Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy What are you watching?

My lady friend was introduced to the Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark series of books ... by me.

So over the weekend she hosted a party to watch the movie with about a dozen friends to watch the movie.

The movie ain't great. It's fun, and it's a bit scary, but it doesn't incorporate enough of the stories. I guess they're making a sequel to bring more stories in but whatever. It's a silly, kind of scary movie for early teens, and good for a laugh for the folks who read them in the 80s or 90s. Still some good scares.

Plus, Guillermo del Toro is involved.

Mandelbrot Set Zoom Animation Out-take! 1.0E184 (10^184 or 2^611)

Fractal Math . ..

Last edited:
Enjoying the Olympics. Love the snowboarding and aerial freestyle skiing. Don’t really care about the medals just the entertainment value.

Last edited:
Smoooth and easy tonight . . . what's that you say? The "New Frontier"? . .. It's coming . .. .

While on one of our walks the other day, we noticed a group of college girls eating Wheat Thins like they were from the last box of them on Earth. It made me think of this. And the idiocy of corporate policy. Plus ... it's just really funny.

I've had a mancrush on Elijah for years now. And I don't care who knows it. And I don't care who knows I stole his hair. And I also don't care who fucking cares. When they make the movie based on me, it will be Elijah. You heard it here first.

I've had a mancrush on Elijah for years now. And I don't care who knows it. And I don't care who knows I stole his hair. And I also don't care who fucking cares. When they make the movie based on me, it will be Elijah. You heard it here first.

Hobbit fetish?!
We don't judge here, much
But the folks in the Shire may see it differently

Don't you have a foot of height on this guy?

So this is what I'm watching for Memorial Day Weekend!

So many great things to watch this Memorial Day weekend, hard to choose so I'm watching them all. First movie, I'm watching tonight is the 1962 classic of T. E. Lawrence's classic autobiography "Lawrence of Arabia". I have the director's cut which is over 4 hours long and starts with a musical prelude and has a good sized intermission so you can take a bio break or just freakin' hydrate . . . Its an epic, epic piece of film making based on an amazing story of a remarkable human being.

Second is of course the Indy 500, the greatest spectacle of motor racing in the world. Speed records are being set this year with trap speeds at the end of the straights at 244 MPH and average lap speeds over 233 MPH during qualifying. Here is Colton Herta, Bryan Herta's son, showing us today why this sport is not for the faint of heart.

And finally, if I have the time, Das Boot . . . another epic film depicting sub warfare in WW2. I'm partial to this one since some of my family were submariners. I always watch it in German with English subtitles, its considered one of the greatest submarine films of all time.

Have a happy, and safe, holiday weekend! :-)

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back