Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
What do you think about the following procedure with the quartz pearls?:

Besides, I shared this video in the session "The power of concentrates" of this forum and thanks to @felvapes an interesting question on the meaning of hybrid of the Volcano Hybrid arose.

The volcano video you shared I think the guy is a little confused in some ways
The hybrid system in the name I thought was not the conduction/convection like other vapes but the bag/whip/bong function
I thought the volcano was still considered a convection vape
Also most people I have read over the years - and I definitely found with the plenty, that the reducer is less effective than the usual large screen (use a liquid pad on top of the weed if want a smaller load) more air over the larger surface area seems to work better with these S&B vapes
Now his balls on top of the weed - his mention of diffusion and being able to turn the temps doesn't quite make sense with me - especially as the vapour is in the bag and cooling before you inhale anyway - and if you use the liquid pad as I mentioned it should "diffuse" in the same way

What do you think about the following procedure with the quartz pearls?:
A waste, if you want to do a small load use a vape with a small oven :twocents:

A waste, if you want to do a small load use a vape with a small oven :twocents:
I see. Yet the guy in the video seems to be very convinced of what is asserting :cool:
What do you actually mean with waste? It might be that this procedure is simply not worth because it wouldn't bring any advantages but would it else be a waste of what?

The Chamber of the VH is quite spacious, isn't it? How much weed do you load into that chamber?

What do you actually mean with waste?
Buying ruby terp balls to take up space...like putting perfume on a pig(flavour is not what the VH is renowned for), may as well use a stainless steel nut/balls in there...or fill it with herb like it was designed for.
Edit, I do not own a Cano, just its manual brother the Plenty.

Last edited:
I haven't got a cano
But I have the plenty also which is almost the same thing minus the fan and bags

If you want to use smaller loads just cover the weed with the SS liquid/concentrate pad to fill the space and it would add any conduction/diffusion etc mentioned
It works better with the material spread wider and getting more even airflow over it with these S&B vapes

I have used both the reducer and the open with pad on top in the plenty and although the reducer works, the flavour and performance is better using the original chamber

Either pack it full as @LesPlenty mentioned or use the liquid pad for smaller loads

As I said I don't have a cano, only the plenty, but have read similar from owners about the cano

Buying ruby terp balls to take up space...like putting perfume on a pig(flavour is not what the VH is renowned for), may as well use a stainless steel nut/balls in there...or fill it with herb like it was designed for.
Edit, I do not own a Cano, just its manual brother the Plenty.

I realise that you do not consider this procedure worth it. As for the balls, I seem to understand that the reason why one may as well use stainless steel balls instead of the ruby terp balls is that they would provide the same result but the former are cheaper!?

Well yes, it is surely a pleasure to fill the chamber with herb entirely :razz2: and it makes also more sense because the Volcano has been just designed with such a chamber but there might be situations in which one would like to use less material but nevertheless enjoy the Volcano. Believe it or not but that chamber is quite spacious :yikes: - it is worth mentioning that I still don't have a lot of :weed::hmm:. -
But filling the chamber fully would be around half a gram?! I think, I have never smoked/vaped half a gram of :weed: all at once.

Look how much material I have just vaped - I usually put more in - and it was nevertheless a nice vaping experience.

1662894506791.jpg

But I am not talking only about reducing the chamber but the guy in the video sustains that this is

"a way to get even more effect using considerably less weed." .

It sounds quite promising and tempting, doesn't it? He doesn't seem to be using those balls to reduce the size of the chamber. He is using a reducer to do it.
Apparently, using the reducer plus the balls because "makes this an even higher of an effect experience.....[....]..it offers a different type of diffusion once the air is being blown through the weed....[..].

That's what it's all about. Would those balls make magic?

If you want to use smaller loads just cover the weed with the SS liquid/concentrate pad to fill the space and it would add any conduction/diffusion etc mentioned
It works better with the material spread wider and getting more even airflow over it with these S&B vapes
I see. You are of the opinion that the liquid pad would provide the same result as the reducer plus the balls.

I have used both the reducer and the open with pad on top in the plenty and although the reducer works, the flavour and performance is better using the original chamber
I see. This is your argument for why you consider the pad on top vs. the reducer better.

I realise that you do not consider this procedure worth it. As for the balls, I seem to understand that the reason why one may as well use stainless steel balls instead of the ruby terp balls is that they would provide the same result but the former are cheaper!?

Well yes, it is surely a pleasure to fill the chamber with herb entirely :razz2: and it makes also more sense because the Volcano has been just designed with such a chamber but there might be situations in which one would like to use less material but nevertheless enjoy the Volcano. Believe it or not but that chamber is quite spacious :yikes: - it is worth mentioning that I still don't have a lot of :weed::hmm:. -
But filling the chamber fully would be around half a gram?! I think, I have never smoked/vaped half a gram of :weed: all at once.

