by Less Plenty, but still for me it is a new experience, and I in general fall in love with every new..... in my garage.:peace::cool:.

I managed to get "green stone balls"... (found and rolled myself)down under here, where I live.
And in the B0, its a massive taste and experience wise compared to the 3 mm rubies before.

much aroha.

Same Falling in love with the Orb, myself too.:cheers:.

I do agree ,with everything said by Less Plenty, but still for me it is a new experience, and I in general fall in love with every new..... in my garage.:peace::cool:.

I managed to get "green stone balls"... (found and rolled myself)down under here, where I live.
And in the B0, its a massive taste and experience wise compared to the 3 mm rubies before.

much aroha.
I've seen some green agate balls
Wondered what if any difference to rubies there would be in my ball injectors

Or do you mean actual stone?

I got Yinmin to make the following version of a jhook,
1661753891328.png

And am getting him to make a listing for the above and 1 of each of these for a j-hook triple pack,
1661754233250.png

1661754279321.png

They usually list seperately and you usually have to buy multiple of the same item so I will advise the listing for the 3 different hooks when finalized!

Last edited:
Found the following that looks interesting,

I'd go as far as to say most American glass blowers hate DHGate and AliExpress... and with good reason.
Probably a true statement

Although they obviously aren't all that righteous or he wouldn't need the patent.
It's not the Chinese the patent protects him from, because they don't adhere anyway - the patent is to protect him from his fellow glass blowers ripping him off

Putting a patent on a fritted diffuser that was available to laboratories for decades just sounds like a US lawyer job-keeping ploy to me...that said my fritted disc foray in China did not go well. The bong just has too much restriction for my DNail SiC Nimbus...not tried it with 710coils banger yet...hmm, might try it tomorrow as I only use 1xdab rig per day.

Last edited:
Yinmin now has the new j-hook listed but not the triple pack I asked for, you have to buy 3 of the same ffs I give up,
I like the MP on those you linked
$8 is alright too
That have these as a two pack

Putting a patent on a fritted diffuser that was available to laboratories for decades just sounds like a US lawyer job-keeping ploy to me...
Those laboratory fritted discs do not work at lung pressure, they require much higher pressures to function. DG developed the process for making fritted discs that we can use for our purpose.

Speaking of which, here is my newly resurrected Rooster Apparatus. Fixed and now home again . . . :smile:

Fixed(1).jpg

---
Fixed(2).jpg

Those laboratory fritted discs do not work at lung pressure, they require much higher pressures to function. DG developed the process for making fritted discs that we can use for our purpose.

Speaking of which, here is my newly resurrected Rooster Apparatus. Fixed and now home again . . . :smile:

View attachment 39780
---
View attachment 39781
So does it get you more high than other glass or is that just spin ?
To me more vapour in the lungs gets me higher than more restriction in the airpath "removing impurities to get you higher"
The more reclaim caught by restrictions is less in my lungs and equals me being less high in my experience
Why a jhook can be a harder hit than a bong

I still think the rooster may be a nice and smooth bong possibly - just not sure about the claims of getting "higher" from the design is true

What's your experience?

I still think the rooster may be a nice and smooth bong possibly - just not sure about the claims of getting "higher" from the design is true

What's your experience?
I have never heard the claim that the Rooster Apparatus gets you higher. That's new to me. Is it smoooth . . . yes. Does it stack a lot of bubbles . . yes. Now that I thnk about it, it "scrubs" the vapor harder than any other perc I have so my "guess" would be that it would maybe get you less high since it might take out more actives than say an inline or a circ/shower dome/cap etc.

Edit: But then again, if you have sensative lungs and can take a larger hit then . . . :thinker:

I have never heard the claim that the Rooster Apparatus gets you higher. That's new to me. Is it smoooth . . . yes. Does it stack a lot of bubbles . . yes. Now that I thnk about it, it "scrubs" the vapor harder than any other perc I have so my "guess" would be that it would maybe get you less high since it might take out more actives than say an inline or a circ/shower dome/cap etc.

Edit: But then again, if you have sensative lungs and can take a larger hit then . . . :thinker:
I would have the mindset you use in that it would get you less high as it catches more reclaim and "actives"

The bigger hit idea maybe if you have sensitive lungs as you mentioned, but I will jhook a bowl with some vapes so not an issue here

I only asked because if you watch the video above that @LesPlenty posted it is a big part of his whole selling point and spiel - he claims that it gets you higher by catching "impurities" and giving a more "pure" vapour
He says the first time he used it he was amazed at how high he got so ran out to get a patent

I call BS and think like you - it will catch more thus getting you less high as less goodies reach your lungs
Possibly it will work to smooth a hit
Otherwise I don't see the science behind it at all

Possibly it will work to smooth a hit
Yes it does. I didn't watch the video so I'll have to go back and do that. I have used this Rooster for years and it never got me higher than any other perc as far as I could tell. It was just really smooth, tasty, and fun to use. Here is a test vid I made in 2012, one of the first vids I ever made, that shows the diffusion. like I said, the fritted disc kinda "scrubs" the vapor is the best way I can put it. I prefer it with concentrates over flower.

Yes it does. I didn't watch the video so I'll have to go back and do that. I have used this Rooster for years and it never got me higher than any other perc as far as I could tell. It was just really smooth, tasty, and fun to use. Here is a test vid I made in 2012, one of the first vids I ever made, that shows the diffusion. like I said, the fritted disc kinda "scrubs" the vapor is the best way I can put it. I prefer it with concentrates over flower.

Certainly looks like a fun bubbler
It sounds like it is more how I thought it would be from your description
Not so great for flower but could help smooth a dab with the restriction
That action looks great though and fun
Cheers for your feedback from a user - always good to hear user feedback over fanbois and marketing hype

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back