Sponsored by

PuffItUp Dynavap VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.

Lunacy Weather

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
We've had crazy rain almost every day I've been up at the cottage this visit. Just had another big storm go through and I was woken up by one this morning. Big thunder and lightening. And the sunsets have been so weird... very muted. I was told it's the smoke from the Canadian wild fires. Reminds me of the Mt. St. Helen year...

But it's always fun watching a storm on the lake. Always dramatic.

Madri-Gal

We've had crazy rain almost every day I've been up at the cottage this visit. Just had another big storm go through and I was woken up by one this morning. Big thunder and lightening. And the sunsets have been so weird... very muted. I was told it's the smoke from the Canadian wild fires. Reminds me of the Mt. St. Helen year...

But it's always fun watching a storm on the lake. Always dramatic.
Rain in Summer always confuses me. It's pretty rare around here. It does sound wonderfully dramatic, storms on the lake.

Squiby

Cool Kitty
Staff member
We are experiencing perfect weather right now and the same is forecast for the foreseeable future. Day time temps in the mid 20s C (70-75 F) with nights in the low teens (55 F). Perfect for open windows to let in a gentle breeze while snuggled under the duvet.

This is the beginning of my favourite time of year.

Shredder

Dogs like me
We are experiencing perfect weather right now and the same is forecast for the foreseeable future. Day time temps in the mid 20s C (70-75 F) with nights in the low teens (55 F). Perfect for open windows to let in a gentle breeze while snuggled under the duvet.

This is the beginning of my favourite time of year.
We are having that same weather, although high 40's at night.

I'm just north of the 45th parallel.

My favorite time as well. I used to take my vacation in September, back when I worked.

Madri-Gal

The end of Summer always makes me sad, but we have a good two months of nice weather ahead of us. I used to enjoy Fall as well, but the out of control fires the last few years have made me nervous.
171207-california-wildfires-mc-1124_6ac14242c881273668992f055a5bd2d0.jpg

43410b1c-6001-4680-98a0-af732d2c89be-large16x9_pjimage1.jpg

We don't get rain in Summer, and by Fall it's hot and dry. Some neglect by PG&E, and lives are lost, billions in damage done. Last year we lost Paradise. An entire town, gone.
I'll stay in the lazy days of Summer. (The photo is of a neighborhood in Santa Rosa, before and after the 2017 fire.)

Shredder

Dogs like me
Up here in Canada we are holding steady at a bit cooler than your Thursday and Friday forecast. Perfect fall weather. I hope your forecast comes to be and you get a break from the heat!
Our weather seems similar to yours.

The trees are now starting to change here.

It's really a nice time of year IMHO. Tourists have gone home, and we have our town back.

No wait for a seat at a pub, no lines in the gas station and stores. Love it.

Apologies to the flatlanders (mom). Lol

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
Apologies to the flatlanders (mom). Lol
Lmao... hey now....

I feel the same way up at the cottage. I love when everyone goes south for the winter. And the lake is quiet. All the summer renters have left.

Now downstate nothing ever changes. It's always crowded and busy. You really notice it after spending time up north.

The colors have started changing at the lake as well. I was surprised. Seems early this year.

We had a sunny day with a brisk wind that brought up white caps on the lake. Sort of reminded me of the Great Lakes. It was beautiful.

Squiby

Cool Kitty
Staff member
The trees are now starting to change here.
It's really a nice time of year IMHO. Tourists have gone home, and we have our town back
All the summer renters have left.
The trees here are just barely beginning to color. The Sumacs have a tinge of the intense florescent orange they display and a few maples are have the odd red leaf. The next few weeks should be glorious as long as no storms come through and bring down the show.

We still have some tourists. They seem to hang on here, slowly petering out until Canadian Thanksgiving in mid October. There was a big Gala in the village today. People everywhere. No parking to be had. Everyone giving it one more hurrah for the season. Soon enough, only us locals will be seen and we will go back to a sleepy little community where everyone you see, you know.

Whisper

We have suffered all summer, with record breaking temperatures. Really hot, tons of no see ums, and mosquitoes. Usually, we have a nice ocean breeze, it was still. The last couple of days, we've had the 80's, today is 88*, and it is a relief. Down here, we are hoping to see it cool, as hurricane season has been busy. We were swamped with people from the mainland, and I look forward to our slow 2 month's ahead. November, will bring the snowbirds ( people that flock south ), and we will start the merry-go-round again.

Squiby

Cool Kitty
Staff member
Yesterday was a lovely calm overcast day with the sun peaking out here and there through the clouds. I needed to slip into the village to collect my mail and go to the bank. The drive down the mountain and into the village takes around three minutes. I'd be gone for less than a half hour.

As I drove down the mountain road the sky darkened and my headlights automatically came on. By the time I got to the Post Office it had begun to spit rain. A minute later as I came out with my mail in hand it was raining steadily. I walked to my Jeep and put my mail on the seat, collected my umbrella and proceeded to walk to the bank located across the street.

As I entered the bank the skies opened up and sheets of water came down in a burst and bounced as it hit the ground. Then it started hailing. It was a torrential downpour and it was so dense that I couldn't see my vehicle parked across the street.

As I stood there waiting for the rain to ease up, I remembered that all my upstairs windows were open at home. So, I made a dash for it. The wind was swirling the rain in all directions and I got soaked despite having my umbrella. Moments after getting inside and putting on my seatbelt, before even putting the stick shift in gear, the rain and hail abruptly stopped.

I drove home to discover wet window sills and puddles of water on the floor. It took about 10 bath towe!s to soak up all the water.

All this over maybe 20 minutes.

Then I changed my wet clothes and settled in with a nice hot cup tea. I looked out the window and the sun was shining.

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
Yesterday was a lovely calm overcast day with the sun peaking out here and there through the clouds. I needed to slip into the village to collect my mail and go to the bank. The drive down the mountain and into the village takes around three minutes. I'd be gone for less than a half hour.

As I drove down the mountain road the sky darkened and my headlights automatically came on. By the time I got to the Post Office it had begun to spit rain. A minute later as I came out with my mail in hand it was raining steadily. I walked to my Jeep and put my mail on the seat, collected my umbrella and proceeded to walk to the bank located across the street.

As I entered the bank the skies opened up and sheets of water came down in a burst and bounced as it hit the ground. Then it started hailing. It was a torrential downpour and it was so dense that I couldn't see my vehicle parked across the street.

As I stood there waiting for the rain to ease up, I remembered that all my upstairs windows were open at home. So, I made a dash for it. The wind was swirling the rain in all directions and I got soaked despite having my umbrella. Moments after getting inside and putting on my seatbelt, before even putting the stick shift in gear, the rain and hail abruptly stopped.

I drove home to discover wet window sills and puddles of water on the floor. It took about 10 bath towe!s to soak up all the water.

All this over maybe 20 minutes.

Then I changed my wet clothes and settled in with a nice hot cup tea. I looked out the window and the sun was shining.
You'd think you lived in Michigan.... our saying here is, "if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute." :rofl:

Popi

Occam's razor / Hanlon's razor
Oct.2 in Nashville and the temp was 99 with 101 heat index. Nashville averages 45 days of 90+ temps. This year we've had 98 days of 90+ temps with a couple more to come. Less than one tenth of an inch of rain in the last 42 days. This is too much.

Sponsored by

PuffItUp Dynavap VGoodiez 420EDC