Look how much material I have just vaped - I usually put more in - and it was nevertheless a nice vaping experience.

View attachment 39943

But I am not talking only about reducing the chamber but the guy in the video sustains that this is

It sounds quite promising and tempting, doesn't it? He doesn't seem to be using those balls to reduce the size of the chamber. He is using a reducer to do it.
Apparently, using the reducer plus the balls because "makes this an even higher of an effect experience.....[....]..it offers a different type of diffusion once the air is being blown through the weed....[..].

I see. You are of the opinion that the liquid pad would provide the same result as the reducer plus the balls.

I see. This is your argument for why you consider the pad on top vs. the reducer better.
I tend to think the liquid pad on top of the weed will work better than the balls as the balls will create spaces that the air can get around rather than going through the weed

I would use small loads in my plenty at times and the liquid pad was the go
It also helps if you use loads as small as your pic if you - 1 - make sure even if very thin that the weed covers the whole screen otherwise air will go around (path of least resistance) your weed not through it and then 2 - using the liquid pad on top of such a small load will help prevent the weed moving around once you have spread it over the screen evenly and ensure the air goes through the load

I tend to think the liquid pad on top of the weed will work better than the balls
the flavour and performance is better using the original chamber
Either pack it full as @LesPlenty mentioned or use the liquid pad for smaller loads
I like a full packed Volcano best.
The balls are technologically poor sense as they absorb heat.
Some of my patients use ABV to fill space, but I find that counter productive.
I agree that the reducer is a weak tool.
When I want a smaller load, I fill the chamber 100% and then I turn off the Volcano, and remove the chamber to reduce the chance for heat to continue penetrating the load.

View attachment 39947View attachment 39948

It is a poor design
The spacer or whatever its called does a mediocre job
I have to bring my volcano and filling chamber to the glass blower to get precise measurement for the adapter
Probably an after hours job

I am not sure if whether I got what you mean. alcohol by volume
I tend to think the liquid pad on top of the weed will work better than the balls as the balls will create spaces that the air can get around rather than going through the weed

It makes sense to me If the liquid pad on top of the weed has the same size of the chamber. Are we talking about this one?:

It also helps if you use loads as small as your pic if you - 1 - make sure even if very thin that the weed covers the whole screen otherwise air will go around (path of least resistance) your weed not through it
Yes, I always make sure that the weed covers the whole surface of the screen.

and then 2 - using the liquid pad on top of such a small load will help prevent the weed moving around once you have spread it over the screen evenly and ensure the air goes through the load

I understand that having the matching liquid pad on top of the weed should be better than without it when you have a small load
I like a full packed Volcano best.
The balls are technologically poor sense as they absorb heat
I also think that having a full packed volcano is the best experience :smug:, indeed. But as for the balls, shouldn't they actually evenly radiate/spread/ the heat that they absorb?

I agree that the reducer is a weak tool.
When I want a smaller load, I fill the chamber 100% and then I turn off the Volcano, and remove the chamber to reduce the chance for heat to continue penetrating the load.

Well, a vaping session with my VolcanoH. at the moment looks as follows:
At the moment I am using only the balloon. Around half - or sometimes a bit less- of the capacity of the chamber with weed.
4 balloons:
1 at a temperature of 170
2 at temperature of 190
3 at temperature of 210
4 at temperature of 230

and of course I always remove the chamber in between.

If I filled up the chamber 100%, I couldn't partition the amount of the weed in two (or maybe even three bonghit) sessions like the above mentioned one.
Therefore, there is no other way out than reducing somehow the size of that nice-huge chamber .
@felvaves's suggestion: a liquid pad on the weed seems to be the good way to do it.

But main question was about:

but the guy in the video sustains that this is

I guess that we might want to conclude that it's just nonsense what this guy in the video is maintaining.

It makes sense to me If the liquid pad on top of the weed has the same size of the chamber. Are we talking about this one?:

Yes, I always make sure that the weed covers the whole surface of the screen.

I understand that having the matching liquid pad on top of the weed should be better than without it when you have a small load

I also think that having a full packed volcano is the best experience :smug:, indeed. But as for the balls, shouldn't they actually evenly radiate/spread/ the heat that they absorb?

Well, a vaping session with my VolcanoH. at the moment looks as follows:
At the moment I am using only the balloon. Around half - or sometimes a bit less- of the capacity of the chamber with weed.
4 balloons:
1 at a temperature of 170
2 at temperature of 190
3 at temperature of 210
4 at temperature of 230

and of course I always remove the chamber in between.

