Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Weather

It is currently a pleasant 71 at 10.30pm here. Then again I have been bitching to mom about how hot it has been here at night lately. Then again I don't know what real cold is. If I was you guys I would have my ugg boots on 24/7 around the house.

I can’t wait for those 70 degree nights. I do hate the cold more than anything.

On the good side we don't have earthquakes, mud slides, hurricanes, or any recent zombie apocalypse. And I'd rather die than live in Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, or Georgia. Maybe not die, but those warm weather states aren't high on my list.

As a grower whose lights turn on at night I'll pass on those 70 degree nights. 60-65 is fine thank you. Actually my job is easiest when it's below freezing out. Less corrections and adjustments to make. Those big temp swings are problematic in my room.

Those big temp swings are problematic in my room.
They're problematic period. And without air, nights in the seventies are not all that great here because they're usually hella humid. At least that's my take. :lol:

The temp swings really mess with arthritis as well.... I can't wait to get back closer to the freezing mark again instead of 40's. Forties are not my friend. :myday:

Morning!

Hope all survived the "bomb cyclone". It was nasty up here on N MI. We already had a couple feet of snow on the ground, then it rained, the rain mixed with snow, then turned to all snow and winds up to 60+ mph.

It was so nasty we could not see 50 ft at times. A true blizzard. The county south of us closed all roads in the county to nothing other than emergency vehicles. The highway nearest me was closed, and folks were urged to stay home and stay off the roads.

So today it's dig out day. It's still snowing and currently 16F. I'm unsure how much snow we got due to all the drifting, but I know it's gonna be a long day.

Horse just stepped on and mashed my right foot...............again.
So "let" my son's take over(what my dumbass should have done to begin with)and now on the couch watching it swell and rainbow up...........while mrs.arb berates me for causing her worry yet once again.
I hope she gets feeling better I sure hate seeing her suffer.
:hug:

Still do not miss florida.

Shoot @arb it's beautiful down here.
IMG-20190302-120805.jpg

Out in the water with the pax.

Sending love your way everyone

Shoot @arb it's beautiful down here.
IMG-20190302-120805.jpg

Out in the water with the pax.

Sending love your way everyone

Until law enforcement boards searches and assholes out........because they can.
Nope.................and don't even get me started On the fishing regs a cracker cant even throw a net without a permit and investigation anymore.
No sandspurs,fireants,rats,Palmetto bugs or noseeums.........fuck no.
:wave:

Up here in Canada we've had extremely erratic weather this winter. With temperature swings from -25°C to +12°C over a matter of hours and rain, freezing rain, ice pellets and blowing snow in one day, it's been the weirdest winter I've ever experienced. We have 2-3 feet of snow but the rain and freeze cycles have turned it all into an ice block.

Over the last few weeks it's been melting and the ice formation has created an ice dam around the house. Melting ice has been flowing into my window wells an water will come into the basement if it's not cleared. So I've been shop vacuuming out the wells in a marathon attempt to keep water out of the house. So far so good. I set up a water alarm that goes off when the water gets too high. Another week or so and it should be all melted and this weird winter will be over.

I can't wait for the spring and the crocuses to emerge.

Omg I feel the same way... our snow is almost gone. Just a little bit of covering in shady spots.

Yesterday, while I was chasing a herd of deer out of my yard, I noticed some green poking up in the back garden. I think my daffodils are starting to come up. And the nurseries are all hosting Hellebores workshops so I'll bet they're starting to peek out as well. I think I'll take a little stroll back there today and see what's going on. And what mischief the darn deer have been up to.

I think we are in Spring. 72* F expected today, but it's expected to drop some over the week. I can live with 72*. Madri-Guy is on spring break, so he'll be sheet mulching the front and back yards, and getting the yard ready for planting. All of my cannabis seeds cracked, so yay for that, and I've started sunflower seeds so they can help block the neighbor's views into the yard. Some roses are blooming, the daffodils are done, but the hyacinth and iris are going strong, with Calla lillies starting to bloom. A few of the peach trees are setting fruit, but just the early producers, and while some of the trees look pretty bare, we have blossoms on some of the apples, a few more peaches, some pears, plum and nectarine. I think this is my favorite time in the garden, when the yard starts going crazy with possibility. I need to get to the dispensary for clones, and the garden center for raspberry canes. It's horticultural heaven to be able to plant cannabis right in the garden, where it belongs. It's supposed to rain by Wednesday, and I'm trying to keep my spirits up and sit in the sun before I am driven back inside.

I think we are in Spring. 72* F expected today, but it's expected to drop some over the week. I can live with 72*. Madri-Guy is on spring break, so he'll be sheet mulching the front and back yards, and getting the yard ready for planting. All of my cannabis seeds cracked, so yay for that, and I've started sunflower seeds so they can help block the neighbor's views into the yard. Some roses are blooming, the daffodils are done, but the hyacinth and iris are going strong, with Calla lillies starting to bloom. A few of the peach trees are setting fruit, but just the early producers, and while some of the trees look pretty bare, we have blossoms on some of the apples, a few more peaches, some pears, plum and nectarine. I think this is my favorite time in the garden, when the yard starts going crazy with possibility. I need to get to the dispensary for clones, and the garden center for raspberry canes. It's horticultural heaven to be able to plant cannabis right in the garden, where it belongs. It's supposed to rain by Wednesday, and I'm trying to keep my spirits up and sit in the sun before I am driven back inside.
I have been missing you super glad your planning your plantings...........spring won t be here until may.

Up here in Canada we've had extremely erratic weather this winter. With temperature swings from -25°C to +12°C over a matter of hours and rain, freezing rain, ice pellets and blowing snow in one day, it's been the weirdest winter I've ever experienced. We have 2-3 feet of snow but the rain and freeze cycles have turned it all into an ice block.

Over the last few weeks it's been melting and the ice formation has created an ice dam around the house. Melting ice has been flowing into my window wells an water will come into the basement if it's not cleared. So I've been shop vacuuming out the wells in a marathon attempt to keep water out of the house. So far so good. I set up a water alarm that goes off when the water gets too high. Another week or so and it should be all melted and this weird winter will be over.

I think we went through the same storm, and we also had 30+ inches of snow. But now it's more like 20+. Progress, lol. I was getting concerned about our roof. It's sturdy and all, but we had 3 ft deep drifts on the peak and there were some roofs that colasped nearby. Now it's only partially covered and less that one foot. Our back yard is fenced but a gate was iced open, and I didn't want to chop the ice because it would take sod with it. That same ice made getting to our chicken coop and compost heap dangerous due to slippery ice. Now thats ok at least. Come on spring!

Last year we planted our veggies may 20th, not sure this year, but I have enough confidence that we bought seeds, lol.

You can just feel a storm coming today.... I haven't checked the weather but it's gotten real warm out and my personal barometer is saying something is going to go down. Day started sort of pretty with some sun. But it's getting a sort of dull gray now and you can see moisture in the air. And the birds aren't very active...

I read an article recently about what Michigan's weather will be like this summer. This particular weather forecaster predicts a very warm and humid/wet summer. Not hot because there will be too much rain and the ground will stay moist. Should be interesting to see if he's right.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back