If I filled up the chamber 100%, I couldn't partition the amount of the weed in two (or maybe even three bonghit) sessions like the above mentioned one.
Therefore, there is no other way out than reducing somehow the size of that nice-huge chamber .
@felvaves's suggestion: a liquid pad on the weed seems to be the good way to do it.

I guess that we might want to conclude that it's just nonsense what this guy in the video is maintaining.

Don't think I mentioned alcohol in my response but I'm stoned when I post sometimes
My post was regarding the spacer and its performance
It uses a capsule to hold the dry herb

Don't think I mentioned alcohol in my response but I'm stoned when I post sometimes

:dog:me too:cheers:

In fact, the part "alcohol by volume" was not meant to be there :dog:

@Vitolo said:

but I was - like you - stoned:science: as I was writing here. I was victim of a memory gap and not able to recall the meaning of the well known abbreviation AVB in our wonderful world of vaping - (& dabbing too...though still never tried but it's definitely on the to-do list) -. Google spat out the meaning "alcohol by volume". I had just copied and pasted it in here as the actual meaning of AVB suddenly occurred to me.
So that part, - which by the way is even not a sentence as there is no verb in it - , was meant to be removed but I forgot it.:biggrin:

My post was regarding the spacer and its performance
It uses a capsule to hold the dry herb

Yes, I know that it is actually meant to be used to hold the capsules.
But as I said:

:dog:me too:cheers:

In fact, the part "alcohol by volume" was not meant to be there :dog:

@Vitolo said:

but I was - like you - stoned:science: as I was writing here. I was victim of a memory gap and not able to recall the meaning of the well known abbreviation AVB in our wonderful world of vaping - (& dabbing too...though still never tried but it's definitely on the to-do list) -. Google spat out the meaning "alcohol by volume". I had just copied and pasted it in here as the actual meaning of AVB suddenly occurred to me.
So that part, - which by the way is even not a sentence as there is no verb in it - , was meant to be removed but I forgot it.:biggrin:

Yes, I know that it is actually meant to be used to hold the capsules.
But as I said:

Wow! You can recall....

The adapter I'm trying to get made is pretty straight forward
Bottom slides over the forced air opening and rises a little to let the old filling chamber sit easily but firm over the forced hot air
Bags that are filling will hopefully not fall off

ABV means weed that has "Already Been Vaped".
Flower that is done being Vaporized... the golden brown to dark brown stuff.
I know, I know.
In fact, in my previous posting I explained why I wrote "alcohol by volume".

you said.

but I was victim of a memory gap and not able to recall the meaning of the well known abbreviation AVB in our wonderful world of vaping -which is AVB -

Therefore I googled it and bumped into the meaning "alcohol by volume". I had just copied and pasted it in here as the actual meaning of AVB suddenly occurred to me.

Wow! You can recall....

I sense a hint of irony. (The question could be what exactly is meant by it)
Anyway:

The adapter I'm trying to get made is pretty straight forward
Bottom slides over the forced air opening and rises a little to let the old filling chamber sit easily but firm over the forced hot air
Bags that are filling will hopefully not fall off
I see. If you manage to have it made, it would be nice if you could then post a picture of it and maybe tell if you are satisfied with it.

I know, I know.
In fact, in my previous posting I explained why I wrote "alcohol by volume".

you said.

but I was victim of a memory gap and not able to recall the meaning of the well known abbreviation AVB in our wonderful world of vaping -which is AVB -

Therefore I googled it and bumped into the meaning "alcohol by volume". I had just copied and pasted it in here as the actual meaning of AVB suddenly occurred to me.

I sense a hint of irony. (The question could be what exactly is meant by it)
Anyway:

I see. If you manage to have it made, it would be nice if you could then post a picture of it and maybe tell if you are satisfied with it.

Because its a Volcano I'm trying to pass it off as an aromatherapy device

They actually need the device and the chamber to take measurements and that is the biggest hurdle
They are 9-5 exactly

My guess is it will take several tries to get it right IF they agree to do it

Because its a Volcano I'm trying to pass it off as an aromatherapy device
Many chefs around the country now own Volcanos in the kitchen to vaporize spices, and impart the vaporized constituents into food preparations in the form of vapor!

Many chefs around the country now own Volcanos in the kitchen to vaporize spices, and impart the vaporized constituents into food preparations in the form of vapor!

It would have to be dedicated for that purpose
A pretty good amount of sediment gets all over the open top of the volcano so I'm sure the same would happen with savory herbs

High heat 200c would provide a thick cloud in the bag
Cut it away and drop your ingredients in for a coating of oil
Or hold the valve open and squeeze the bag and force the vapor into a cloche

M and M glass is off the table
Think he is going out of business
Phone message is full and no calls are being answered
On to #5 glass blower
Think this will be my last try
Probably get a B2 if I can't get the adapter made

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back